mtbr member

Looking for some riding partners!!!

Hi guys. I just joined the forum, and I have to say it seems to be a very informative place with lots of nice individuals contributing to the sport/hobby of mountain biking.

Anyway as the thread title suggests Iím looking for riding partners in the Southern California area. To be quite honest Iím probably still a novice rider with basic abilities, but I can clear small jumps and go relatively fast downhill as long as there isnít any jaw dropping jumps and/or drops. Iím willing to learn, Iíve got most of the gear, and Iím not the type of person to give up easily.

So if anyoneís interested get in touch, and Iíll see what we can arrange
    Cheers, Ruben.

Hereís a few photoís of my previous rides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for some riding partners!!!-gt.jpg  

Looking for some riding partners!!!-gt2.jpg  

mtbr member
    hey where in SoCal, my friends are working / away right now, and im about to go up to Santa Monica for a ride, where do you ride?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hey Roman,

I do rides with a few others who vary in skill level from women's pro to complete male novice. We ride every Wednesday at 5:30 at Cherry Canyon. Ability to make it depends on where you work I guess, but I also do weekend rides in PV, Santa Monica mountains and the occasional Wood Canyon (Orange County). Let me know if you're interested in any.

-M

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies guys. Romanl I sent you an email, and mmcverry thank you also I'll hold on to that info.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    if your in the san diego area I have a small group that is always looking for company...were more into getting in shape so we can hit harder spots than jumping but we get a bit of fast down hilling in too..

mtbr member
    Thanks Nutz, I live in Reseda so if I ever decide to make the trip to SD for some riding I'll contact you.

b a n n e d
    Add my name to the list of interested peeps in joining new rides. I'm building my climbing lungs still so the ascents are still pretty brutal for me.

I live in Westwood and have been primarily riding in the Santa Monica's . . . .

R.I.P. DogFriend
    If you'd like to slide over the hill to the Santa Clarita area, we have some nice trails out here. I ride more days than I don't and we can do night rides if that is more convenient. Send me a message if you're interested.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    If you'd like to slide over the hill to the Santa Clarita area, we have some nice trails out here. I ride more days than I don't and we can do night rides if that is more convenient. Send me a message if you're interested.
    I'm up for a weekend ride for sure. I was just in Santa Clarita yesterday actually . . .

mtbr member
    007 I sent you a message, and jeffj I'll save your info and get in touch for a possible future ride up in Santa Clarita. Thanks once again.

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    Welcome to the forum ruben!

Hey Nutz! Where do you guys ride in SD? I'm new to the sport and also looking to get into better shape and build my skills...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Welcome to SoCal and the climbing that is associated with any fun you want to have . Not sure if you know yet, but this site has a ton of great info to get you started. It has a majority of the most popular LEGAL trails around so enjoy! My personal favorite is Anderson Truck Trail, from World Cup down. You should check it out, just go at your own pace, there is a lot of stuff that is easily doable for you and I'm sure, since you are just starting, a lot that is over your head. Just talk to people on the trails to figure out fun rides and hidden stuff.

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/

not so 1337 mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    LOL ride/hike a bike up Anderson... probably after that youd wanna shuttle to the top. Also make the 1sft left for the trail instead of the one across from the propane tank. The way down that my friend and i came across from propane tank was insane. Loooose dirt and walked down it. Oh my!

mtbr member
    I've been riding with the Over the Bars Mountain Bike Club for the last six years and it's a great group of guys and some strong riders who like to help riders improve while having a good time. We do Tuesday/Thursday rides in the area from Altadena to the Northwest valley with longer weekend rides into other areas. Check out the ride calendar at http://www.otbmbc.com

mtbr member

Check out topangacreekbicycles.com

Topanga Creek Bicycle Shop Saturday Ride!
    Trippet Ranch/Topanga Park Thursday Nights!
    We got a decent amount of folks turning out lately. Everyone is welcome to come along. We usually head out at 8am saturday, and 8pm thursday.

FYI, I DO NOT work for TCB. They are just my favorite LBS. Very cool, down to earth guys.

mtbr member
    Riding in from Wildomar THE FARM.. Trails from the old Paradise Ranch..