Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mammoth July 4th?

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  PerfectZero 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about driving up on the 3rd, biking and fireworks on the 4th, more biking on the 5th and driving home on the 6th ( I have to work on the 7th). I'm eyeballing camping out all 3 nights.

Sorry for the double thread, I live in the middle of nowhere Lompoc and not to many people that I know of around here in the Lompoc/Santa Maria area who are into the ski mountain thing

#2 ·
-This year you should be OK. In years past they would offer nothing better than a lazer show due to the forest fire threat. You should have a nice selection of trails, not to mention Lower rock creek which for my old arse is the best trail available trail in the erea.

#8 ·
I'm heading up Saturday morning for the week. If you do the fireworks show at Crowley, get there early as it gets packed. We park along the road adjacent to the highway. You can't miss it as everyone does it. It is quite a show too. In the morning, they shut down a couple of the streets for the parade and have a 1 mile foot race from Snowcreek Golf Course to Footloose. These guys are fast, even in altitude. Looking forward to it!!!

#12 ·
i'll be there as well. riding with a buddy on july 4 on our trail bikes, then on my own july 5th to 7th on my dh bike. I'll be the loner going down TZ and CS with an 08 Giant Glory DH in blue/white. say hello if you see 'that guy'. i usually arrive to mammoth on my own, and leave having met and rode with a good handful of shredders i'd gladly ride with any day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.