mtbr member

Lezyne Super Drive Lights

So last night was the first night I have been able to use our new Lezyne Super Drive lights. I mounted two on the bars and headed out for a few hour ride. I turned one on low and proceeded to do get into the 1 1/2 hour climb. With another person behind me, I was being "flooded" out by their light, but that was my doing. I did, after all, have the light on low.

Once we got to the top, I turned both lights to full power and was amazed by the power of the lights! Holy Shimoly! My riding buddy was using another brand of lights which were brand new and we both decided the Lezyne Super Drive lights simply covered the singletrack better. It had a wider coverage and was bright as hell. Both of us had two seperate lights on the bars.

I love the USB port for plugging it in and can't believe how small the entire unit is. Not to mention having no battery pack is simply mind blowing. The whole unit is on my bar mount. Incredible!!! Oh, and it weighs about 125 Grams!

The only draw back is it lacks a helmet mount. Once Lezyne comes out with a helmet mount this unit will be unstoppable!

I am not affiliated with Lezyne in anyway and was really surprised at how awesome this unit is. There are tons of other technical info about this light to be found on the net. I believe Francis has posted some stuff on it too.

If you are interested in purchasing a light, check into this unit. I love it.

Here is the linky
    LED Lights
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I just bought one today. Just got back from a short night ride, and although there was a fair amount of ambient light around, it was pretty impressive. For my type of night riding, it will mostly be around home on the street or fire road. When I do take an Epic ride in the Sierras (and I have), the planned riding is done during the day. If I got stuck due to injury, this light would be more than adequate for emergency evacuation, slower single track riding. If I was a Racer and needed to be able to bomb downhill at 30 MPH at night, no. This would not be my choice. I like the look, weight, USB charging, and the easy to replace battery. On longer day rides even, I will carry this light AND extra battery. Maybe two.

I still carry a Surefire Flashlight on ALL rides with an extra batt too. I love my Surefires!
    Last edited by trmn8er; 02-21-2012 at 09:41 AM.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by trmn8er View Post
    I just bought one today. Just got back from a short night ride, and although there was a fair amount of ambient light around, it was pretty impressive. For my type of night riding, it will mostly be around home on the street or fire road. When I do take an Epic ride in the Sierras (and I have), the planned riding it done during the day. If I got stuck due to injury, this light would be more than adequate for emergency evacuation, slower single track riding. If I was a Racer and needed to be able to bomb downhill at 30 MPH at night, no. This would not be my choice. I like the look, weight, USB charging, and the easy to replace battery. On longer day rides even, I will carry this light AND extra battery. Maybe two.

I still carry a Surefire Flashlight on ALL rides with an extra batt too. I love my Surefires!
    Surefire lights are awesome for night shooting if you're in to that stuff! It's my light of choice. I've been using the niterider duals for some downhill blasts. The lighting is amazing. I'll give these lyzene lights a test. I always carry my lights full charged as well just in case I eat it hard and fall in to a blind canyon. I have 2 other lights in my bag as well

banned
    riding the same four trails over and over, why would one needs lights?
    Last edited by KarateChicken; 02-21-2012 at 02:37 PM.