Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 207
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247

    Looking for fellow fat bikers in the San Diego area

    trying to schedule a ride with other fatbikes in the san diego area.. i mostly ride los penasquitos, lake hodges and daley ranch.. elfin forest is ok as well if you don't mind the climbs.. let me know.. i can ride weekends..




    EDIT:
    Please note that I have merged all three Fat Bike threads into this one. Please refrain from continuing any of the backbiting and personal attacks that happened in the first thread, we can all get along.

    - Klurejr
    Last edited by Klurejr; 01-12-2015 at 03:42 PM. Reason: three threads on same topic merged to one

  2. #2
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    22,054
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or View Post
    trying to schedule a ride with other fatbikes in the san diego area.. i mostly ride los penasquitos, lake hodges and daley ranch.. elfin forest is ok as well if you don't mind the climbs.. let me know.. i can ride weekends..
    And why do tell do you need a PHat bike in the San Diego area? Unless you are riding through the sand on the beach.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,817
    I rode a fat bike in San Diego once...I climbed up a trail on DMM that it turned didn't exist. That's the only time I ever hallucinated a trail before, and I blame it all on that fat bike!

    So DJ, you don't really need a fat bike here, but they do exist here. Go figger.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    And why do tell do you need a PHat bike in the San Diego area? Unless you are riding through the sand on the beach.
    i ride it on the trails.. beach and everything in between.. what rock did you crawl from under... haven't you heard, fatbikes are not just for snow.. especially with bluto

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    And why do tell do you need a PHat bike in the San Diego area? Unless you are riding through the sand on the beach.
    fatbikes on the trails? ridiculous..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJG6XmSYLNw

  6. #6
    most memberable
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    544
    I say Phat bikes for Phat heads!

    ...and, just bc you can, doesn't mean you should!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by RTSO2112 View Post
    I say Phat bikes for Phat heads!

    ...and, just bc you can, doesn't mean you should!
    and just because you can't afford one, you don't have to be an a**hole about it

  8. #8
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    22,054
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or View Post
    i ride it on the trails.. beach and everything in between.. what rock did you crawl from under... haven't you heard, fatbikes are not just for snow.. especially with bluto
    Wow dude chill out, I asked a simple question. I have nothing against riding a PHat bike around normal trails or city streets. It's just not an essential bike to have in the SD area. Unless you ride the sandy beach or the snow covered trails in the Laguna's. All I ask is please be careful with your next trail ride I may be lurking under a rock. Please don't take my head off.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Wow dude chill out, I asked a simple question. I have nothing against riding a PHat bike around normal trails or city streets. It's just not an essential bike to have in the SD area. Unless you ride the sandy beach or the snow covered trails in the Laguna's. All I ask is please be careful with your next trail ride I may be lurking under a rock. Please don't take my head off.
    you asked me to "do tell".. obviously you haven't ridden one on the trails before.. how can you even suggest it's not an essential bike to have here, "mr. know it all".. i posted so i can have some fun with other fatbike riders here, and there are a couple.. so unless you are just trolling here trying to add up on your post count, i suggest you crawl back under that rock and STAY THERE!!!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by RTSO2112 View Post
    I say Phat bikes for Phat heads!

    ...and, just bc you can, doesn't mean you should!
    here's one just for you dum@ss

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANMvix_NLKc

  11. #11
    most memberable
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Wow dude chill out, I asked a simple question. I have nothing against riding a PHat bike around normal trails or city streets. It's just not an essential bike to have in the SD area. Unless you ride the sandy beach or the snow covered trails in the Laguna's. All I ask is please be careful with your next trail ride I may be lurking under a rock. Please don't take my head off.
    Good luck with this one, DJ...he's all yours!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by RTSO2112 View Post
    Good luck with this one, DJ...he's all yours!
    yeah little boy.. run along and play with your dolls!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    548
    i don't own a fat bike, probably won't ever but they do interest me. If i had the money i would add one to my arsenal. They look fun! I've seen them riding around Daley Ranch many times before and the guy looks like he is having a blast. Another way to make the same trail feel way different i guess.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmattjohnson View Post
    i don't own a fat bike, probably won't ever but they do interest me. If i had the money i would add one to my arsenal. They look fun! I've seen them riding around Daley Ranch many times before and the guy looks like he is having a blast. Another way to make the same trail feel way different i guess.
    they are indeed fun.. you won't win races with them ( unless you spend some serious cash for 20 lbs. fatbikes ).. i have ridden my fatboy in laguna mountains as well.. going down los gatos ravine and noble canyon was a blast (no snow).. they climb like a goat.. i rode "sage" in daley from parking lot to water tower.. and let me tell you, that is a workout with this bike.. but i'll climb if the downhill is fun.. "bluto" is a game changer.. my fs is just gathering dust.. if you see a yellow fatboy on the trails,
    i'd be more than happy for you to try my bike

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2w4s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,016
    fatbikes are the new fatchick, you can do it but do you want anybody to see you doing it??
    nothing witty here...

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmattjohnson View Post
    Another way to make the same trail feel way different i guess.
    that is true.. going back to the creek in lake hodges from the lock out point, there is no "line" i cannot take.. i go over those rocks in the middle of the trails downhill like nothing.. always looking forward to that part of the trail going back to the bridge..

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post
    fatbikes are the new fatchick, you can do it but do you want anybody to see you doing it??
    lol

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post
    fatbikes are the new fatchick, you can do it but do you want anybody to see you doing it??
    don't really understand your analogy here.. not ashamed of riding my fatbike if that is what your'e getting at.. if anything, i get lots of thumbs up from other riders and hikers.. always happy to stop and answer any questions and criticisms.. it's the ignorant ones that tell me " why are you bringing a tank in the trails?".. they lift it (30 lbs) and their jaw drops, they always think the bike is heavy.. in the end, i ride away with a big smile on my face.. on every ride i take..

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    anyway, going back to my original post, any fatbike owners, pm me if you want to ride

  20. #20
    Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,753
    Are you prejudiced against non-fatbike owners?
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Are you prejudiced against non-fatbike owners?
    geez.. i posted to ride with other fatbikes.. has nothing to do with other riders..

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or View Post
    that is true.. going back to the creek in lake hodges from the lock out point, there is no "line" i cannot take.. i go over those rocks in the middle of the trails downhill like nothing.. always looking forward to that part of the trail going back to the bridge..
    yeah that is my favorite part of my ride of hodges on my trance 3 27.5. My bike can take pretty much any of the rocks but i couldn't imagine how smooth the rollover is with the fat bike with the front suspension. My best is an avg of 20mph through that section.

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,817
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or View Post
    don't really understand your analogy here.. not ashamed of riding my fatbike if that is what your'e getting at.. if anything, i get lots of thumbs up from other riders and hikers.. always happy to stop and answer any questions and criticisms.. it's the ignorant ones that tell me " why are you bringing a tank in the trails?".. they lift it (30 lbs) and their jaw drops, they always think the bike is heavy.. in the end, i ride away with a big smile on my face.. on every ride i take..
    I have a big smile on my face for every fat bike I see being ridden on our local trails. In the interest of complete transparency, I must say I also have the exact same smile for each and every off-road unicycle I encounter. That goes for any wheel size, too.....

  24. #24
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    22,054
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or View Post
    you asked me to "do tell".. obviously you haven't ridden one on the trails before.. how can you even suggest it's not an essential bike to have here, "mr. know it all".. i posted so i can have some fun with other fatbike riders here, and there are a couple.. so unless you are just trolling here trying to add up on your post count, i suggest you crawl back under that rock and STAY THERE!!!
    Are you really this ignorant to what I said. I lived in SD for 25 years and never felt the "need" for a PHat bike. I moved back to Northern Colorado and even with the snow we get here a PHat bike is not an essential tool.

    I never said they weren't fun in any trail or even a paved path. As far as this rock you think I live under you best not lift it.

    Gran Torino - Get Off My Lawn _HD

    I'll even start your precious little thread over for you.

    fat bikes San Diego area. Reply within..a gathering of sorts.




    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    I have a big smile on my face for every fat bike I see being ridden on our local trails. In the interest of complete transparency, I must say I also have the exact same smile for each and every off-road unicycle I encounter. That goes for any wheel size, too.....
    This ^^^
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Are you really this ignorant to what I said. I lived in SD for 25 years and never felt the "need" for a PHat bike. I moved back to Northern Colorado and even with the snow we get here a PHat bike is not an essential tool.

    I never said they weren't fun in any trail or even a paved path. As far as this rock you think I live under you best not lift it.

    Gran Torino - Get Off My Lawn _HD

    I'll even start your precious little thread over for you.

    fat bikes San Diego area. Reply within..a gathering of sorts.






    This ^^^
    are you so dumb you can't understand who this post is for? It is an invitation for other fatbike riders in san diego.. Has nothing to do with YOU since YOU DO NOT HAVE A FATBIKE!! Why keep coming back here and post.. Geez, get a life, get off your freakin' computer.. Get out there and ride or better yet GET LAID!! and DON'T COME BACK. You have nothing interesting to contribute HERE.. GEEZ.. NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK YOU DONT NEED FOR A BIKE!!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 07:16 AM
  2. Bike for San Diego area
    By p0g0 in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 12:58 AM
  3. San Diego area super d
    By angry_young_and_poor in forum Enduro Racing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 12:31 AM
  4. Bend area Fatbikes
    By MetalArtGate in forum Oregon
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 11:28 PM
  5. San Diego area?
    By nvr2low in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •