Thread: mt lowe tunnel

Glad to Be Alive

mt lowe tunnel

has the tunnel been cleared out...can you still shuttle to top???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    you gotta wonder if the rangers will be watching this thread.........

Flaccid Member
    http://corbamtb.com/news/tag/angeles-national-forest/

Mueller tunnel is still closed and subject to $5,000 fine per person. For someone that has ridden mtn bikes as long as you have, Shiver, I am surprised you couldn't go to a more direct source for your answer.

official eMpTyBRain
    I drive by Angeles Crest Hwy (Hwy 2) everyday, it still says "Hwy 2 closed". I know that the trails along the frontside have opened but I am pretty sure that the stretch of Hwy 2 that starts in La Canada and goes up and beyond Red Box remains closed...

Prove me wrong and I will be a happy man!!!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

FTM
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    I drive by Angeles Crest Hwy (Hwy 2) everyday, it still says "Hwy 2 closed". I know that the trails along the frontside have opened but I am pretty sure that the stretch of Hwy 2 that starts in La Canada and goes up and beyond Red Box remains closed...

Prove me wrong and I will be a happy man!!!
    It's only closed from La Canada to the intersection of Angeles Forest Hwy. There are other ways to get up there.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by FTM View Post
    It's only closed from La Canada to the intersection of Angeles Forest Hwy. There are other ways to get up there.
    Ah, OK. Didn't know this.

Then the big question is:

If you can get to Red Box, Is Mt. Wilson Road open for public use??? Are people shuttling???

FTM

If you can get to Red Box, Is Mt. Wilson Road open for public use??? Are people shuttling???
    Mt. Wilson has been opened for a long time, Cafe is even open on the weekends. The Muller tunnel is still closed so I'm not sure what shuttling you would be interested in. Never really understood shuttling anyhow, always would rather choose to spend my free time on a bike rather than a car.

Flaccid Member

If they are going through Mueller, they are subject to citation and fine, $5000 per incident.

official eMpTyBRain
    Mt. Wilson has been opened for a long time, Cafe is even open on the weekends. The Muller tunnel is still closed so I'm not sure what shuttling you would be interested in. Never really understood shuttling anyhow, always would rather choose to spend my free time on a bike rather than a car.
    I'm not a shuttler either. In fact I enjoy the goat grind up at least as much as the drop back down. I didn't know any of that out back stuff was open for use behind Mt. Wilson. I am so used to seeing shuttlers drive up Hwy 2 via La Canada. Since it's closed through there, I figured nobody was riding up there since it's such a long way to drive all the way around to get there now. For those super-ultra hardcore guys who "simply" grind there way all the way up and around the mountain from places like Chantry or Cogswell Dam just to get into that area, you are Godlike to me!

official eMpTyBRain
    Can you get to Red Box via Clear Creek Junction?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    http://corbamtb.com/news/tag/angeles-national-forest/

Mueller tunnel is still closed and subject to $5,000 fine per person. For someone that has ridden mtn bikes as long as you have, Shiver, I am surprised you couldn't go to a more direct source for your answer.
    basically injured the last 4 years...have not ridden much....Just trying to see what is open from years past and I heard about the landslide....didn't know it was illegal now...glad I posted this
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days