ODB
    mtbr member

Laguna Coast Wilderness

Anyone know what time they typically open the gate? Looking to get an early start Sunday. Thanks.

Over the Hill
    Does not make much difference, park outside the gate or go in one of the other many entrances.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ODB
    Anyone know what time they typically open the gate? Looking to get an early start Sunday. Thanks.
    The park is officially open from 7:00 am until Dusk, but the actual parking lot is open for parking from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.

If someone wants an early ride start; a good choice is to start at El Moro (which opens at 6:00 am) and spend an hour in El Moro before riding into Laguna Coast through one of the upper gates.

If you come into Laguna Coast through one of the upper gates between El Moro, please sign in on the clipboard or spin down to the park entrance to sign in.

Hope this helps

ODB
    mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I typically like to start at Aliso and take StairStep down into the canyon, but I'm not sure the group i'm riding with is up for that. And screw parking at El Moro; day-use fee there is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by JamR
    The park is officially open from 7:00 am until Dusk, but the actual parking lot is open for parking from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.

If someone wants an early ride start; a good choice is to start at El Moro (which opens at 6:00 am) and spend an hour in El Moro before riding into Laguna Coast through one of the upper gates.

If you come into Laguna Coast through one of the upper gates between El Moro, please sign in on the clipboard or spin down to the park entrance to sign in.

Hope this helps