Smokestack Lighntin'
    Mar 2008

Lookin for a new place to ride

I've been riding Carbon Canyon and El Morro and I think its time for a change of scenery. I'm looking for some fairly technical single track, streams, a bit of downhill, a bit of uphill, a good work-out, and lot of fun.

Any Ideas?
    Board in the Winter and ride the rest of the year

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Santiago Oaks in Orange, by Irvine Park.

Captain Amazing
    Feb 2008
    How about Blackstar canyon in orange? Great ride up and great downhill. Just remember not to piss the hillbillies off.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AARP
    How about Blackstar canyon in orange? Great ride up and great downhill. Just remember not to piss the hillbillies off.
    All the more reason to avoid Blackstar.

Captain Amazing
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    All the more reason to avoid Blackstar.
    Why do you say that? As long as you stay on the trail I have never had any problems with them. They actually built quite a nice city towards the back where the real trail starts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I know that its a drive but Vail Lake is really cool and plus I have a weekly race/ride series there. Lots of new trails going in and definitely a good challenge!

Smokestack Lighntin'
    Mar 2008
    Rockin!

Thanks guys I'm gonna be hitting some of these up within the next week or so. If ya got more trails keep sending them.
    Board in the Winter and ride the rest of the year

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Holy Jim, Trabuco Trail, San Juan Trail, Coal Canyon, Skyline, Los Pinos, Bell Ridge, Tijeras Creek, Aliso/Woods, San Clemente Singletracks, Chiquito Trail, Caspers Reg. Park Trails, Indian Truck Trail, Southridge

Let me know if you need more. geoladders is a pretty good place to find local trails.

Captain Amazing
    Feb 2008
    Anyone know when Rim of the World is opening back up?

Captain Amazing
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ericfoltz
    Holy Jim, Trabuco Trail, San Juan Trail, Coal Canyon, Skyline, Los Pinos, Bell Ridge, Tijeras Creek, Aliso/Woods, San Clemente Singletracks, Chiquito Trail, Caspers Reg. Park Trails, Indian Truck Trail, Southridge

Let me know if you need more. geoladders is a pretty good place to find local trails.
    Thanks for that site man! I always kinda got lost on blackstar in limestone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ericfoltz

I'll be visiting over easter and was wondering if some of the stuff in Central OC is closed due to the fires? Thanks for any input, I'll still drag the bikes down there.

Mt Wilson Motoboy

How bout this?

Middle Sam Merrill trail above Pasadena. Ever see that mountain through the smog?
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]"My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]