Thread: lower brown?

mtbr member

lower brown?

just wondering if anybody has hit the lower brown singletrack at jpl lately since all the rain? any feedback on trail conditions would be appriciated....

cask conditioned
    Which one is 'Lower Brown?' I've never heard of it.
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

mtbr member

lower brown mtn loop

sorry, its known as the lower brown mtn loop...you take the lower brown fireroad up to the fork and go right down to the el prieto trailhead. that takes you back to jpl

Lindsay

Typical socal response

moron.

a.k.a. MTBMaven

Ok D!ck

WTF is that all about?

a.k.a. MTBMaven

It's Okay

I rode from the gate at Sunset Ride down to Millard Campground, then rode El Priedo, and Lower Brown Loop back to my car. El Prideo is rideable. There are several small slide and one tree significatly blocking the trail at a switchback. Best to cut straight down the hill at the downed tree to reconnect to the trail. All in all El Priedo is 90-95% ridable. Most of the stream cossing are not rideable and pretty full of water compared to normal conditions.

Lower Brown is totally fine. The trail is a bit rockier than before all the rain but not an issue. I did notice some HUGE ruts past the three way interection heading back to Millard Campground. I looked in one that appeared to be 3 feet deep. Wondered in I needed my crevasse rescue equipment.

For all those concered about my lack of respect for the trails so soon after the rain let me reassure you that no trail was damaged in my selfish act of pleasure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

El Prieto Update

[QUOTE=mtnfiend]I rode from the gate at Sunset Ride down to Millard Campground, then rode El Priedo, and Lower Brown Loop back to my car. El Prideo is rideable. There are several small slide and one tree significatly blocking the trail at a switchback. Best to cut straight down the hill at the downed tree to reconnect to the trail. All in all El Priedo is 90-95% ridable. Most of the stream cossing are not rideable and pretty full of water compared to normal conditions.QUOTE]

El Prieto is a mess! I rode it last night and there are numerous land slides and sections of trail missing due to fast moving water that is still flowing strong! The trail has new character although it can be a bit more dangerous for some. I enjoyed the water crossings and found most of them cleanable. It's the land slides that disrupt the flow. About that fallen tree, it should be removed shortly. Remember going straight at that switchback is an illegal trail. Once the tree is removed we've got to set up a barricade so that the uninformed and yahoos with no skills don't ruin the quality of the ride as well as trail access for everyone.