mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Michelob Ultra Fall Classic @ Snow Summit - tough course?

Anyone know anything about this course? I've done two races, 10 and 14 miles each, but am not sure about the course for this race. I would be racing in the "Beginner" class, and they are supposed to go for 18 miles. I've been training regularly (doing short/intense rides 1-2 nights per week and then longer 10+ mile rides on weekends). Combine this with the fact that I live at sea level in San Diego and I'm not sure I would handle the elevation at Snow Summit for this race. Any advice or experience racing in Big Bear/Snow Summit?

jrm
    mtbr member

The courses are challenging

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Pilot
    Anyone know anything about this course? I've done two races, 10 and 14 miles each, but am not sure about the course for this race. I would be racing in the "Beginner" class, and they are supposed to go for 18 miles. I've been training regularly (doing short/intense rides 1-2 nights per week and then longer 10+ mile rides on weekends). Combine this with the fact that I live at sea level in San Diego and I'm not sure I would handle the elevation at Snow Summit for this race. Any advice or experience racing in Big Bear/Snow Summit?
    But for me most of the fun was takin out of it because of the altitude. team big bear uses around 4 different courses over the course of the spring/summer/fall race season. You might check wtih them.