Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Moving to Lake Elsinore! Looking for DH/FR (People/trials)?

830 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  royta 
#1 ·
I am moving to Elsinore after being in Northern Idaho the past 4 years, we left Manhattan beach (Redondo/Hermose area) so the wife could get her RN and now she has it and we will be there Sunday and unpacked shortly.
I am looking to hookup with with others in the area to go ride, my son has a DH ride I built him as well and hes showing potential (5' drops to almost flat first day) at riding. He's here for the summer so he could use some practice and experience. We didnt expect to be coming back so soon, so I had to bag on taking him to Tamarack/Brundige/Beacon and Couerdelane. So any help is appreciated and we dont mind a little drive, we are almost always down to ride pending the spousal duties.:D

Keep me posted, we ride pretty aggresive and drop so speed and hucking is OK.:thumbsup:

#2 ·
There are some trails, although, most of them you'll have to drive to get them. San Juan Trail is a very popular trail, just watch out for other trail users please. Also there are some trails on and near Indian Truck Trail. I'm sure there are others, although I have a 5" travel trail bike, I'm most an XC SS guy. Since I have moved to Murrieta, from Big Bear, I have used my trail bike about 2 times. Unfortunately, there does'nt seem to be a whole lot of riding opportunities in this area, although there is talk that Vail Lake might install chairlifts, I think that would be awesome, being that the closest lift assisted area is Big Bear, and even that is limited.

#3 ·
Hiya

bullcrew said:
I am moving to Elsinore after being in Northern Idaho the past 4 years, we left Manhattan beach (Redondo/Hermose area) so the wife could get her RN and now she has it and we will be there Sunday and unpacked shortly.
I am looking to hookup with with others in the area to go ride, my son has a DH ride I built him as well and hes showing potential (5' drops to almost flat first day) at riding. He's here for the summer so he could use some practice and experience. We didnt expect to be coming back so soon, so I had to bag on taking him to Tamarack/Brundige/Beacon and Couerdelane. So any help is appreciated and we dont mind a little drive, we are almost always down to ride pending the spousal duties.:D

Keep me posted, we ride pretty aggresive and drop so speed and hucking is OK.:thumbsup:
That's a cool coincidence, Bullcrew. And I'm trippin you'll be there Sunday already! I do remmeber you tellin me on the phone that you were going back. We talked on the phone a while back - you rode with my friend Craig in Boise. I too am moving back, to Orange or South Orange county, after being in Boise about 4 years. I can suggest some incredible places to ride in OC if you PM me. I am not moving until end of Oct or Nov though, as I need to save for the move.

Edit: One thing I don't know offhand of any jump/freeride parks other then in central OC and those are mainly BMX style big/huge kickers. There are several freeride parks here, but none that I can think of down there. That is odd, don't you think? Maybe it has changed - and you'll have to ask around. I'm betting there are technical, natural terrain places out around the Temecula Valley somewhere?

Happy Friday

#4 ·
mtnbkrdr98 said:
That's a cool coincidence, Bullcrew. And I'm trippin you'll be there Sunday already! I do remmeber you tellin me on the phone that you were going back. We talked on the phone a while back - you rode with my friend Craig in Boise. I too am moving back, to Orange or South Orange county, after being in Boise about 4 years. I can suggest some incredible places to ride in OC if you PM me. I am not moving until end of Oct or Nov though, as I need to save for the move.

Edit: One thing I don't know offhand of any jump/freeride parks other then in central OC and those are mainly BMX style big/huge kickers. There are several freeride parks here, but none that I can think of down there. That is odd, don't you think? Maybe it has changed - and you'll have to ask around. I'm betting there are technical, natural terrain places out around the Temecula Valley somewhere?

Happy Friday
Sweet, we will have to hook it up. There is a jump park in Temecula that has a foam pit for backflips and some bigger hip doubles that will accomodate a DHFR rig. I was there several years ago nad Eric just moved to Texas but he rode them recently.
I am looking for certain trails that come down the Ortega HWYand fallbrook, I'll jump into one of the fight club scenes for DH'ing and see. Yeah I remember talking to you, that is one heck of a coincindence. My Sunday landing is now Sunday night, I packed a 3500lb trailer to the gills. Axles are laying on the frame and the wheels are bowed out.:D So I have to buy a bigger trailer in the morning and unpack this one tonight and pack the other one tomorrow AM.:madman:
Keep me posted and we'll hook up, the weather is winter riding down there.:cornut:

#5 ·
mtnbkrdr98 said:
I too am moving back, to Orange or South Orange county, after being in Boise about 4 years. I can suggest some incredible places to ride in OC if you PM me. I am not moving until end of Oct or Nov though, as I need to save for the move.
Why are you moving back to Southern California? It appears we'll be leaving for Boise in September.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.