Gotta pay to play

Good job! Looks like a pump track will be built in Fillmore.

Fillmore Pump Track is on Course | The Fillmore Gazette

Probably a bit out of the way for most of you. But if you are in the Conejo Valley, Ventura, or Valencia area- would probably be worth heading out there once it is built to get some skills.

They were talking about putting in a bike part in Thousand Oaks at the Lang Ranch site. I even went to a few of the Parks and Rec meetings and am on the mailing list for info- hasn't been an update in a year so I am guessing it got kaboshed.

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    Good to see that happening. The city of Morro Bay approved the planning of a Bike Park up here in Morro Bay just a few weeks ago. That's a major hurdle to overcome in this day and age.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelscott View Post
    ...They were talking about putting in a bike part in Thousand Oaks at the Lang Ranch site. I even went to a few of the Parks and Rec meetings and am on the mailing list for info- hasn't been an update in a year so I am guessing it got kaboshed.
    The pending pump track in Fillmore is great news and the T.O. project is still alive, though not as close to realization as Fillmore. I ran into Mark Langton last month and received a brief update. When I hear more I will let you know.
    Never give up, never surrender.

29er for the Soul
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
    The pending pump track in Fillmore is great news and the T.O. project is still alive, though not as close to realization as Fillmore. I ran into Mark Langton last month and received a brief update. When I hear more I will let you know.
    Please post any new information on the T.O. project in another thread.

Thanks
    So Cal Rod

mtbr member
    RE: Lang Ranch, it's a go. look at CORBA's site for updates

RE: Fillmore Pump Track- Though the city of Fillmore is highly supportive (approved by the Parks Commission and the City Council), there is zero money available. The city has established a trust fund (tax deductible donations accepted), is providing the space at Two Rivers Park, water needed and complete support, but not much else.

The city does require a professionally designed and built pump track to meet liability requirements. This costs money, as does equipment and materials. There is an ongoing effort to raise funds and seek donations in the way of materials and equipment. There seems to be enough interest in Fillmore and nearby that there should be enough volunteers when it comes time to dig.

If you wish to become involved (help is welcomed), you can contact CORBA. If you wish to help by opening your wallet or if you have services (equipment/landscaping/dirt) that you wish to donate, you can contact Fillmore City Hall @ 805-524-1500

Look to Memorial Day weekend for a possible "ribbon cutting", but it's possible it could be completed before then.

mtbr member
    Oh... and there may be more coming to the Fillmore-adjacent area. Just a teaser. Stay tuned.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hetsekr View Post
    The city does require a professionally designed and built pump track to meet liability requirements. This costs money..
    Hope Fillmore does it right, a lot of kids felt left out when the Moorpark skate park went in

Gotta pay to play
    CORBA's site doesn't really have any news on it - could you link the article?

I'm going to help dig. I've been interested in crafting pump tracks for a long time but don't have the land to try my hand at building one. Should be a good learning experience and help build some great bonds among the Conjeo Valley biking community.

mtbr member
    Things are moving along in Fillmore. The Conceptual Plan is waiting approval from the city. Funds need to be raised. If you're so inclined, tax deductible donations can be made to the city of Fillmore, Pump Track Trust Fund. 805-524-1500.

Ride Heritage Valley (RHV) is the newly formed group behind the PTrack with help from CORBA. There will soon be a RHV website. However, if you want to get involved or have services/materials you want to donate, you can contact RHV on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ride-H...65219333505934 or via email at rideheritagevalley@gmail.com

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Things are moving along in Fillmore. The Conceptual Plan is waiting approval from the city. Funds need to be raised. If you're so inclined, tax deductible donations can be made to the city of Fillmore, Pump Track Trust Fund. 805-524-1500.

Ride Heritage Valley (RHV) is the newly formed group behind the PTrack with help from CORBA. There will soon be a RHV website. However, if you want to get involved or have services/materials you want to donate, you can contact RHV on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ride-H...65219333505934 or via email at rideheritagevalley@gmail.com
    This is fantastic. Begs the question, any realistic or even far-fetched plans to create some legal trails in the valley?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duderidesabike View Post
    This is fantastic. Begs the question, any realistic or even far-fetched plans to create some legal trails in the valley?
    The short answer is YES. A second project that RHV is working on (under the umbrella and with assistance from CORBA is the creation of a
    bike-centric trail system in the area.

This project is actually why RHV first came to be and has been in the works for over a year. If successful, it will only be a small trail system but will be designed to give riders of all abilities an "out-sized" experience. It'll be designed to be a destination worth going to.

There is good support from the land managers on this, but it's something new, so the wheels are turning slowly. Though the trail system will be relatively small, we are hoping it will become a gateway to other opportunities.

If you have Facebook, "like" the RHV-Ride Heritage Valley page to updates on their projects or better yet, contact them to become involved.

mtbr member
    In need of a lead/help

The pump track(s) project in Fillmore is getting there. We have a builder, a design and approval from both the Parks Commission and the City Planner. However, we have a bit of a hick-up that's keeping us from moving forward.

We have about 130 pieces of large concrete pipe that is on site and needs to be moved about 1/4 mile to another city lot. We figure we need at least two class 7 (rough terrain) fork lifts and a trailered flatbed to get it done.

Ideally, we'd like to get a concrete pipe company or contractor familiar with concrete pipe to move it for us.

Does anyone know of a civic minded company that might be willing to move this pipe out of the goodness of their heart (and a tax write off) or a hook-up for a deal on rental equipment. Certainly prefer somebody with experience with concrete pipe as some of it is pretty big and it's all heavy. We'll be incorporating some of the pipe into the design so not all has to be moved.

We'd be grateful for any leads, Thanks!

More info could be had here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ride-...65219333505934

Gotta pay to play
    Have you reached out to Edison or the Ventura County department of Water & Sanitation? I'm sure one of those groups has the equipment and would love to help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    In need of a lead/help

The pump track(s) project in Fillmore is getting there. We have a builder, a design and approval from both the Parks Commission and the City Planner. However, we have a bit of a hick-up that's keeping us from moving forward.

We have about 130 pieces of large concrete pipe that is on site and needs to be moved about 1/4 mile to another city lot. We figure we need at least two class 7 (rough terrain) fork lifts and a trailered flatbed to get it done.

Ideally, we'd like to get a concrete pipe company or contractor familiar with concrete pipe to move it for us.

Does anyone know of a civic minded company that might be willing to move this pipe out of the goodness of their heart (and a tax write off) or a hook-up for a deal on rental equipment. Certainly prefer somebody with experience with concrete pipe as some of it is pretty big and it's all heavy. We'll be incorporating some of the pipe into the design so not all has to be moved.

We'd be grateful for any leads, Thanks!

More info could be had here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ride-...65219333505934

Sounds like a potentially awesome project. Best of luck with it!
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Update:

Things are starting to move a little quicker in Fillmore. With any luck, you'll be getting your pump on by Memorial day. That being said, either funds or materials are still needed, specifically, treated and/or composite wood, concrete mix and hardware are needed for the "features".

The Fillmore ptrack will now be a mini bike park. Skills areas, jump lines, perimeter trail, trials area and two pump tracks are what you have to look forward to.

You know you're gonna ride it. Please help support it. Get involved. Projects like this don't happen without support.

Find "Ride Heritage Valley" on Facebook and Twitter for updates and info.

Donate either through the city of Fillmore (bike park trust fund) 805-524-1500 or through CORBA (please specify Fillmore Bike Park.

mtbr member
    I hope we have some diggers out there. The time to build will be upon us very soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    We are moving right along, and really need some diggers, and could use some equipment. The more help we get, the sooner you can all ride it!

Gotta pay to play
    I can help for a few hours on the weekend. They never post digging information on Facebook- who do I need to contact?

mtbr member
    i can help but somebody needs to set a time and date. like michaelscott says, the facebook page doesn't have anything about the bike park, it's hard to volunteer when there's no firm date for volunteering. Do you have a project manager for the bike park?
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    The Fillmore Bike Park has a slight disadvantage as it's relying on services and materials provided gratis. Those businesses such as MG Taylor, Bellfree Contractors and Grimes Rock are dedicated to helping the project, however, they are businesses and, understandably, must prioritize paying jobs first. This makes it a little tough to pin down a build date. Which in turn makes it a bit hard to give notice.

We are trying to fix that and get all the "ducks lined up", as it were. Hopefully, we'll get the key figures together sometime soon so all you anxious diggers know when to show.

The Ride Heritage Valley FB page is still the best resource right now for updates. It may not seem like it, but things are rolling along. If you have specific questions or want to notified via email then send via rideheritagevalley@gmail.com

Gotta pay to play
    Thanks for the update.

mtbr member
    We're still in need of funding for the Fillmore Bike Park. You can still donate at the city of Fillmore 805-524-1500, 250 Central Ave, Fillmore CA 93015

But now you can donate online also, either through CORBA CORBA: The Concerned Off Road Bicyclists Association

or through our new crowd funding site.

Fillmore Bike Park by Dave Brien - GoFundMe

If donating through CORBA or the City of Fillmore, please specify "Fillmore Bike Park Fund"

Thanks, and please spread the word.