dft
    mtbr member

Los Pinos condition?

anyone ridden this lately? is it a total bushwack or cleared somewhat?
    i'd like to hit it again, its got some great longass down sections if not totally overgrown.

Just another FOCer
    The Warrior's Society will be brushing it on the 19th:

The Warrior’s Society Dog Soldiers, led by Ned “Lone Wolf” Reynolds, will be brushing the Los Pinos Trail, one of the most challenging backcountry trails in the Trabuco District.

When: Saturday November 19th.

Where: Meet @ the San Juan Parking lot @ 7am. This is going to be a long day so we need to start early.

Game Plan: Split up into two crews. One crew will shuttle to the top and work down. The other crew will work from the Bottom. If anyone can’t make the 7am start time then they can start from the bottom. I will supply the loppers and power tools.

Special Notes: This trail is overgrown, even by Los Pinos standards. I and others would like to shape this trail up prior to the long Thanksgiving/Turkey Burn Weekend.

Why: Because it’s one of the best & toughest Trails in the Cleveland National Forest and currently it’s beyond overgrown.

What to bring: Bring enough water and food for a 7 hour day. I suggest long pants and long sleeve shirt. We’ll provide the tools including some power tools.

Notes: If you have never done Los Pinos, on your Bike, this would be a perfect time to come out and see for yourself one of OCs best and toughest trails.

Please reply to Ned Reynolds at elr1@sbcglobal.net if you can help

Quote Originally Posted by dft
    anyone ridden this lately? is it a total bushwack or cleared somewhat?
    i'd like to hit it again, its got some great longass down sections if not totally overgrown.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

OMR - Old Man Riding

No good Totally overgrown

The trail is totally overgrown right now... you're asking for lots of grief if you ride it before the Warriors do their trail work on the 19th of this month. Don't say you weren't warned....

Just another FOCer

Los Pinos update

Thanks to the Warrior's Society, Los Pinos is now in great shape.

Ride recap and video available in my Passion post.

"I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Thanks to the Warrior's Society, Los Pinos is now in great shape.

Ride recap and video available in my Passion post.

yes we rode it friday, it is in great shape! hats off tow the warrior society. they might be bushwacking coldwater sat dec 10th, they need people, let them know if your willing to help.

Just another Homer

When........

you guys rode this, Did you start at the San Juan trailhead and ride up from there? I did that about 3 years ago, with Los Pinos taking a lot of blood from my legs due to the iron bushes lining the trail. I'm thinking of hitting it again,but I'm might skip some of the climb.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    you guys rode this, Did you start at the San Juan trailhead and ride up from there? I did that about 3 years ago, with Los Pinos taking a lot of blood from my legs due to the iron bushes lining the trail. I'm thinking of hitting it again,but I'm might skip some of the climb.
    its my kind of ride, epic, somewhat remote and has looong sections of downhill.
    i highly suggest some leg pads and covering for the upper body. we cranked up from san juan, 5k of climbing with a 42 pound rig! with body covering its in great shape.