Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009

... and if we just ... The long painful trail back to fitness

A few of us met up today at the school campground in the Cuyamacas to help me get back into shape. Being that this is my 3rd ride i barely managed to do 20 miles with some cramping. Climbing out here if you are not in shape will hurt, hopefully i can keep this momentum going so, i will be looking to do a 25 or miler on Thursday somewhere. On the other side of Milk Ranch road where the downhill starts, there were a lot of downed trees thus slowing down the flow and had to do a bunch of Hike a bikes. Overall it was a great day for riding and really didn't need a lot of layers as it warmed up fairly quick. Here are some pics i wanted to share with you guys :cheers:
    Laura Fox and knobbytires

Laura Fox mashing the uphill climb.

The lake.

Knobbytires enjoying the perfect weather.

The group in La Cima.

I couldn't find a place to "lean my bike on" :wave: Jose.

The group.

State park rangers picking up the pieces, Thanks guys.

The painful climb up Milk Ranch.

More downed trees.

Before: Laura going fast on the DH.

After:
    Gotta hate those damn ruts!

ocd(Phil) on the singletrack and was also nice enough to play sweeper on the way back.

mtbr member
    Good stuff !

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Good to see they are clearing some of the deadfall. Last time I rode there I have to dismount about 25 times. I often take that same route in reverse. That last downhill back towards the school camp is a blast that way.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

Birthday Collector
    Wow - lake is so empty. Last time I was in the 'Macas was in December of '05, and I thought it looked kinda low then! Sure like to get back down there sometime and do the East Mesa/Granite Spr/Indian Creek/Upper Noble loop... Even with the stretch of Highway past Pioneer Mail, and back down into CRSP it was a great ride! We're set for a deluge the next week up North here in the Bay Area... Sigh...
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    Hey Scott, the lake is low, but next week it should be full as we're forecast to get 5-7" of the wet.

Come down and ride dude! I think Greg is almost healed again
    It wasn't me

Birthday Collector
    Howeler-man! I'd love to get down there... TCB is out of commission for a couple more months at least though... Tell him to quit running into trees. He and I talked on the phone (can you believe it - people still talk on PHONES?!?!) and we were thinking maybe a May timeframe to get together and ride. Hopefully he'll be healed and have a few miles under his belt by then! C'mon up too! Or I'll meet you down there... Or Utah!!! Or....!!!
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009
    well, hit me up at least a month in advance and we can do a group ride out there. Im not as in good shape as i was but i am putting in a lot miles doing intervals so, hopefully i can get back into that climbing shape as i was before the injury. you guys know where to find me!

Peace

Glad to Be Alive
    nice pics
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days