mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Mojave Preserve Trails?

I'm planning a several-day trip to Mojave National Preserve, with the intent of riding a fair amount and camping out there. I've only found information on two loops: the Cinder Cones Loop and Hole-In-The-Wall to Mid Hills loop (both from Mountain Bike! Southern California). Does anyone know of other rides in Mojave? We're both racers, and can handle serious stuff if it's out there. Would Joshua Tree be a better bet?
    Gracias!
    Last edited by punksurf6; 10-29-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Blue Dot Junkie
    I've been working on the same thing for the last few weeks-- must be something in the air!

Yesterday we rode in the Chuckwallas, east of J-tree & have many more trips back to the area planned as well.

My two experiences riding in these areas (J-tree & east, as well as scouting in the Mojave Preserve) have been very, very rewarding. People will tell you it's too sandy, and it certainly is in parts, but you can route-plan accordingly. Google Earth has been very helpful, so has trial & error, and some common sense.

PM me & I'll share more via email if you're interested.
    I earn my living building Siren Bicycles

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    BrendanC - i tried to PM you, but you have some kind of quota issue. clear that crap out and we'll get in touch!

Blue Dot Junkie
    All cleared..
    I earn my living building Siren Bicycles