Dirt Hippie

Missing biker-watch for his truck?

A fire Captain from a local dept. went missing Friday after leaving to ride but they are only guessing at which parks he could be riding so look for his truck when you ride ANYWHERE? They have to assume this is the case with the info they have so let's hope for the best.
    It's a white 2000 Chevrolet Silverado pick-up truck license plate number of 6E45308. The bike is a blue and white Kona Nunu.
    Thanks...

Info:
    Palasios was last seen around noon Friday. Ontario police are searching for this missing man.
    The Ontario Police Department is asking for the public's help in finding a man who has been missing since noon Friday. Rogelio Palasios, 43, left home to take a bike ride at either Chino Hills State Park or Claremont Hills Park. It is unclear if he made it to either park.
    He is Latino, 5-feet, 9-inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. Palasios has black hair and brown eyes. He has a surgery scar on his right knee and gun shot wounds scars on his left calf. Palasios was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and black bike shorts.
    Palasios's vehicle is also missing and described as a white 2000 Chevrolet Silverado pick-up truck. The vehicle has a California license plate number of 6E45308. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Ontario Police Department at (909) 395-2001.

EDIT: Sad to report he committed suicide along a jogging trail..prayers go out to his family friends and fire department for their huge loss.
    Last edited by *Sharky*; 03-23-2008 at 10:11 PM.
    INCYCLE

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    That's so sad to hear.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    did this turn up yet

Dirt Hippie
    Unfortunately it ended with him committing suicide. I believe the trail was along Kit Carson Park in Escondido a resident heard a gunshot saturday night but police found nothing then he was found by a jogger the next day. Very very sad. I still see leftover posters put up by his kids looking for him . Let's not be judgemental but seriously if any of you get to that point talk to someone people DO care and want to help!!
    Last edited by *Sharky*; 03-29-2008 at 09:43 PM.
    INCYCLE

i can't type the letter s
    Aw Jeez. That sucks. He has kids? Horrible. Not being judgmental because I do feel for the guy where he felt his life problems were so great that he had to kill himself to escape them, but when you feel that way the only thing that you are concerned with is yourself, no matter how much we rationalize, "It's better for the family if I'm gone."

Suicide is all about you and when you have family you are basically saying they don't matter or "This is bigger than them." Sad, all the way around but especially for his family that is left.

wanna dance?
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Not being judgmental ... when you feel that way the only thing that you are concerned with is yourself, no matter how much we rationalize, "It's better for the family if I'm gone."

Suicide is all about you and when you have family you are basically saying they don't matter or "This is bigger than them." Sad, all the way around but especially for his family that is left.

That was entirely judgemental.

What if his family WAS the reason? Or what if he had contracted a horrific disease? Or what if... yeah, you have no idea.

Why is it that every time someone ends their life, people who don't even know the person suddenly get all preachy and make sweeping generalizations decrying cowardly this and selfish that, and blah blah blah. No one knows the first thing about his situation, and it's none of our business anyway. Show a little respect for the life lived.

Funerals are the worst time to get on the soapbox.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I really hate to hop in on this,because it hits home,I can speak for the kids left behind,because I was one.At the age of 13(me) my mother(single parent) committed suicide and as a kid you do not really understand why,it was not her first attempt,she was actually part of a support group,but her support person my natural father was out of town and could not be reached......so now when I hear about such acts,I understand the person had something that they couldn't face,but that also prevents any help.I'm fine but my sisters had issues and yes I have been affected/touched. OK back to mountainbiking

dat
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBlack
    That was entirely judgemental.

What if his family WAS the reason? Or what if he had contracted a horrific disease? Or what if... yeah, you have no idea.

Why is it that every time someone ends their life, people who don't even know the person suddenly get all preachy and make sweeping generalizations decrying cowardly this and selfish that, and blah blah blah. No one knows the first thing about his situation, and it's none of our business anyway. Show a little respect for the life lived.

Funerals are the worst time to get on the soapbox.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Roger Palacios was my fiances father. Mouse Jockey couldnt be more wrong about the situation. Unfortunately the media loves to twist every story to make it more appealing but there is alot that was not said. If you knew the story, what he did was the most unselfish thing that I have ever seen. I didnt come on here to argue or preach though, but just remember theres always 2 sides to every story.

Ps. The family is doing really good, for those who are religious pray for them to continue to be strong.

Thanks to the guy from Incycle for posting this up, Roger lived off of mountain close to Incycle Chino and he would pop in the shop frequently for most of his riding needs.

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Aw Jeez. That sucks. He has kids? Horrible. Not being judgmental because I do feel for the guy where he felt his life problems were so great that he had to kill himself to escape them, but when you feel that way the only thing that you are concerned with is yourself, no matter how much we rationalize, "It's better for the family if I'm gone."

You are far more right then wrong. You are not judging him as a person, only what he did.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

Dirt Hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelinrider25
    Ps. The family is doing really good, for those who are religious pray for them to continue to be strong.
    Thanks to the guy from Incycle for posting this up, Roger lived off of mountain close to Incycle Chino and he would pop in the shop frequently for most of his riding needs.
    Just wanted to say how hopeful we all were so many of us were looking for him and sorry it ended this way hope family stays positive he was a fine man and contributed greatly his time here. I worked at neighboring Upland Fire Dept. for 4 years didn't know him but wanted to help my friends on the dept. search using my biking contacts to look. My prayers to family, friends and the dept. I know he's missed.

See you on the trails off subject but you're local concider joining SoCalTrailRiders.org we post several local rides.
    I'm a girl but no harm calling me a guy
    Thanks for taking the time to respond on here about Roger.
    Last edited by *Sharky*; 04-05-2008 at 11:28 AM.
    INCYCLE

i can't type the letter s
    I PM'd zepprider to express my condolences and reached out to see if there is anything else I can do. Thanks for you concern Sharky as expressed by posting here. I too am concerned for the family and my prayers do go out to them.

I do want to say that I have experienced the after effects of suicide so my belief is not entirely without basis, but expecting to discuss this from a point of compassion on a mtb board without knowing the intentions and direction of those involved may be too much to expect. Let's just close this down and acknowledge we lost a mtbiker and member of the human race prematurely which is terribly sad.

Peace.