Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I had an encounter with her about 4 months ago on horse trail. The usual screaming, galloping and turning her horse around trying to get it to kick, just like everyone has already documented. Same white horse too. I managed to get around her & she couldn't catch me, but she does seem 100% insane. So the DA is just going to wait until she actually hurts someone?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Someone should remind her that in as much as she likes to ride horseback, she won't get to so it while in prison and that if a biker is injured, she will be the first suspect.

tacos al carbon
    Dec 2009
    Does she still wear the isis dew rag?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbbrad View Post
    I had an encounter with her about 4 months ago on horse trail. The usual screaming, galloping and turning her horse around trying to get it to kick, just like everyone has already documented. Same white horse too. I managed to get around her & she couldn't catch me, but she does seem 100% insane. So the DA is just going to wait until she actually hurts someone?
    Oh, wow. I didn't know that she was doing this regularly. This is concerning.

You should get in touch with El Salt and share your details. Your experience should be documented with the police. The larger her file becomes, the more likely something permanent will be done about it.

Sadly, it really is only a matter of time before she hurts or kills somebody.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Oh, wow. I didn't know that she was doing this regularly. This is concerning.

You should get in touch with El Salt and share your details. Your experience should be documented with the police. The larger her file becomes, the more likely something permanent will be done about it.

Sadly, it really is only a matter of time before she hurts or kills somebody.
    Yeah post her full name, I wanna see if she's on FB!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbbrad View Post
    Its been said here before and I'll say it again . . . if ANYONE encounters similar behavior from this woman, it MUST be reported. If enough people complain, action WILL be taken.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Sooner or later she will mess with the wrong person and they will
    just take her out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Hey all, I'm new here, I came on to get some info on a new bike but had to comment on this thread after reading the whole crazy thing. I grew up on a small new england farm around horses and I'm not sure how many people know but a kick from a horse can most definitely be deadly and easily break bones.

If anyone encounters this woman, do whatever you can to stay away from the back of the horse. So far people have been lucky but at some point this horse will kick and seriously hurt someone if she keeps up her antics.

Another thing to consider, if she charges you face on, is to put your arms out to your sides and look as large as possible. As mentioned earlier, horses in the wild are prey animals with poor vision which contributes to their natural skittish behavior. A larger more imposing object will usually make a horse turn away or stop (if that happens, hopefully she will go head first into the ground over the horses head). We used to use this technique when the horses would get loose. That being said, I've never had to try this when a horse was being ridden at me so I take no responsibility for the results and you should have a backup plan should the horse keep coming. Maybe Mountain Cycle Shawn can share his thoughts on this.

Another thing to consider, doing anything to spook or injure the horse, like air horns, whistles a cattle prod is just plain dangerous not only to the person on the horse but to any innocent bystander who may be down the trail. This ***** should be in a padded cell, but let's give other people the same courtesy we expect from them and deal with it like that guy in the first video.

I also want to say there are a lot of good horse people who are just like us and aren't rich a holes. Some of them make 40k a year and got their horse from a track or aspca rescue program and keep them in cheap do it yourself barns. Like any other group, they get a bad rap by the few a holes who drown out the good ones and didn't learn to share in kindergarten.

I'll step off my soapbox now. Stay safe out there(there's psychos in them there hills)

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
    I also want to say there are a lot of good horse people who are just like us and aren't rich a holes. Some of them make 40k a year and got their horse from a track or aspca rescue program and keep them in cheap do it yourself barns. Like any other group, they get a bad rap by the few a holes who drown out the good ones and didn't learn to share in kindergarten.
    1. Welcome.
    2. We need to be reminded of this from time to time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
    Hey all, I'm new here, I came on to get some info on a new bike but had to comment on this thread after reading the whole crazy thing. I grew up on a small new england farm around horses and I'm not sure how many people know but a kick from a horse can most definitely be deadly and easily break bones.

If anyone encounters this woman, do whatever you can to stay away from the back of the horse. So far people have been lucky but at some point this horse will kick and seriously hurt someone if she keeps up her antics.

Another thing to consider, if she charges you face on, is to put your arms out to your sides and look as large as possible. As mentioned earlier, horses in the wild are prey animals with poor vision which contributes to their natural skittish behavior. A larger more imposing object will usually make a horse turn away or stop (if that happens, hopefully she will go head first into the ground over the horses head). We used to use this technique when the horses would get loose. That being said, I've never had to try this when a horse was being ridden at me so I take no responsibility for the results and you should have a backup plan should the horse keep coming. Maybe Mountain Cycle Shawn can share his thoughts on this.

Another thing to consider, doing anything to spook or injure the horse, like air horns, whistles a cattle prod is just plain dangerous not only to the person on the horse but to any innocent bystander who may be down the trail. This ***** should be in a padded cell, but let's give other people the same courtesy we expect from them and deal with it like that guy in the first video.

I'll step off my soapbox now. Stay safe out there(there's psychos in them there hills)

Yeah, that's all true and make a lot of noise. And horses will run right over you, so be careful of that. Although this horse doesn't seem to want to kick or run anyone over. The horse is inocent in all this.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    Sooner or later she will mess with the wrong person and they will
    just take her out.
    I'd love to, then git her all nekkid and begin siring an army of little bastards!

mtbr member
    I don't know what you guys see in this chick. Seriously, she's not attractive. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I don't know what you guys see in this chick. Seriously, she's not attractive. I guess beggars can't be choosers.
    Offering is not begging. For her, I have d~ck for days and I see she has ass for weeks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Offering is not begging. For her, I have d~ck for days and I see she has ass for weeks.
    The girl will chew your dick off! You have been warned! So don't walk around all dickless and wonder why.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The girl will chew your dick off! You have been warned! So don't walk around all dickless and wonder why.
    Only way that happens is if her kegel is as mean as her horse play.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Only way that happens is if her kegel is as mean as her horse play.
    I said chew not squeez.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I said chew not squeez.
    Not gonna do anything to keep that beautiful voice from barking out orders silly.

banned
    Sep 2010
    I don't don't see her as hot either.

She looks as leathery as that goddam watchband you made in arts & crafts class!

SS Pusher Man
    It's called Keyboard Cowboys
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

banned
    Well that degenerated quickly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    I don't don't see her as hot either.

She looks as leathery as that goddam watchband you made in arts & crafts class!
    I'm glad you like it. I just sold it for enough to buy three Derby rims! And that's minus the watch!

mtbr member
    Let's get back on topic!!

banned
    Sep 2010
    I'm glad you like it. I just sold it for enough to buy three Derby rims! And that's minus the watch!
    Before we get back on the topic, I just gotta say that I hope you sold it to Highdell.

I understand that he is of the artistic ilk, and would be somebody to appreciate your creation.

Plus, I just found out that you guys are pals!

mtbr member
    Not unless he lives in Abu Dhabi. Perhaps I'll create one for him as a goodwill gesture. Yes, he is an artist and I really have nothing against him.

Ok, can we get back to the ***** on the white horse that everyone wants to bend over and **** in the ***?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    HHHMMMM....usually HIPPA is brought up because of a privacy issue. Is it possible they can't explain her situation because of HIPPA? Maybe there's some sort of "treatment center" or other group home in the area that she is a part of? I don't see how HIPPA can stop prosecution in a case, but I could see how it might prevent anyone from telling you more about her or specifically explaining why they wont' prosecute. They probably know what they're dealing with, they just won't/can't tell you.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    So what's the latest on this lady? Anybody know?
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    You must have really been bored last night to go and dig this one up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I ride Sulluvan Canyon from time to time and have not crossed paths with her.

mtbr member
    Last few times I've encountered her on Old Ranch Road, she's been driving a beat-up, old, blue Volvo rather than riding a white horse. She still seems as miserable and hateful as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JimN View Post
    Last few times I've encountered her on Old Ranch Road, she's been driving a beat-up, old, blue Volvo rather than riding a white horse. She still seems as miserable and hateful as ever.

Oh great, so now someone has to start "A Woman in an Old Blue Volvo" thread.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Beer Please! SuperModerator
    nope, they can just keep posting in this one.... ;-) I can always change the name of the thread if it is really needed....
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Forum Posting Rules
    e-bike sub-forum rules

mtbr member
    The Gas company is there working on all of Sullivan. I don't think you will see her for quite sometime at least while they are working. You can still ride it, they won't block it any longer, but it's super loose and no single track left, mostly all fire road unless you take the side shoots...
    GGR Girl Wendy E

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider127 View Post
    Thank you for taking one for the team sir..
    Not a problem! She was actually pretty attractive 20 years ago.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GGR Girl Wendy View Post
    The Gas company is there working on all of Sullivan. I don't think you will see her for quite sometime at least while they are working. You can still ride it, they won't block it any longer, but it's super loose and no single track left, mostly all fire road unless you take the side shoots...
    The Gas Company is back in there working again? Now what are they doing?!

b a n n e d
    Seriously . . . they decimated it about 2 years ago already. It came back relatively quickly, but some of the most fun bits were wiped out.

I guess its kind of like a chalkboard in there . . .

mtbr member
    I guess I was super bored, I can't believe I read this whole thing but started so good.. but it went from beatch on a white horse to MILF (to some) in a white horse. LOL!
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I guess I was super bored, I can't believe I read this whole thing but started so good.. but it went from beatch on a white horse to MILF (to some) in a white horse. LOL!
    You skimmed the blue Volvo part?
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Quote Originally Posted by klurejr View Post
    nope, they can just keep posting in this one.... ;-) i can always change the name of the thread if it is really needed....
    lol
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    You skimmed the blue Volvo part?
    Geez! You're the one that resurrected this damn thread. I was just answering the mail with some truthful information. Would you have preferred "she's still patrolling the Sullivan Canyon Open Space and areas around Old Ranch Road and Old Oak Road, although her form of conveyance has shifted from equine to diesel powered automobile"?

mtbr member
    This thread is hilarious sometimes.

Geez! You're the one that resurrected this damn thread. I was just answering the mail with some truthful information. Would you have preferred "she's still patrolling the Sullivan Canyon Open Space and areas around Old Ranch Road and Old Oak Road, although her form of conveyance has shifted from equine to diesel powered automobile"?
    It sounds like she hasn't tried to run over you? That's an improvement on her part. It's probably not quite as fun to chase bikers down in an old slow accelerating smokey automobile.

I saw her about two years ago on the steep paved road coming out of the canyon. We were going opposite directions she was friendly enough. She was starring at me, so I was getting ready for some sort of confrontation, but she said hi back to me while smiling/smirking and we each went our own way.
    Last edited by kdiff; 11-10-2015 at 11:27 AM.

mtbr member
    LOL
    Damn dude chill out. We now have 50 + Years Old forum to vent your constipation.

The resurrection was all in good fun. I find it funny how a thread like this can be reborn and new blood comes in with difference of opinion.
    Ha! I realize it was in good fun. This thread will live on as long as this forum exists.

I wasn't aware of the 50+ Years Old forum. Apparently I'm qualified, being that I just turned 50 last month. I'll go check in with the other grumpy old folks for a while.

Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Guys, keep it clean, no talk about having sex with people or body parts discussions please.

Carry on.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Forum Posting Rules
    e-bike sub-forum rules

Ha! I realize it was in good fun. This thread will live on as long as this forum exists.

I wasn't aware of the 50+ Years Old forum. Apparently I'm qualified, being that I just turned 50 last month. I'll go check in with the other grumpy old folks for a while.
    Oh it's a barrel of fun over there.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    The part by Queensferry?

I was there three weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Guys, keep it clean, no talk about having sex with people or body parts discussions please.

Carry on.
    It didn't happen on the trail and all body parts stayed connected!

b a n n e d
    Yup, sponsored by AARP! Now get off my lawn.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Yup, sponsored by AARP! Now get off my lawn.
    LOL! Hey, thanks again for celebrating my big 50 with us on some Vegas singletrack. It was a fun weekend. Loved the new and improved route up the alluvial fan in Cottonwood.

My arm hurts a little
    Original guy really screwed up.

Should of asked for a tandem ride with her on her horse. Just mack on her hardcore.

Had a horse rear up on me once on trail. Nwas not a fun time.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

mtbr member
    Yes they have made all of Sully a fire road now from the top to the bottom. They are moving a ton of huge rocks...not sure why, they have opened up another side fire road too from the 2nd cement slab on the way down on the left.
    GGR Girl Wendy E

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GGR Girl Wendy View Post
    Yes they have made all of Sully a fire road now from the top to the bottom. They are moving a ton of huge rocks...not sure why, they have opened up another side fire road too from the 2nd cement slab on the way down on the left.
    So is all the side single track stuff gone? I was just there last weekend and had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robncircus View Post
    So is all the side single track stuff gone? I was just there last weekend and had a great time.

Nope, all the side single tracks are still there. The main trail, now a fire road, is extremely loose. I've never seen it this loose. Watch your speed! And the bull dozer/tractor has dropped some of the rocks at the top section when you drop in, so be careful. Hopefully they will at least smooth it out at some point. The staff is very friendly too, and will keep all of Sully open while they are doing what they need to do. I'm hoping all will still be kind and respectful. The Gas Company owns all of Sully and are nice enough to let us ride it. They can take that away from us at any time.
    GGR Girl Wendy E

Quote Originally Posted by DieselvRR View Post
    Can't believe I just read every post on this thread, and still don't know what happened with the lady on the horse.

She's in a blue Volvo now.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robncircus View Post

I honestly hope the singletrack isn't all gone. That would mean the wooden bridges are gone too . If that place got graded...it's gotta be crazy dusty over there. I was there three weeks ago and the dust was so fine...it went through the vents in my shoes and through my socks. My toes looked like I walked barefoot through the dirt.

I've never seen anybody on a horse down there.

Bannėd
    She's in a blue Volvo now.
    Think I saw her the other day so I asked her if I could snap a picture.. Not as bad as people make her out to be.

the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ochmonek View Post
    Think I saw her the other day so I asked her if I could snap a picture.. Not as bad as people make her out to be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	1028399

If that's her I'd take the abuse the OP took upon the white horse encounter.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

tacos al carbon
    Dec 2009

Good/bad lighting effect??

...hmm lighting on the trail must've been bipolar too?

My other ride
    Skipped most of the thread, just the first and last couple pages.

Just want to post to remind people that the horse is a victim here to. Doing anything to harm the horse in order to get back at the owner is as ***** of a move as kicking a dog because you don't like the owner.

There are some pretty ******* horse people out there, a lot unjustified. I just went to a community event in support of a proposed MTB event and had to hear most of the horse people talk about the evil mountain bikers.

I have two formerly abused horses. They don't choose their owners or caretakers. My horse is frightened by nearly everything and you can barely touch his head because who ever had him before beat him into submission to perform better.

I don't take kindly to people who attack animals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    Skipped most of the thread, just the first and last couple pages.

Just want to post to remind people that the horse is a victim here to. Doing anything to harm the horse in order to get back at the owner is as ***** of a move as kicking a dog because you don't like the owner.

There are some pretty ******* horse people out there, a lot unjustified. I just went to a community event in support of a proposed MTB event and had to hear most of the horse people talk about the evil mountain bikers.

I have two formerly abused horses. They don't choose their owners or caretakers. My horse is frightened by nearly everything and you can barely touch his head because who ever had him before beat him into submission to perform better.

I don't take kindly to people who attack animals.
    Totally agree with the sentiment, though it's not too reassuring to consider that I might be sharing the trail with an animal so abused it probably has PTSD.

My other ride
    Pro tip: If you see a horse with a ribbon tied to the tail, that horse likes to kick.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    Totally agree with the sentiment, though it's not too reassuring to consider that I might be sharing the trail with an animal so abused it probably has PTSD.
    Horses are prey animals, their instincts strongly weigh on the flight end of "flight or fight". Kicking is a last resort. A horse well only charge you if:
    A. Fleeing is not an option.
    B. The rider physically forced it (very hard to force a 1000 pound animal to do anything).
    C. Is wild and protecting a herd (still unlikely).

You have to spend countless hours training a horse to charge into danger. Something that very few people have the time to do.

When mine gets scared he tries to turn and run. If I can't calm him down then I dismount and hand walk him. I want to build trust with him (several years later, it is starting to work). Last time we were down in the Santa Ana river at night and he heard rustling in the bushes, he just wanted to get the hell out of there.

A dog is a predator, so a dog with PTSD nay just attack with little provocation. Totally the opposite of a horse. Just think off a deer, are they more likely or less likely to attack you?

mtbr member
    I grew up riding horses, though haven't trained them like you. I'm not worried about being kicked so much as a spooked horse and an inexperienced rider in tight quarters. That said, 99% of my encounters with horses have been positive, and I go out of my way to keep 'me that way.

mtbr member
    +100% with all that!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor ochmonek View Post
    think i saw her the other day so i asked her if i could snap a picture.. Not as bad as people make her out to be.

2xidb!

When my bike gets scared he tries to turn and run. If I can't calm him down then I dismount and hand walk him. I want to build trust with him (several years later, it is starting to work)
    Same here.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    When my bike gets scared he tries to turn and run. If I can't calm him down then I dismount
    and hand walk him. I want to build trust with him (several years later, it is starting to work

Lmao , mine too!
    " I don't ride park"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ochmonek View Post

Nice baby blue Volvo you got there!

My other ride
    Same here.
    Ha Ha, I had to go back and see what I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    I grew up riding horses, though haven't trained them like you. I'm not worried about being kicked so much as a spooked horse and an inexperienced rider in tight quarters. That said, 99% of my encounters with horses have been positive, and I go out of my way to keep 'me that way.
    Oh, I'm not a trainer. I am not some dog or horse "whisperer" or some shit, but I do naturally have a pretty good natural understanding off animal behavior which had served me well over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelchef67 View Post
    When my bike gets scared he tries to turn and run. If I can't calm him down then I dismount
    and hand walk him. I want to build trust with him (several years later, it is starting to work

Lmao , mine too!
    Ha Ha, I had to go back and see what I posted.

Oh, I'm not a trainer. I am not some dog or horse "whisperer" or some shit, but I do naturally have a pretty good natural understanding off animal behavior which had served me well over the years.
    I don't think Reelchef67 caught what I did.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Yup I did
    " I don't ride park"

Quote Originally Posted by Reelchef67 View Post
    Yup I did
    Oh sorry.