Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)

83K views 468 replies 101 participants last post by  DIRTJUNKIE 
#1 ·
Possibly the most miserable person in the world?

makes no difference what I do, every time I get a mouthful from her. She has threatened me with cops, used the horse to try block my path (in a confrontational face off type setup), etc etc etc

I also always tell her horse just left 30 lbs of sh1t back there, can she go pick it up.

#49 ·
She said something about manslaughter. That was really shitty how she rode her horses toward him and turned around almost hitting him. I would have picked up my front end at her and the horse if she got that close to me.
Had to do this once before.. what a sh!tty ride that was still remember it 5 years later!

Have to just avoid the trail kooks, they are easy to spot

#54 ·
This is weird, I've been riding in santa monica since 1999 and Santiago Oaks since 1989 and have never seen either of these ladies or their horses. Probably jinxed myslef and will get run over next ride by both of them riding together.

#62 ·
Got it, in that case do whatever you can to document her aggressiveness. Report her to the rangers EVERY SINGLE TIME she mouths off to you. If you get the broad on the officials radar when something bad happens you will have ammo against her in court. It is only a matter of time before her horse kicks somebody or she deliberately collides with someone and tries to get bikes banned. She looks like a Vandeman follower to me.

#58 ·
definitely multi use (100000%)

doesn't slow her down at all, unless you get off you bike and get into a kneeling position with head bowed when she rides past you are going to get a mouthful

you are most likely to run into her on the sullivan canyon fire road (you know the one the gas company keeps shutting down to work on the pipes). Almost always mid afternoon to early evening.

Some of the other guys I know are now tail whipping the bikes at the horse when they go by. Starting to get all around ugly.

#108 ·
Again, I can't say any more, as the LAPD has the link to this thread, and I am involved in the case. But I wanted others that ride in this area to know that things really came to a head on Thurs. The best outcome is that this woman is barred from trails in the SM's, and that she gets the help that she obviously needs. I do promise to post more when I feel I legally can.
I'm surprised it took this long. The best outcome would be spending some time behind bars and getting some help.

#65 ·
I know we were having problems with our own lady on a white horse in Orange County at Santiago Oaks, she is in the picture from earlier covering her face, and guys started to report her to the rangers and show them their videos (some showing her leaving the trails and riding in illegal areas), she was spoken to and has been somewhat calmer since, but still not pleasant.

#74 ·
the rider in that video is always like that I ride with him (not in that video) and that's just the way he is.

yeah i dont know if horses are allowed up that single track just before you see the witch, even a horse and a hiker would have a really tough time passing each other, some parts very narrow with 20 foot dropoff.

im so glad someone posted that video. Everything on the internet is exaggerated 10 times (even this is an exaggeration of my non exaggeration). But this time its not.

Can't wait to run into her again, I'm going to post a good video, going to ask her if she knows she could be up for manslaughter if someone trying to dodge her horse poo on the trail wipes out and breaks their neck in doing so.

#75 ·
Can't wait to run into her again, I'm going to post a good video, going to ask her if she knows she could be up for manslaughter if someone trying to dodge her horse poo on the trail wipes out and breaks their neck in doing so.
haha, no kidding right? That outta rile her up.

#83 ·
the game city of LA plays is they never notify you of anything

they will claim you should have received X twice by mail (which you don't) and by that point you are with collections. So it will be $5 + $100 something in other fees by then.

awesome.

#84 ·
Fyi my wife (she rides a singlespeed black cat) saw the lady on a white horse after she hit a recreational biker (ie 1980's trek with goofy bar ends) on the paved part of sullivan fire road just after the first gate before the haunted house. For some reason they painted an outline of the victim on the road. There was an ambulance there and the guy just had skinned up knees. Anyone know more about this incident? Was probably in October or November.

#85 ·
Wait, you are saying that the woman on the horse hit the biker?

I do recall a few months ago that a cyclist was hit by a car on sullivan ridge . . . might that be the same incident? It wasn't that long ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.