j77

No good A little help with maintenance at Kenter. . .

Not sure if anyone who rides Kenter regularly has noticed the abscence of the trash can?

Well, its been located. . . .

Some asshat threw the can over the edge of the trail and it now resides about 35' down the slope. The trash was all over the slope facing the homes of all those neighbors that would love nothing more than to see that area plowed.

I ventured down there to collect all the trash I could safely reach (which was most all of it) and put it back in the can. So the eyesore factor is gone now. The problem is that the fully loaded can is too heavy to pull up the embankment thru the bushes. If anyone out there who knows the trail can help out by bringing some rope and leaving it under the net I will pull the can up. Or if youre feeling generous you could retreive it yourselves (its probably a 2 person job), its straight out from the net just beyond the first big cluster of bushes down the slope.

All the people that ride the whoops are generaly respectful of the trails and aware of the disdain for us from the neighboring homeowners. I seriously doubt that any of the riders up there would even consider doing anything that could jepordize the use of the trails. Just keep an eye out for people looking to make it harder for us to ride there and thanks in advance to anyone that can help with the trash can.

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

That Sucks!

That makes me really mad; I can't believe someone would do that. I wonder who would do such a thing; I couldn't see any hikers or bikers doing something like that. I ride there quite a bit, and would like to try to get out there on Sunday.

That's the kind out thing that would get those jumps closed down, and they're finally starting to get fun...

j77
    Quote Originally Posted by WWT
    That's the kind out thing that would get those jumps closed down, and they're finally starting to get fun...
    That's no joke! When I saw that bullsh!t I was down there immediately cleaning it up. The can had been missing for about a week so there is no doubt that everyone across the canyon saw it.

Really pissed me off, esp. since there have been surveyors working out there and people from the getty checking out the trails and doing repairs on the fire roads. All of whom also may have seen the mess. None of it makes for good relations with the owners of the land or the neighbors.

Anyhow those that care will help make it right! Thanks for the offer of help. I will be there this evening and tomorrow morning, but not sunday. I should be able to round up someone to help without a problem, but if youre there and sunday and the can isnt by the net, you know what to do. . . .

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm nice work-

thanks for looking out for things up there - it really blows when somebody does sh$$T like that in a place that is already endangered...I really need to get back up there when I get a weekend off...is Kurt still around or is he overseas now?

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for taking it on to clean up Kenter.

Does anyone know who dumps the trash can when it's full? I think that too is a voluntary thing.

j77
    the trashcan was back up on friday afternoon! thanks to who ever pulled that thing out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

awesome shot-

Quote Originally Posted by j77
    the trashcan was back up on friday afternoon! thanks to who ever pulled that thing out!
    that's one of those newer hip jumps to the side of the main line isn't it...you suck for being able to get up there on friday while I'm sitting in front of the computer...

j77
    Quote Originally Posted by nightops
    that's one of those newer hip jumps to the side of the main line isn't it...you suck for being able to get up there on friday while I'm sitting in front of the computer...
    Well, I am lucky enough to work very close to the trail and now that we have a little more daylight to burn I am riding up there at least 2 nights during the week, after quitting time.

Its a great way to reduce rush hour traffic.

Glad to Be Alive
    people got to take with em what they brought in...Even grab stuff that is not yours
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    people got to take with em what they brought in...Even grab stuff that is not yours
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Same rules that apply on the XC fire roads should apply to the whoops. Take out what ya bring in.

For that reason, I think the trash can can potentially be a bad idea. It fosters people laziness.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by frankenbike
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Same rules that apply on the XC fire roads should apply to the whoops. Take out what ya bring in.

For that reason, I think the trash can can potentially be a bad idea. It fosters people laziness.

leave trash can at bottom of trail...then trash day move it out to the street more
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days