mtbr member

Lake Hodges Full

Having ridden Lake Hodges for the last 7 years and watching the water line steadily decline, I can't wait to go out there again and see it full. It has been quite a long time since its spilled over the damn.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    KPBS-FM mentioned today that 1998 was the last time it has spilled over. The damn was constructed in something like 1919, and it has spilled over 28 times since being built.

mtbr member
    Pretty darn cool, but the singletracks and shaded trails are gonna be mucky for a while after our last rain....presuming there is a "last" rain and we aren't just washed into the ocean or converted into Seattle.

No known cure

Six weeks ago...

Lake Arrowhead was 28 feet low. Yesterday it spilled over into Willow Creek.

Ya, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBasil
    Pretty darn cool, but the singletracks and shaded trails are gonna be mucky for a while after our last rain....presuming there is a "last" rain and we aren't just washed into the ocean or converted into Seattle.
    Hey Ebasil--Maybe we should get a lot of that "SpillMagic" stuff they use at grocery stores to clean up spilled liquids, and just blanket Hodges with it to soak up all the water. That way we can get back to riding sometime this year

I took my kids to the Supercross event at Qualcomm on Saturday and that is what they did to dry out the track. Then they just bulldozed it all off. It actually worked pretty well.

Of course I'm only kidding, but man I wish it were that easy. My last ride was 37 years ago, and I'm only 29!! Can't seem to figure that one out
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.