mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Looking for some technical trials to film DH on

I live in the Southern California [L.A.] and I am currently working on a mountain bike video.I need some great trails to film.Steep nasty and technical.I have shot in Colorado, New Mexico and Utah but for the winter months I need to be here.So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.I did find some great stuff in Laguna but more would be nice.Thanks R.B.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Tunnel in Santa Barbara, Suicide, or Upper Sunset in the San Gabriels are pretty "nice".

MolarM
    Jan 2006
    How about "Goat Trail" in Santiago Oaks?
    MolarM

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Great! How do I get there? Is this on any maps?Thanks, R.B.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    We're riding a trail on Sunday.... that's a good one.
    Last edited by Kanga; 12-14-2007 at 03:55 AM.
    http://www.bioniconusa.com - Bionicon USA
    http://otbmbc.com - Over the Bars MTB Club
    http://corbamtb.com - CORBA

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanga
    We're riding a trail on Sunday.... that's a good one.
    frickin noobs.......DON"T POST ILLEGAL TRAIL NAMES ON THE INTERNET
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Single(Pivot)and Happy

Thanks Mo, Ser, and Kanga,

Also, I need your addresses, your schedules, do you own dogs, and if your house is protected with some kind of alarm, which alarm company.I will feature you in my video and you will be stars.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by molarm
    How about "Goat Trail" in Santiago Oaks?

Goat trail is no more, thanks to the lovely park rangers.
    nothing witty here...

Single(Pivot)and Happy

I'm not familiar

with the trail you mentioned that is "NO MORE" but I am familiar with trails that are "NO MORE" and the reason they are NO MORE is due to STUPID, FRICKEN, IDIOTS, not Park Rangers!
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Just curious, are you implying that I'm a stupid fricking idiot? Maybe you should do a little research on why the trail was closed along with other trails in this park before you start throwing around insults...

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...s-meeting.html
    nothing witty here...

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bncproductions
    Great! How do I get there? Is this on any maps?Thanks, R.B.

Sounds like you need to hire someone for doing your research on set locations. Don't forget filing your fees when riding on National Forests and National Parks, as well as State Parks or conservancy areas.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Single(Pivot)and Happy

2w4s

First of all,to answer your first question, no, I'm not implying, nor do I have any reason to believe that you are a stupid, fricken idiot. Second, I did not address anybody who posted in this thread as a stupid, fricken idiot. You posted that a trail you know of was closed down due to Park Rangers. I posted that I was not familiar with the trail you mention, but that I am familiar with trails that have been closed down due to STUPID,FRICKEN ,IDIOTS.
    As for your second statement, since I stated that I was not familiar with the trail you mentioned, and that I did not make ANY comments about this trail, nor did I "Throw around insults", I'm confused.

mtbr member
    please, please, please do not come film Tunnel Trail. Riding it is fine, filming it is just adding fuel to the fire that is burning already up here. Plus it is played out, I think everyone knows what it looks like to ride tunnel well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    oops...sorry guys. i thought these trails were widely known in the socal forum. this was not the first time those trail names have been mentioned in this forum. my bad.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Hero
    please, please, please do not come film Tunnel Trail. Riding it is fine, filming it is just adding fuel to the fire that is burning already up here. Plus it is played out, I think everyone knows what it looks like to ride tunnel well.
    Same with most of the good trails in So Cal that are legal enough to be mentioned on here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot
    First of all,to answer your first question, no, I'm not implying, nor do I have any reason to believe that you are a stupid, fricken idiot. Second, I did not address anybody who posted in this thread as a stupid, fricken idiot. You posted that a trail you know of was closed down due to Park Rangers. I posted that I was not familiar with the trail you mention, but that I am familiar with trails that have been closed down due to STUPID,FRICKEN ,IDIOTS.
    As for your second statement, since I stated that I was not familiar with the trail you mentioned, and that I did not make ANY comments about this trail, nor did I "Throw around insults", I'm confused.
    Sorry I guess I misunderstood because you referenced my comment in your reply.

Unfortunately, Goat Trail and Bobcat were legally signed trails that were closed with without any discretion, simply the rangers put up fences around trails that had been open and legal for years. If you've ever been to Oaks and met the Rangers you'd know what I meant by sarcastically calling them 'lovely', as they really are jerks to ALL mtn. bikers for no apparent reason.

I just got in a great ride with some fun people so I'm back to feeling invulnerable again.
    nothing witty here...

MolarM
    Jan 2006
    I haven't been up there in a little while, didn't know Goat was closed.
    MolarM

Single(Pivot)and Happy

2w4s

Thanks for the link in your post. I checked it out, and your situation up there certainly sucks. I'd get upset if the authorities who have control of a public area are not answering truthfully simple questions that I may have.
    And hey bro, you don't owe me an apology. I made a statement, you asked me a question, I answered your question. Sounds like we're on the same trail.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot
    Also, I need your addresses, your schedules, do you own dogs, and if your house is protected with some kind of alarm, which alarm company.I will feature you in my video and you will be stars.
    exactly......frick frick frick
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Suicide is not a secret trail and may even be legal.

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member

Wow I love posts like this thread!

Shiver you crack me up!
    BNC Call me I have some pretty cool stuff you could film on that is all legal.
    Jason
    (951) 294-7191
    SOCAL'S #1 ENDURANCE MTB EXPERIENCE
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    exactly......frick frick frick
    I can't imagine 30,000 posts. Veracity is not your strong suit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Downhill

Quote Originally Posted by bncproductions
    I live in the Southern California [L.A.] and I am currently working on a mountain bike video.I need some great trails to film.Steep nasty and technical.I have shot in Colorado, New Mexico and Utah but for the winter months I need to be here.So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.I did find some great stuff in Laguna but more would be nice.Thanks R.B.

You should checkout the DH race course at Southridge Park in Fontana....about 40 min. East of Los Angeles.