Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 345
  1. #126
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyonwhitehorse View Post
    Dear Peons,

    I would like to apologize for almost trampling ya'll, but gluestix (that's my horsie) and me just watched the preview special screening of the Lone Ranger!

    Next thing you know, we are in this canyon full of colorful targets, and well, the rest is history.

    PS thank you for all the debates we have had over the last few months.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  2. #127
    Beer Please!
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mango View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw part of this. My friend and I had just come down into Sullivan Canyon from Squirrel Cage when some hikers heading from further up the canyon told us about some confrontation happening between two bikers and a lady on a horse. It was a pretty busy time (around noonish) with lots of other trail users, mostly hikers.

    Next thing I know, there is a ton of commotion coming from up the canyon. Some woman was on a white horse and also had another horse (brown I think) with her, at a full gallop, chasing down two bikers. That lady is crazy in a Lindsay Lohan way -- maybe kind of hot, but you really don't want to be around her. Her eyes were bulging out of her head, and she kept goading the horses on, screaming at the top of her lungs, "HHOOOOO! HOOOOOOOO! HOOOOOOO!" over and over again.

    My friend and I jumped off the trail as fast as we could, and pretty much ended up in the bushes. One of the hikers near us immediately tried calling 911, but could not get reception. Fortunately, it sounds like someone else was able to get in touch with the police.

    Afterwards, we spoke with a couple of other hikers and we got snippets of what happened. I still don't really know what the precipitating events were, but trying to run down bikers with two horses while endangering everyone else on the trail (like I said, it was a busy day) was probably uncalled for. I'm thinking maybe if those bikers cut out the heart of the woman's puppy in front of her, then it might be okay to do what she did.

    As for those two riders - whoever you are, you looked like you were keeping your cool. I don't know if I would have been as calm with two horses chasing me. You guys definitely looked liked you were handling the situation as well as possible.
    good night! That is crazy, she obviously has no care whether or not her and her 1 ton pets trample someone to death, hiker or biker.... I wonder if they can charge someone with Assault with a Deadly weapon for that kind of action?
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

  3. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    good night! That is crazy, she obviously has no care whether or not her and her 1 ton pets trample someone to death, hiker or biker.... I wonder if they can charge someone with Assault with a Deadly weapon for that kind of action?
    'Betcher boots they can. What else would they call it......"Misbehavior of the Privileged"?
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  4. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,234
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyonwhitehorse View Post
    Dear Peons,

    I would like to apologize for almost trampling ya'll, but gluestix (that's my horsie) and me just watched the preview special screening of the Lone Ranger!

    Next thing you know, we are in this canyon full of colorful targets, and well, the rest is history.

    PS thank you for all the debates we have had over the last few months.
    aha

  5. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tillers_Rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    501
    Not a horse but some dog came full tilt at me when I came out of a trail on to another trail this morning. Lady sitting on a big rock with her dog says; "watch out", dog jukes left, then goes to the right of me. I look over at her and she says, "not my dog" as the dog proceeds it's sprint out of site. No idea who the dog belonged to or why it was in such a hurry.

  6. #131
    Gotta pay to play
    Reputation: michaelscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    669
    this ever go anywhere?

  7. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    503
    i can tell you I have not seen her on the trail in weeks

  8. #133
    Team Fearless Descender
    Reputation: El Salt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,957
    Well (anything come of this?), I can tell you, the incidents one month "anniversary" is tomorrow Aug 4th. And, with nothing from the DA, not a courtesy phone call or email, I still feel that I can not post any of the evidence, etc. Come Monday I will re-contact the LAPD Detective I met with at the WLA station now three weeks ago to see where things stand. I realize the "wheels of justice" turn mighty slow, but I would think in nearly a months time someone from the Districts Attorneys office would have at least confirmed that they have the report, my evidence, and my desire to pursue legal action against this person, but no. The Detective did indicated that he would pass the info along, and did feel that based on the evidence (my verbal, written, photographic, and video evidence, along with a verbal report from at least 6 others of the horse riders actions that day) the DA would be interested in some action.
    .
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."


    Stuff

  9. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kdiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    Well (anything come of this?), I can tell you, the incidents one month "anniversary" is tomorrow Aug 4th. And, with nothing from the DA, not a courtesy phone call or email, I still feel that I can not post any of the evidence, etc. Come Monday I will re-contact the LAPD Detective I met with at the WLA station now three weeks ago to see where things stand. I realize the "wheels of justice" turn mighty slow, but I would think in nearly a months time someone from the Districts Attorneys office would have at least confirmed that they have the report, my evidence, and my desire to pursue legal action against this person, but no. The Detective did indicated that he would pass the info along, and did feel that based on the evidence (my verbal, written, photographic, and video evidence, along with a verbal report from at least 6 others of the horse riders actions that day) the DA would be interested in some action.
    Good luck. LAPD is worthless. The best way to get them interested is to find an angle where they can generate some money. Maybe her horse is missing some sort of license or registration and they can fine her for that. The monetary gain vs. the actual work they would have to do for arresting someone assaulting a biker is not worth their time. You're not in the hospital, so they can avoid having to do anything. I'm moving soon and glad to be out.

    (Edit: So no one takes this the wrong way, I'm not blaming any policeman, it's the local governments priorities/culture. Based on what everyone has said about this lady I hope I'm wrong and something is done about her.)
    Last edited by kdiff; 08-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.

  10. #135
    Team Fearless Descender
    Reputation: El Salt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,957
    Again, I feel it is not right (or even legal?) to post much, but I will say I've met with the City Attorneys office mid August. Since that meeting I've been told that "the horse lady" and her "attorney" will be present at a hearing with the City Attorney, but that a date has not been scheduled.

    The wheels of justice sure do turn slowly, its now coming up on 2 months since the incident.
    .
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."


    Stuff

  11. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,792
    Is she allowed back on the trails? Has anyone seen her?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  12. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    503
    the wicked witch is gone.

    still could not believe a lady riding alone in the wilderness would have the audacity to talk to people like that.

    some of the countries I have lived in, bad bad things would have happened her (in those places even if she was a nice lady, still just is not safe for a lady to go wandering around the wilderness like that - but talking to people like that? blew my mind).

  13. #138
    Gamers local 2112
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    569
    Never seen her, usually out there in the AM. The most sound advice that has been said here is to not say anything and move on.

    Do I care if someone is pissed at me?

    No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    Am I out there to set the record straight?

    No. No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    Are we going to all come together in some hippie tra-la-la nonsense?

    No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    I've been in confrontations with horse people, runners, hikers, and other bikers. Just the other week I was told to slow down by another cyclist. You want understanding, sure we all do, but it is simply not worth your time. Just get upset over something that you can't control.

  14. #139
    Pixie Dust Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by rev106 View Post
    Never seen her, usually out there in the AM. The most sound advice that has been said here is to not say anything and move on.

    Do I care if someone is pissed at me?

    No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    Am I out there to set the record straight?

    No. No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    Are we going to all come together in some hippie tra-la-la nonsense?

    No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    I've been in confrontations with horse people, runners, hikers, and other bikers. Just the other week I was told to slow down by another cyclist. You want understanding, sure we all do, but it is simply not worth your time. Just get upset over something that you can't control.
    So what you're saying is that only your experience counts? Nice. And this is why people organize and complain about mountain bikers and trail access gets threatened. You might want to think a little bit about the consequences of your actions.

  15. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,674

    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)

    Quote Originally Posted by rev106 View Post
    Never seen her, usually out there in the AM. The most sound advice that has been said here is to not say anything and move on.

    Do I care if someone is pissed at me?

    No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    Am I out there to set the record straight?

    No. No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    Are we going to all come together in some hippie tra-la-la nonsense?

    No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    I've been in confrontations with horse people, runners, hikers, and other bikers. Just the other week I was told to slow down by another cyclist. You want understanding, sure we all do, but it is simply not worth your time. Just get upset over something that you can't control.
    I don't know you, per se, but I imagine this is very much the worldview of a complete and utter a-hole.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

  16. #141
    Gamers local 2112
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    569
    NO tard face, that is not what I meant, but you can read it that way if you want. I'm not out there to change anyone's mind. I'm not on a crusade, in fact the less people on trails the better, this includes other cyclists. People will not like what you do even if you're being nice as was seen and viewed in the video that was posted. So don't bother. And thanks "dad" I've given it a lot of thought and I'm not doing anything wrong (was that implied? no.), not looking for a confrontation with this lady like some people on here espoused to be doing.

  17. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,792
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough View Post
    So what you're saying is that only your experience counts? Nice. And this is why people organize and complain about mountain bikers and trail access gets threatened. You might want to think a little bit about the consequences of your actions.
    Where did you get that from? Like he said, the best thing to do is absolutely nothing and just go about your riding. These types of people are looking to get a rise out of you. It really chaps their ass when you just ignore them. And there's nothing better then chapin' some dumb ass when you have done nothing wrong. It's one of life's simple pleasures!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  18. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PerfectZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by rev106 View Post
    Do I care if someone is pissed at me?

    No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    Am I out there to set the record straight?

    No. No. I'm having fun riding my bike.

    Are we going to all come together in some hippie tra-la-la nonsense?

    No. I'm having fun riding my bike.
    lol nice little jingle.
    definite malingerer

  19. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Where did you get that from? Like he said, the best thing to do is absolutely nothing and just go about your riding. These types of people are looking to get a rise out of you. It really chaps their ass when you just ignore them. And there's nothing better then chapin' some dumb ass when you have done nothing wrong. It's one of life's simple pleasures!
    It really is nice when you can afford the luxury of ignoring them. But that luxury disappears when you find out that those same haters have gotten some serious leverage over the authorities who control access to the trails you ride, while your'e just ignoring them. When they close those trails to bikes, and armed rangers begin ticketing you, do you just ignore them, too?

    That's when the reality hits you square in the face, and I don't think that you or anybody else here would be able to 'just ignore them'.
    In case you hadn't guessed, once those people whose threats you just ignored have succeeded in getting you banned from using the trails, it ain't that easy to get them opened back up again.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  20. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,792
    In case you haven't read the thread, we aren't talking about people who are getting us banned from the trails. We are talking, here, about one crazy ass ***** on a horse.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  21. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gerth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    379
    There was a time if you had an automobile you had to pull over and shut it down for the horse to pass. As in this old law from Pennsylvania. " If a motorist sees a horse coming down the road, the driver must pull off to the side of the road and cover the vehicle with canvas. If the horse is still scared the driver must get out of his car and take it apart until the horse isn't scared any more."

    Can you imagine that?!?! Lol fortunately here in CT where I live we don't see to many horses on the trails but we do see dogs that will give chase cause their owner feels the dog should be free. Went hiking yesterday with the GF cause she doesn't ride a bike and we came face to face with a very agitated Akita . Luckily the owner wasn't too far behind cause I'd of shot it if it attacked me or the GF
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

  22. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    In case you haven't read the thread, we aren't talking about people who are getting us banned from the trails. We are talking, here, about one crazy ass ***** on a horse.
    My bad. In my case, I tend to assume that crazy ass **** on horses are also the usual suspects behind getting bikes banned from trails, when they're not busy being crazy-assed *****. It's certainly the case where I live and ride.

    Do you assume that they are not?
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  23. #148
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    In case you haven't read the thread, we aren't talking about people who are getting us banned from the trails. We are talking, here, about one crazy ass ***** on a horse.
    I can't believe I'm going to say this (and it pains me to do so) . . . but I agree with MCS. This thread is not the place to debate trail access issues. This thread is about a lunatic on a horse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    My bad. In my case, I tend to assume that crazy ass **** on horses are also the usual suspects behind getting bikes banned from trails, when they're not busy being crazy-assed *****. It's certainly the case where I live and ride.

    Do you assume that they are not?
    I DO agree with you that these are the same people who are often involved with revoking trail access to user-groups such as bikers. However, thats not what's happening in this thread, and I've never heard any such notion mentioned that this is a possibility in Sullivan.

    Lets ALSO remember what El Salt has said about the investigation . . . a) its on going and b) the authorities have a link to this thread. Whether or not they use the information is beyond me. But lets not derail this thread and get carried away from the main point - which is keeping unstable people off the trails.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  24. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to say this (and it pains me to do so) . . . but I agree with MCS. This thread is not the place to debate trail access issues. This thread is about a lunatic on a horse.



    I DO agree with you that these are the same people who are often involved with revoking trail access to user-groups such as bikers. However, thats not what's happening in this thread, and I've never heard any such notion mentioned that this is a possibility in Sullivan.

    Lets ALSO remember what El Salt has said about the investigation . . . a) its on going and b) the authorities have a link to this thread. Whether or not they use the information is beyond me. But lets not derail this thread and get carried away from the main point - which is keeping unstable people off the trails.
    OK, I get your points, guys. I have a tendency to conflate one thing with another. Not quite paranoia, but close......
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  25. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    My bad. In my case, I tend to assume that crazy ass **** on horses are also the usual suspects behind getting bikes banned from trails, when they're not busy being crazy-assed *****. It's certainly the case where I live and ride.

    Do you assume that they are not?
    Not in this case, but I see your point.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •