ss poser

Lake Forest Fire Station

anyone live in lake forest & know where their local fire station is located? i'm still trying to figure out how to get baked goods to the fire fighters & am going to take the bold approach & just show up w/the breads & brownies. i want to get as close to the canyon w/o actually getting in the way. can you give me a location?

tks,
    tink
    can i get some pixie dust w/my gu, please?

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Not sure about the Lake Forest station but I am sure the RSM station is seeing action too. They are located off Santa Margarita and Empresa. Take first left after you turn on Empresa and you can't miss it.

Also, I know they just build a new station off El Toro which I think is in LF. It is on El Toro just before Jeronimo I think?
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

ss poser
    tks, paul! we'll go for a drive tomorrow & see if we can't unload some of these goodies!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    there is a fire station on El Toro road just south of Jeronimo Rd.

mtbr member
    My wife and all her friends have been gathering items for the firefighters over the past few days. From talking to her their command post was (as of yesterday) based at Cooks Corner. They were good with food and drinks but the firefighters working in the canyon were requesting socks, underwear, chapstick and bandanas (Sounds like a party up there!)

There was a fire dept. representative at Glenn Ranch and El Toro Rd (where the the road has been closed) who has been collecting donations for them.

ss poser
    tks for the latest. we're actually working the entrance to whiting to keep lookie loos out (organized by SHARE & the rangers of whiting ranch) today, so i'll see what i can do to get these goodies to the fire fighters. maybe i'll run into some at the ralph's there, if not i'll see how close i can get to the glenn ranch check point. if i don' t have any luck, i may be feeding all of you! i've got a dozen loaves of pumpkin bread & 2 flats of brownies to get rid of!

tks for all the tips!

tink

ss poser
    Quote Originally Posted by shmrcksean
    They were good with food and drinks but the firefighters working in the canyon were requesting socks, underwear, chapstick and bandanas (Sounds like a party up there!)
    do you know if the chapstick has to be prepackaged? i actually have 18 that i made for xmas presents (vanilla & cherry flavored) that i'm more than happy to hand over. i can also make more if necessary. i have a dozen more tubes.

mtbr member
    foothill ranch has a fire station off of pauling and de vinci i believe

ss poser

Success!!

cook's is still standing! they're staging out of cook's, w/tubs of supplies (lotions, toothbrushes, underwear, chapstick, etc) on what i think may have been pool tables! sheriff's and fire fighters enjoyed bbq hot off the grill on the high tables inside & i was able to drop off my desserts for later. piles & piles of water & gatorade were lined up outside. anything that isn't used up here will be shipped to san diego & arrowhead w/the fire fighters after they get our fire under control & head elsewhere to fight. i'm not sure if they still need anything or not, but if you're interested in donating, you may want to call cook's before just heading down there. 949) 635-6813

tks for all the tips!

tink