mtbr member

Marian Bear Park/ San Clemente Canyon a problem still?

I'm taking my wife to go ride and explore Marian Bear park on Sunday. We got her a new full suspension bike she is getting used to. I have not been here since I was a kid but I remember it having a bad rep for all the shady homeless people and homos soliciting sex in the parking lot.

Is this place still like that today?

mtbr member
    I"ve only been there during the daylight hours, but I like that park for the easy trails. It's a great place for her to learn how to ride.

As far as the homos and bums, I've seen a few men just sitting around their cars, but I've never been approached or felt uneasy about them being there. I think that they recognize that you are there to ride or hike and that you are not into their game.
    Get out there and Have fun!

Beer Please!
    I think gay guys still sneak off into the bushes from time to time, but I have not seen a homeless person shacked up out there ever. Tons of families seem to be out there on the weekends and afternoons. Should be a great place to get your wife started, plenty of fireroad.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I ride there regularly and have never encountered any issues. I will say that right now the creek is very high and the usual crossing are impassable. Luckily there are some trails that skirt the creek, but they aren't always obvious.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockenreno
    I ride there regularly and have never encountered any issues. I will say that right now the creek is very high and the usual crossing are impassable. Luckily there are some trails that skirt the creek, but they aren't always obvious.
    I made it, but my buddy did not.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAs7X6z8EYI
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    It was a cool little trail to bring my wife on. I noticed a few trail paths that ventured off the main path I want to check out next time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The side trails are what make it all worthwhile! They are mostly quick out and backs that do a little climbing and let you enjoy a nice descent on the return.