Front Range, Colorado

Local Trail Beef

Check this thread out about our local S.D. trails and the people who ride them. Make sure to read the whole thread, this dude has a serious beef with local So Ca. riders.

Is it just Socal???
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 03-25-2008 at 04:05 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I saw that this thread disappeared from the SoCal forum, and I thought the mods removed it because the guy is such an idiot. Nothing like a sense of entitlement to make the trails a better place.

mtbr member
    It turns out that thread revealed many things.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC

Did you know....

it costs $178.00 to replace a passenger window on a Nissan Pickup? Some A-hole broke it and took a pair of jeans at Anderson on 3/16. I doubt it was a rider but come on! Pants? Are you kidding me? I take my wallet with me just incase the emergency room needs it.

Fricken loosers!

Front Range, Colorado
    [QUOTE=EBasil]It turns out that thread revealed many things.

Ha,ha looks like Aqua's the window basher culprit at AT&T.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 03-26-2008 at 01:36 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy
    it costs $178.00 to replace a passenger window on a Nissan Pickup? Some A-hole broke it and took a pair of jeans at Anderson on 3/16. I doubt it was a rider but come on! Pants? Are you kidding me? I take my wallet with me just incase the emergency room needs it.

Fricken loosers!
    That's f-cked. I saw your glass still sitting on the side of the road when I parked there yesterday. Made me a little nervous for my own vehicle.

2 minutes turkish
    Although i disagree with his attitude and approach, he does make a truthful point regarding the attitudes in the SoCal XC scene.

It is a bit of a d**k swinging contest among the XC crowd down here. Coming from NorCal, i can see why. Trails are way crowded down here. In NorCal or anywhere else you are happy to see other people on the trails because it can be rare depending on where you go.

I do see that a lot of the XC guys have been around longer than a lot of the AM/FR/DH cats that are starting to crowd the trails, and seniority doesn't mean a whole lot on the hill like it does in the office. So yeah, there is an over-inflated sense of entitlement among the SoCal veterans. I hope we can all embrace the progression of our sport no matter where it goes.

Silence and Thunder...
    fwiw - I think it really is a shame that the DH community hasn't been able to develop a -legal- DH/FR specific area in SD. That would give all the peeps with thier go-big bikes a proper place to ride...

otoh, "multi-use" trails are just that. And -all- users should follow the rules and use common sense.
    ...that's the problem...
    ...every day sends future to past...

Front Range, Colorado
    The Mods. shut Gravity Assist's thread down. So I started another thread voicing my opinion of his original thread. Here Trail Etiquette---Gravity Assist the mods. freaked and shut my thread down, and then threatened to put me on suspension. Apparently voicing your opinion on trail etiquette [freedom of speech] is looked down upon on this site.

Local 281
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 03-26-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    so cali is a pretty crowded spot so these are prone to happening

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Wow I just read a few people comments. There was one person who was telling people to use a technique that he uses to attempt to injure another person possibly kill them. I hope that was a joke but even if it is I can see someone trying it out. Those are the attitudes that will end mountain biking period, because stunts like that will get authorities involved which can only lead to bad things for everyone.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    They are multi-use trails, regardless of how crowded it is. When a rider approaches the trail as if he's entitled to use it in his own special way and everyone else get out of the way--that's the problem. Build a specific use trail or go where they are located but these are multi-use trails. Eventually you have to give up the bottle and eat some meat and hopefully grow up. Think about that bike you are going to purchase and where you can use it BEFOREhand.

"so pitted"
    I've been riding here in Socal for 3 years and never had a problem (spandex knights or football gear junkies). I think if you go to the trails with a bad attitude you are just asking for trouble. If some one is riding your back wheel just let them pass. If your descending and some one is coming up hill pick a different line or just stop for a second. I think the "killing" comments and fight comments is a case of forum-bullying or web machoismo. No one is doing any of that crap on the trails. Smile, say hi and mash those gears. High fives all around. Back to epic rides and photo sharing