Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mammoth Opening day weekend - Is it worth the drive from SD?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Salespunk 
#1 ·
Mammoth bike park is opening this weekend, well at least the lower mountain is. They will be running shuttles from the village and according to their site approx. 9-10 trails will be open. Is it worth the drive from SD? Does anyone know what trails will be open this weekend and if they are at all worth the drive? Thanks!

#4 ·
I didn't see much on the facebook page. Have they listed what trails are going to be open?

I've never ridden Mammoth but frequent Northstar and I'm looking for something comparable in difficulty to Gypsy and Livewire. Any insight it appreciated...thanks!

#6 ·
Just spent the last 3 days riding XC/AM, plus skiing, fishing, hiking with the kids and a few road rides. Like it was said above it depends what you are looking for, but I had a blast riding my Sultan around. The trails mentioned by perfectzero look about right to me based on what I saw being worked on.

#7 ·
Shotgun and lower Bullit will give you Gypsy feel but you'll have to pedal quite some to get there.
Lower Pipeline would do for Livewire. It was polished just before the season close last year.

Should be perfect few weeks after opening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.