mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Mission Trails SD

Headed out to mission trails this weekend for the first time in about 2 months. Trails had some rain damage and ruts throughout, but made for a very good challenging ride. Started out at the campgrounds and made my way through the grasslands and up blood alley/Fortuna. Nice big grave dug on blood alley just waiting for its first victim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

more pics

Couple more pics going up blood alley making my way up Fortuna. Overlooking the valley and the river crossing before making my way back to the visitor center then to the campgrounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TCB
    mtbr member
    Thanks for the update antman.
    The water level still looks high, did you have any problems crossing the river.
    I have been avoiding that crossing and starting from Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

Here is a photo I took last week looking down E-ticket, as you can see in the photo, the trail is eroding and will end up looking like the photo you took of your bike next to the sinkhole, I would like to try to go out there this week or next and install some rolling Grade dips.

PS: Nice Ventana, how well does it climb with the DHX.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

trail damage

Throughout the entire ride the trail had quite a bit of water damage like that posted in your pic and and mine. It makes for a good challenge whether climbing up of bombing down, however, if it doesn't get some work done on it I can see it getting a whole lot worse. I'll have to check out SDMBA and see if they have a trail work day scheduled and try and volunteer when that comes around. The river crossing is not to high, about 2-4 inches above the ankle, but it is fast, cold and slippery.
    As far as the bike goes, the DHX and the propedal adjustability make for a great climber.

TCB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by antman
    Throughout the entire ride the trail had quite a bit of water damage like that posted in your pic and and mine. It makes for a good challenge whether climbing up of bombing down, however, if it doesn't get some work done on it I can see it getting a whole lot worse. I'll have to check out SDMBA and see if they have a trail work day scheduled and try and volunteer when that comes around. The river crossing is not to high, about 2-4 inches above the ankle, but it is fast, cold and slippery.
    As far as the bike goes, the DHX and the propedal adjustability make for a great climber.
    I am with SDMBA and we are having our next meeting tonight at 7pm at Leucadia Pizzeria (7748 Regents Rd), I was going to ask Everett our Liaison for MTRP if we can plan a trail-work day in the next few weeks.
    If you can't make the meeting I will post the date for the next MTRP trail-work day.

I am riding MTRP before the meeting; if you or anyone would like to join me, meet at the end of Clairemont Mesa Blvd. At 4:30pm look for green jeep with 5 spot.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by TCB
    I am with SDMBA and we are having our next meeting tonight at 7pm at Leucadia Pizzeria (7748 Regents Rd), I was going to ask Everett our Liaison for MTRP if we can plan a trail-work day in the next few weeks.
    If you can't make the meeting I will post the date for the next MTRP trail-work day.

I am riding MTRP before the meeting; if you or anyone would like to join me, meet at the end of Clairemont Mesa Blvd. At 4:30pm look for green jeep with 5 spot.
    Hey, if you get bored or start feeling "your art", can you take a few more shots of the recent trailwork? I want to see the uppermost area where that long rut was filled, but with a shot looking up from below. I also want to see the next 3 sites from below. I want. I want. I want.

If I don't work too late, I'll come by and buy you a beer tonight.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB

Thanks for the ride and meeting invite, unfortunately, I won't be able to make either. Please keep me posted on the trail work dates.