Thread: Lost & Found

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Lost & Found

Saturday.

I started my climb saturday with Jimena Florit. Jimena is back training for her return to Pro women XC racing. I pity her competition.

I received a call from Rodman saying he was running late. So, I told Jimena that I would climb with her to the top of Extra Credit. She let me go ahead in the trialsy,chunky sections. But, once things mellowed, she checked out. I made the mistake of trying to hang on to her and I thought I was going to throw up at the top of our climb.

W said goodbye and she continued on. I looped around back to the lower trailhead to meet up with Rodman. While coming down "Whore" I decided to hit this gap jump that I've been eyeing for about 3 years.

Back at the lower trailhead, we met Gustavo, who's from Venezuela. He had never ridden Noble before and was looking for a tourguide.

Later in the day, towards the end of the ride. I opened my Camelbak to take a few more pictures and discovered to my horror, that my camera was gone!

I decided to make a bee line down to my car and drive back up top to see if I could find it. I had flatted twice during the ride, so I speculated that maybe it had fallen out while repairing the flats.

With daylight quickly waning, I drove back up to the last road crossing, parked and quickly grabbed my bike out of the car and rode down a 1/4 mile to the area of my second flat. I searched the area for 5 minutes and found nothing. Back up I pedaled, and with it almost dark, I made it to the intersection of Indian Creek and Noble. We had stopped there briefly to rest after our climb. Perhaps it had fallen out there. I looked around and saw nothing.

Bummed and pissed off, and with daylight now gone, I packed up and drove home.

Rodman, suggested that I get up early and drive up to the Pioneer Mail trailhead. Coming in from Pioneer Mail, at the top, would save me about 3 hours of climbing. Either it was at Champagne Pass, or it was on "Pinball" where I flatted the first time. I had to get up there early because if there were any early climbers or hikers, and it was laying there, I would be SOL.

So, yesterday, I get up to Pioneer Mail trailhead at about 730 and quickly set off. It was ccccold, about 30 degrees. I made it over to Champagne Pass in about 25 minutes and there was my camera! It was right at the base of the trail sign. YES!!!

I then carefully packed it away and headed down Pinball over to Noble. It was a good thing I didn't leave it on Pinball where I frst flatted, as it was next to impossible to determine exacly where the spot was. I was extremely relieved to find that camera.

I ended up riding all the way down Noble and hooking up with some people.

I cashed in some major Karma points this weekend!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 12-19-2005 at 07:22 AM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Nice!

I am sure no one would have beleived you about making the gap jump.

Just another FOCer
    Now you know how the rest of us mortals feel trying to keep up with you Aquaman!

Great story, glad you recovered your camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    But, once things mellowed, she checked out. I made the mistake of trying to hang on to her and I thought I was going to throw up at the top of our climb.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

Glad to Be Alive
    congrats to you Karma colletor
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Sunday's Pics

After I found my camera...I decided celebrate with another round of Noble. I hooked up with Charlie(Proprietor of Cal Caost Bicycles) and his posse.

Here's few from sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just another FOCer
    Nice, I dig the picture of the broken chain. Almost looks like the rider is too tired to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    After I found my camera...I decided celebrate with another round of Noble. I hooked up with Charlie(Proprietor of Cal Caost Bicycles) and his posse.

Here's few from sunday.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

Just another Homer

Major Karma

Good things happen to good people.

Hey, Can't you guys down there do some trail maintenance and get some of those rocks out of the trail? When I finally make it down there I don't want to have to ride around all that junk.

Nice gap jump.But I'll stay firmly planted on terra firma, thank you.

Oh yeah, name dropper.lol
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Phffffffffffffffffffffffft

Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak

When I finally make it down there I don't want to have to ride around all that junk.

GMAFB.
    How long have you been threatening to come down and ride Noble?