mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Murrieta area Trails????

Myself and a friend just started riding and have ridden Sylvan meadows area up near LaCresta yesterday we rode a little bit of the san juan trail off the 74 and found this to be a little to much for us as we walked our bikes alot more than we would have liked to many ruts and rocks. Anyhow we dont mind a few obstacles but are looking for some smooth long type single track and less technical than san juan but more than sylvan thanks...

mtbr member

Idyllwild in hemet

Idyllwild in hemet is a great place. San Juan is worth getting in shape for, its awesome. Also there is Vail lake of 79S but they charge 10$ access fee. I live in Murrieta also.
    Here is a pic of my last visit to vail Vail lake today

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic85
    Myself and a friend just started riding and have ridden Sylvan meadows area up near LaCresta yesterday we rode a little bit of the san juan trail off the 74 and found this to be a little to much for us as we walked our bikes alot more than we would have liked to many ruts and rocks. Anyhow we dont mind a few obstacles but are looking for some smooth long type single track and less technical than san juan but more than sylvan thanks...
    Last edited by Festusjrf; 01-05-2006 at 12:30 PM. Reason: added link
    http://www.caddesignwork.com/ where CAD Design and drafting happens.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Vail is Fun

Vail is a fun place to ride and isn't too far out there. There is a good climb out by the dam, nothing like SanJuan but challenging, some fun ridgetop riding and a couple of nice shorter downhill sections that are not too technical. The trails are in pretty good shape considering the fires and floods of last year. The motorcycles are really out there quite a bit lately and they really do quite a bit of damage to the trails.

There is also Simpson Park in Hemet which is mostly singletrack and a lot of fun. It has some pretty good downhill singletrack where you really have to weave in and out of the boulders and brush.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    San Juan is definitely worth it. My first time out I'd only been riding for about 2 months, and it was horrible. That was about 2.5 months ago. Now we ride the trail about 1-2 times a month, and it's one of my fave's.

Hurkey Creek in Idyllwild is a lot of fun also, but does have some climbing (this includes rocks, some water ruts, etc, but it's a lot more broken up than San Juan in that the climbs are much shorter, with meadows and some downhill in between).

We ride Santa Rosa fairly often (it's about 10 mins from home), but have never tried Vail.

Mouse's Mom
    Chino Hills State Park, Box Canyon Park (Moreno Valley), Cuyamaca. There are others as well, but I can't think of them right now.

PhotoMom

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic85
    http://www.JodyGomez.com Someone please teach me to shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by rapwithtom
    If you start a race confident you'll podium, you're a sandbagger.