See you at the top.
    Oct 2005

New question here. Morning People to ride with in SD area

Hey just looking for people to ride with. I made plans to ride yesterday with a buddy and he got too drunk to make the meeting time. I went out and hammered all of San Juan and the Chiquito Falls alone but would like someone to ride with.

The other guy I ride with is fun but married with kids and always under time constraints. After ride margaritas are a never with him and he has to check in with the wife before being able to plan a ride. I would like some more free partners to make it happen with.

The perfect group is 3 very closely matched goign up and down. I ride it all and rarely if ever shuttle. I like to go out and ride for hours and need to find some people in the SD area, I live in Oside, to ride with.

any takers?
    Don't be the 13th inch. Keep single track single!

Buck Fush.

mechmann_mtb
    you are welcome to come along on our Daley Ranch ride tomorrow AM.

we have a 14 mile loop (logged as a personal route on geoladders.com) that we like.

we will be leaving the parking lot at 9AM.

it isn't like riding San Juan - Chiquito (we have ridden that trail and if you can clean all of Chiquito you are a bit more advanced than i am)

PM me if you think you can make it.

See you at the top.
    Oct 2005

not this time

APreciate the invite. Weeek days are hard to hook up for rides. THat whole work things gets in the way. A weekend epic is probably a better idea. ALthough a morning FlightLine trip is always a possibility. I work across the street from it.

Buck Fush.

mechmann_mtb
    oh man. i totally forgot it was monday. the wife and i took a 4 day weekend for her birthday. i think we will be going up to the OC for some riding next weekend. probably hit up the Aliso Woods rides.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm always up for early AM rides and live in San Marcos - weekend epics I can only fit in once in awhile as I have similar constraints as one of your buddies ('cept I've got 5 kids) - however, during the week, it gets light at 5:30 AM right?

Flightline, the bit of singletrack left at Discovery Hills, Calaveras Lake, Mt. Israel - heck, even behind Palomar College ... lemme know.

See you at the top.
    Oct 2005

I will

Quote Originally Posted by Juliius
    I'm always up for early AM rides and live in San Marcos - weekend epics I can only fit in once in awhile as I have similar constraints as one of your buddies ('cept I've got 5 kids) - however, during the week, it gets light at 5:30 AM right?

Flightline, the bit of singletrack left at Discovery Hills, Calaveras Lake, Mt. Israel - heck, even behind Palomar College ... lemme know.

Hey I will let you know as I know only Flightline from your list. Weekdays are a little tough for me but I will make something happen. Thanks.

Buck Fush.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar
    Hey just looking for people to ride with. I made plans to ride yesterday with a buddy and he got too drunk to make the meeting time. I went out and hammered all of San Juan and the Chiquito Falls alone but would like someone to ride with.

The other guy I ride with is fun but married with kids and always under time constraints. After ride margaritas are a never with him and he has to check in with the wife before being able to plan a ride. I would like some more free partners to make it happen with.

The perfect group is 3 very closely matched goign up and down. I ride it all and rarely if ever shuttle. I like to go out and ride for hours and need to find some people in the SD area, I live in Oside, to ride with.

any takers?
    I try to get at least one AM weekday ride in a week. Usually ends up being Flightline, Elfin Forest, Knotts or something. Usually Tuesdays are best, sometimes Thurs and Fridays. I'm in La Costa and don't have the kid/wife/cell phone check in thing going on.

See you at the top.
    Oct 2005

cool

Quote Originally Posted by NoShirt
    I try to get at least one AM weekday ride in a week. Usually ends up being Flightline, Elfin Forest, Knotts or something. Usually Tuesdays are best, sometimes Thurs and Fridays. I'm in La Costa and don't have the kid/wife/cell phone check in thing going on.

How about weekend epics?

Buck Fush.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar
    How about weekend epics?
    ah, weekend rides are usually spots like Woodson, Iron Mountain, Noble, Idyllwild. Guys I ride with know way more trails then I, so I'm usually just along for the ride. Want to figure out Deer Springs area better, lots of trails but not too many people ride bikes there.