OUTLAW 7
    Jul 2008

Laguna Hills trails

What up, anyone ride the trail Talonix in laguna hills. Shiiiiaattttttttt, i guess i am just not skilled enough yet to ride that!!! Visit that area about 2 a year, love it man. Anyone got any pointers on that trail? Maybe a trail a little easier to work up to? Bare in mind, i am on a Nomad,standard 6 inch travel bike, but i heard of alot of mo fos riding that trail with it

mtbr member
    Dooode

Moost peepul wont talk aboat thet trale on the internets. There not that stoopid.

I need to learns me sum grammer and speelin

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Talonix is a trail? I herd of a tire called Talonix, its awesome,so the trail must be also!

Chillin the Most
    the trail you speak of has some sort of mystical power that makes everyone think it's some illegal trail. While not necessarily legal, it's not illegal either. See the reason people believe this is because the rangers in Aliso Park tell everyone that it;s not a legal trail, because Telonix isn't part of the Aliso Woods Park, so they have no choice to tell people not to ride it since taking any other stand would make them liable if any injuries should occur. So this is why the BS about Telonix.

The Telonix trail is on city land which is regulated by the city, not the park rangers. So keep riding all you want, but keep in mind that Telonix is being ridden on borrowed time. The first time some 15 yr old breaks his neck and his mom tries to sue, this trail will be gonners.

Chillin the Most
    Oh & BTW, for all the whiners that say stop posting about Telonix. Please refrain with such comments. If anyone cared to shut down Telonix they would have done it years ago. This trial is older than most people who post on this board and it;s not some deep dark secret. The city knows it;s there and like I said, until something dramatic happens, no one cares.

OUTLAW 7
    Jul 2008

That Trail, aliso park

Has anyone of you guys rode the whole thing without eating shiaaaattt! Ive heard of some good downhill riders ride it no problem. Mad props, Mad props, or maybe my skilll level sucks right now. I have to get off my bike in some spots, is it me the rider, or do i need a longer travel bike, i have six inches of travel, nomad

mtbr member
    Be careful about giving incorrect information.

April 23, 2008.......... parcels which include this trail were purchased to be added to the protected open space areas and protected similar to the rest of the South Coast Wilderness areas; and eventually will be managed as one of the parks....not sure which one.

Look it up on the internet......it's all there.

As I've said many times before.......get involved in making changes through the proper channels and things can get accomplished.

Just be careful not to steer people in the wrong direction with miss-information.

Thanks!

Chillin the Most

Upset

Actually that is not correct either. Because...

As of June 13, 2008.....parcels which include this trail that where previously purchased to be added to the protected open space areas have been sold by said unknown park dept, to an undisclosed private company for purposes yet to be revealed. Look it up it's on the internet...everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JamR
    Be careful about giving incorrect information.

April 23, 2008.......... parcels which include this trail were purchased to be added to the protected open space areas and protected similar to the rest of the South Coast Wilderness areas; and eventually will be managed as one of the parks....not sure which one.

Look it up on the internet......it's all there.

As I've said many times before.......get involved in making changes through the proper channels and things can get accomplished.

Just be careful not to steer people in the wrong direction with miss-information.

Thanks!

"so pitted"

Telonics is gnarly. Everyone crashes at least a few times before getting it dialed and even then it's still a challenge. In terms of tips, lower the seat, bend those knees and elbows and pick your line way in advance. Other rides that are in the area "Rockit, Stairstep, TNA and 5 Oaks" Rockit is the easiest and really fun. Remember to smile and have fun and good luck with the trail research. (Video is of Telonics with some local mashers...not me)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Sick video man. Thats the videos I like to see. No need for editing just perfect. If thats not 100% then he must be super legit. Great Video and nice bike!

mtbr member
    Is that the parking lot for LCAD at the end of the video? My son will be headed down there in the fall. Now all he needs is housing towards the top of the trail...

somewhere in socal

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Wow! This is kind of fast! I would really love to try it!
    As I'm moving to Newport Beach I'm trying to find new bike-mates...
    Is there any one of you guys so nice?

I made a thread: Hi everybody! Need Your Help! Newport B. and close areas

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dezul43
    Sick Vid. lol that guy fell 3 times in 2 minutes. Where in socal?

somewhere in socal
    Quote Originally Posted by siscoOGpimp
    Sick Vid. lol that guy fell 3 times in 2 minutes. Where in socal?
    laguna