[paste title here]

Mt Sac FFTC - Race Recap (some pics)

Well I just got from the Mt Sac Fall Fat Tire Classic. My legs hurt and it feels great. The weather was nice and it didnt get too hot. I raced in Jr Beg Men 17 -18 class and I did 2 laps instead of 1. There was a little confusion at the start line. I didnt really mind, this is my third race and I can use this to see how I measured up to riders in categories above me. This was my first time on this trail and it wasnt that bad. A little muddy. Two steep uphill sections and a couple steep and fast dh sections. Oh and a couple ST here and there. I liked this race better than the TBB ones probably b/c of the cool trophy at the end. I placed 2nd in my group and did 11.58 miles in 1hr 7min. So not that bad.

Also met a couple guys from here, nice to meet you guys. How did everyone else here do?

Chattin with my bro before the start

Getting up to the top of the hill

Getting ready to go dh

Just crossed the fin line

Walking to the park area

Group pic, lil sis in the middle (future rider?)

Trophy shot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

banned
    Apr 2004

Good job MTB dude

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude87
    Well I just got from the Mt Sac Fall Fat Tire Classic. My legs hurt and it feels great. The weather was nice and it didnt get too hot. I raced in Jr Beg Men 17 -18 class and I did 2 laps instead of 1. There was a little confusion at the start line. I didnt really mind, this is my third race and I can use this to see how I measured up to riders in categories above me. This was my first time on this trail and it wasnt that bad. A little muddy. Two steep uphill sections and a couple steep and fast dh sections. Oh and a couple ST here and there. I liked this race better than the TBB ones probably b/c of the cool trophy at the end. I placed 2nd in my group and did 11.58 miles in 1hr 7min. So not that bad.

Also met a couple guys from here, nice to meet you guys. How did everyone else here do?

Chattin with my bro before the start

Getting up to the top of the hill

Getting ready to go dh

Just crossed the fin line

Walking to the park area

Group pic, lil sis in the middle (future rider?)

Trophy shot
    I did pretty good 54 minutes beg. class but was pretty well spent afterwards
    I wish I would have started racing in my teens, you'll be smoking us old guys in no time, keep up the good work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    That was a great race. I wish that they would have made it clear on how many laps we were supposed to do. I still had a lot of fun anyway and I am looking foward to entering this race next year.

Cracker-magnon
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude87

Hey nice job. I was racing sport singlespeed. I placed 24th or something like that. 1:57 for three laps. I have to give thanks to my wife and son that got up with me this morning to come and watch. I raced a bit about 13 years ago, and just started again this year. This was the first one that they had come to. We were all tired when we got home. My son took this while we were napping
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

34N 118W

racin' action

Quote Originally Posted by gpsser
    My son took this while we were napping
    funny shot

here's one of you with a little more action to it - nice goin'!