mtbr member

Moab/Epic Conditions the Weather Channel

Ok, so I saw that show on Moab on The Weather Channel and have never been there but after seeing that I'm thinking of heading out there. I'm more intersted in the FR stuff. For those that know;

How far(hrs.) is it from the OC and is it worth it for a Sat/Sun weekend?

Any recomendations on where to stay or get trail info for this type of riding?

Death By Snoo Snoo
    Just came back from Moab a little over a week ago... amazing place. We did more XC stuff at Slick Rock and on the last day of riding we did Porcupine rim which was a shuttle run. It was fun, just wished i had more energy. T

he place we stayed was a condo and it was pricey (~200/night) so if you are only going solo or with 1 or 2 other guys... it may not be worth it. Drive time is about 10-12 hours from Long Beach depending on how many stops you take and traffic. We drove to Whistler last year which was a tad over 24 hours so to me 12 hours is nothing in a car.

Our routes were planned for us by the guy who set up the trip so i don't have that experience to give you but i am sure you can find good routes on line or go to one of the many bike shops in town.

Is it worth it for a weekend trip? Hard to say, depends on how core you are... i would take at least one day off for driving or recovery.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Do a search on the forums for Moab. You'll find a ton of info, including many recent posts. Or search Google. There are a lot of Moab sites with lodging info. Many hotels/motels in town, so choose from that, or camp nearby.

I piss excelience.
    if you are going to go, go now. It gets really really hot in the summer.
    Id rather be riding.