Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)

83K views 468 replies 101 participants last post by  DIRTJUNKIE 
#1 ·
Possibly the most miserable person in the world?

makes no difference what I do, every time I get a mouthful from her. She has threatened me with cops, used the horse to try block my path (in a confrontational face off type setup), etc etc etc

I also always tell her horse just left 30 lbs of sh1t back there, can she go pick it up.

#94 ·
I've ridden over there lots of time, and even though I haven't seen the crazy horse woman, there is a similarly moronic woman that takes her guard dogs for walks along the entrance road to that fire trail from Capri --> Sullivan Canyon Fire Road.

She purposefully let her dogs slip on the leash as I was riding by, and they almost took my leg off.

So, FYI, if you see two german shepherds on a leash with some ditzy looking blonde 50'ish woman, don't call out and say that you're going to pass by. Just find another way around.

#96 ·
Saw the crazy lady on the white horse again. She was on the steep paved road coming up out of sullivan canyon. Again, paved road, 40 feet wide. She was super nervous and could hardly control her horse as I rode around about 30 feet from her, slowly climbing the hill. I think she is truly a public danger - either she does not have the skills to control her horse or her horse does not belong on public trails. Either way she does not belong out there, and with the amount of use that trail gets, it's only a matter of time until she hits someone again.

#97 ·
Gawd I'm so tired of all the mentally disturbed people wandering around Sulli...
Some woman with her dog on Horse trail the other day began yelling the usual 'trespassing...kill somebody' stuff at me. Questions like "If its private property, why are you here? Why are the property fences on either side of the trail? Why is there no fence/gate/sign at the entrance to keep people out?" all met with zero response, just more ranting about me killing somebody.
I told her I'd been riding 15 years & had never hurt/hit anyone, although I had been bitten several times by off-leash dogs, just like hers was.
I don't think she heard a word I said. Just kept spewing her BS in a VERY antagonistic way. Like someone else said, sooner or later one of these nut-bags is gonna mess with the wrong person and its not going to be pretty. And I for one will have a very hard time feeling sorry for them when that happens...

#102 ·
I know this thread is old, but every time she threatens you or takes aggressive action w/ her horse she needs to be reported to the rangers. The video is perfect evidence to start this process. If the rangers receive enough complaints she will absolutely get a visit from them for harassing and endangering mountain bikers on a multi-use trail.

#103 ·
Stay tuned, there has been (July 4, 2013) some major action regarding this women, horses (BTW, she does not own the white horse), the LAPD and a physical "battery" along with a life threatening verbal threat made against a cyclist, all witnessed by other (non-cyclists) trail users as well as video of the incident(s) I can not say more at the moment, because this is only two days old, and the LAPD detectives have just begun their investigation. But, I promise to post more once I can.

#106 ·
Again, I can't say any more, as the LAPD has the link to this thread, and I am involved in the case. But I wanted others that ride in this area to know that things really came to a head on Thurs. The best outcome is that this woman is barred from trails in the SM's, and that she gets the help that she obviously needs. I do promise to post more when I feel I legally can.

#110 ·
Wow is this true?

Judge should give her a shovel + wheelbarrow to clean hs from SM trails
I doubt if the Judge will impose such a demeaning penalty on her. After all, she is a member of a Higher Class of citizen than the bicycle riding trash....Judges tend to take one's Station in life in account when they mete out "justice".

#113 ·
The best result would be if she was tied between 4 draught horses and had her arms and legs pulled off in front of heaps of mountain bikers that have donated to charity to watch he being de-limbed.
Id travel to the states for that for sure.

#117 ·
This is a great reminder for everybody that rides in "hostile territory" to bring along a camera/cell phone to catch kooks in the act.

I hope that chick gets smited.
Smited is such a great term. Holy Retribution indeed.

And yes, always having a device to record interactions is a good idea.

#125 ·
Dear Peons,

I would like to apologize for almost trampling ya'll, but gluestix (that's my horsie) and me just watched the preview special screening of the Lone Ranger!

Next thing you know, we are in this canyon full of colorful targets, and well, the rest is history.

PS thank you for all the debates we have had over the last few months.

#130 ·
Not a horse but some dog came full tilt at me when I came out of a trail on to another trail this morning. Lady sitting on a big rock with her dog says; "watch out", dog jukes left, then goes to the right of me. I look over at her and she says, "not my dog" as the dog proceeds it's sprint out of site. No idea who the dog belonged to or why it was in such a hurry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.