mtbr member
    Oct 2004

monday ride Iron Mountain

up visiting from good ol redding ca. was wanting to do iron mountain.. hear it's a great ride. just wanted to see if anyone was riding it monday mornin' , and see if i could join in!! or if i could get a heads up on a great line ie. which way to start, or what route to take.. i am stayin in lakeside. don't know how far that is from trailhead? somebody throw me a bone!!!!

mtbr member
    Mountain Bike Bill has a good review on his site here: http://mountainbikebill.com/IronMountain.htm

Another review from when I rode there in December: http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...ane-trail.html

Have fun.

C

Leash Law Enforcer
    Wish I had tomorrow off, I'd love to go up there. It is definitely a better ride on the weekdays than on the weekends (too many hikers). The trailhead is at the intersection of 67 and Poway Road, up the 67 from Lakeside. I would suggest turning right and going up Iron Mt. at the fork in the trail at the saddle. If you have time after riding Iron Mt., I would also suggest trying the Ellie Lane. As said above, I would check out moutainbikebill.com. Bill has some great maps and details on his site.
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    thanks for the heads up guys!!! i totally pumped for the ride... last time i was down here i was able to do noble canyon!!! talk about epic!!! so now i have the oppurunity to hit up another local favorite!!!! sshhhweeett!!! tahnks again for the info..

ISO Gems...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    thanks for the heads up guys!!! i totally pumped for the ride... last time i was down here i was able to do noble canyon!!! talk about epic!!! so now i have the oppurunity to hit up another local favorite!!!! sshhhweeett!!! tahnks again for the info..

I highly recommend doing the Ellie portion of the trail, especially if you've come in from out of town. Stay on Ellie for as long as you can there are several bail out points when you reach the second saddle - keep making rights when the trail forks. Keep heading westward and you'll enjoy the whole ride.

D

Here's a link to some shots from yesterdays ride :

Chunk

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki

this is a major step up in the chunk over noble, no comparison what-so-ever. you will like it alot. do the ellie lane part for sure, its some good sh##T! also, best scenery (ie, moving objects of a certain 1/2 of the population) ride around!

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by dft
    this is a major step up in the chunk over noble, no comparison what-so-ever. you will like it alot. do the ellie lane part for sure, its some good sh##T! also, best scenery (ie, moving objects of a certain 1/2 of the population) ride around!
    Dang , wish you would have showed up dft. We turned around at the Ramona lookout, doooh.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14