Over the Hill

Mammoth Mountain

Does anyone know what the selling of Mammoth Ski Resort to, Starwood Capital Group Global, L.L.C., means to the bike park. I missed it but the sale was announced on Oct. 4th. I read they plan to devolp more commerical and residential properties, but can not find any info on thier plans for Mammoth Bike Park.

Article in todays (Nov 1st) LA Times Outdoor section. I would post a link but it is a register to view site. Lots of info if you Google Starwood Capitol Group

mtbr member

Don't know but...

Have you checked out the Mammoth Mountain forums? http://forums.mammothmountain.com/fo....cfm?forumid=1
    I know there has been lots of discussion amoung the regulars... I haven't followed
    it for awhile, but I hope they keep the bike park open.

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by rodel
    . I haven't followed
    it for awhile, but I hope they keep the bike park open.
    I share your hope. Its either that or stay closed for 1/2 the year. I don't always understand the business folks, but I would have to think that it would be more profitable to keep it open. The only way that I could see it not being profitable is if the lawyers are too involved (liability, insurance, etc). The infrastructure is all there.
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......