mtbr member

LCWP open 7 days a week

I just spoke to the ranger at Laguna Coast Wilderness Park and as of today the part of the park that is south of the 73 toll road is open 7 days a week.

mtbr member

Ye haw

Thanks for the update. That's great news. I can ride there from my house.

Now I don't have to feel guilty about exiting El Moro at the end of Fenceline and riding Bommer during the week.

C

_
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for the positive news Chopper!

CalEpic, now did you really feel all that guilty?

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    I just spoke to the ranger at Laguna Coast Wilderness Park and as of today the part of the park that is south of the 73 toll road is open 7 days a week.
    Very cool.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    *****en news, Chopper. Glad that time is finally here.
    Last edited by punkndrublic; 11-24-2005 at 11:00 AM.

mtbr member

Fences

I have one request of my fellow bikers in regard to this. I just hope everyone contiues to use the gates instead of cutting through the brush to get to the other side of the fence. I would hate for the Fence Line trail to start looking like a BMX track with a ton of new trails crossing over. At one time Ranger Larry said he wanted to take the fence down but I don't think that would be a good idea.
    I will talk to both parks next week to find out what the plan is to get BVD open soon. I am pretty sure Larry has a plan in place for this also.
    On another note, I finally got the rain closure sign changed at the El Moro gate so that the park is closed to all use after rain instead of just to mountain bikers. Hopefully this will help stop the horses and hikers from coming in after rain and turning the trails into mine fields. This has been a long time coming. In fact the law changed over a year ago but the sign never did. I took it to a sign shop last week and had it changed for $15.

I've got a Stiffee
    I have one request of my fellow bikers in regard to this. I just hope everyone contiues to use the gates instead of cutting through the brush to get to the other side of the fence. I would hate for the Fence Line trail to start looking like a BMX track with a ton of new trails crossing over. At one time Ranger Larry said he wanted to take the fence down but I don't think that would be a good idea.
    I will talk to both parks next week to find out what the plan is to get BVD open soon. I am pretty sure Larry has a plan in place for this also.
    On another note, I finally got the rain closure sign changed at the El Moro gate so that the park is closed to all use after rain instead of just to mountain bikers. Hopefully this will help stop the horses and hikers from coming in after rain and turning the trails into mine fields. This has been a long time coming. In fact the law changed over a year ago but the sign never did. I took it to a sign shop last week and had it changed for $15.
    Nice work Chopper, and thanks for the updates!!! As far as the "shortcuts" on fenceline, I would have to assume that those would more commonly be used by hikers/joggers because why would a mtn biker want to leave a singletrack early Either way, its all good news. BVD might need some trimming up also right?

mtbr member

Bvd

They let us use BVD for part of the Halloween Night ride and yes it could use some serious brushing. We really can't organize anything until it is officially open though.

Regarding shortcuts on Fence Line, the most problematic one right now is exactly where Lizard meets Bommer. Either people are coming off Lizard and jumping the fence to get on Fence Line or (and more likely) they are riding on Fence Line and jumping the fence to get to Lizard. I agree with you, why cut out a good section of single track, just to get to another single track quicker??? I guess if they ever open Lizard we could just put a step through gate there and that would solve that problem.

I've got a Stiffee
    They let us use BVD for part of the Halloween Night ride and yes it could use some serious brushing. We really can't organize anything until it is officially open though.

Regarding shortcuts on Fence Line, the most problematic one right now is exactly where Lizard meets Bommer. Either people are coming off Lizard and jumping the fence to get on Fence Line or (and more likely) they are riding on Fence Line and jumping the fence to get to Lizard. I agree with you, why cut out a good section of single track, just to get to another single track quicker??? I guess if they ever open Lizard we could just put a step through gate there and that would solve that problem.
    Well I haven't been on Lizards in a few months but it was severely overgrown last time I was on it, so not sure how many bikers are using that shortcut.

Keep us posted on anymore updates!