Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I know this thread is old, but every time she threatens you or takes aggressive action w/ her horse she needs to be reported to the rangers. The video is perfect evidence to start this process. If the rangers receive enough complaints she will absolutely get a visit from them for harassing and endangering mountain bikers on a multi-use trail.

Team Fearless Descender
    Stay tuned, there has been (July 4, 2013) some major action regarding this women, horses (BTW, she does not own the white horse), the LAPD and a physical "battery" along with a life threatening verbal threat made against a cyclist, all witnessed by other (non-cyclists) trail users as well as video of the incident(s) I can not say more at the moment, because this is only two days old, and the LAPD detectives have just begun their investigation. But, I promise to post more once I can.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    Stay tuned, there has been (July 4, 2013) some major action regarding this women, horses (BTW, she does not own the white horse), the LAPD and a physical "battery" along with a life threatening verbal threat made against a cyclist, all witnessed by other (non-cyclists) trail users as well as video of the incident(s) I can not say more at the moment, because this is only two days old, and the LAPD detectives have just begun their investigation. But, I promise to post more once I can.
    Interesting. She gave me a hard time last Sunday right at the bottom of squirrel cage.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yes!...(Grabs popcorn)

Team Fearless Descender
    Again, I can't say any more, as the LAPD has the link to this thread, and I am involved in the case. But I wanted others that ride in this area to know that things really came to a head on Thurs. The best outcome is that this woman is barred from trails in the SM's, and that she gets the help that she obviously needs. I do promise to post more when I feel I legally can.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    It kinda figgers that she would lose it on July 4th.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    She'll just get more aggressive. It's just a matter of time before she goes from really stupid, to really really stupid, and someone gets hurt. If I took that video, I wouldn't bother with the ranger, he/she can't do anything. I'd take it to the local sheriff or PD.
    Again, I can't say any more, as the LAPD has the link to this thread, and I am involved in the case. But I wanted others that ride in this area to know that things really came to a head on Thurs. The best outcome is that this woman is barred from trails in the SM's, and that she gets the help that she obviously needs. I do promise to post more when I feel I legally can.

I'm surprised it took this long. The best outcome would be spending some time behind bars and getting some help.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Wow is this true?

Judge should give her a shovel + wheelbarrow to clean hs from SM trails

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Wow is this true?

Judge should give her a shovel + wheelbarrow to clean hs from SM trails
    I doubt if the Judge will impose such a demeaning penalty on her. After all, she is a member of a Higher Class of citizen than the bicycle riding trash....Judges tend to take one's Station in life in account when they mete out "justice".
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    She might get what she deserves this time if not more, threatening somebody's life from horseback and actual battery.. Would the horse be considered a deadly weapon similar to threatening somebody from an automobile?

official eMpTyBRain
    We rode through "her territory" the weekend before last but we did not see her.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

No Stranger to danger....
    The best result would be if she was tied between 4 draught horses and had her arms and legs pulled off in front of heaps of mountain bikers that have donated to charity to watch he being de-limbed.
    Id travel to the states for that for sure.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    The best result would be if she was tied between 4 draught horses and had her arms and legs pulled off in front of heaps of mountain bikers that have donated to charity to watch he being de-limbed.
    Id travel to the states for that for sure.
    Tone's in So Cal?! I'm calling the National Guard!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    People like this are too stupid to learn. Once she has a case on her, next incident, absent any other witnesses, she'll be assumed to be the aggressor.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    This is a great reminder for everybody that rides in "hostile territory" to bring along a camera/cell phone to catch kooks in the act.

I hope that chick gets smited. Smited hard...
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    This is a great reminder for everybody that rides in "hostile territory" to bring along a camera/cell phone to catch kooks in the act.

I hope that chick gets smited.
    Smited is such a great term. Holy Retribution indeed.

And yes, always having a device to record interactions is a good idea.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

b a n n e d
    I can't wait to hear how this turns out . . . .
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I can't wait to hear how this turns out . . . .
    Was that her that we passed going down the pavement on the left? Remember that lady with a white horse in the stable?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Was that her that we passed going down the pavement on the left? Remember that lady with a white horse in the stable?
    I believe so, yes.

official eMpTyBRain
    I believe so, yes.
    Wasn't she kinda hawt looking?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Wasn't she kinda hawt looking?
    Maybe if you like turtles she is?

official eMpTyBRain
    Maybe if you like turtles she is?
    That must be it. I guess she reminded me of a turtle.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm pretty sure I saw part of this. My friend and I had just come down into Sullivan Canyon from Squirrel Cage when some hikers heading from further up the canyon told us about some confrontation happening between two bikers and a lady on a horse. It was a pretty busy time (around noonish) with lots of other trail users, mostly hikers.

Next thing I know, there is a ton of commotion coming from up the canyon. Some woman was on a white horse and also had another horse (brown I think) with her, at a full gallop, chasing down two bikers. That lady is crazy in a Lindsay Lohan way -- maybe kind of hot, but you really don't want to be around her. Her eyes were bulging out of her head, and she kept goading the horses on, screaming at the top of her lungs, "HHOOOOO! HOOOOOOOO! HOOOOOOO!" over and over again.

My friend and I jumped off the trail as fast as we could, and pretty much ended up in the bushes. One of the hikers near us immediately tried calling 911, but could not get reception. Fortunately, it sounds like someone else was able to get in touch with the police.

Afterwards, we spoke with a couple of other hikers and we got snippets of what happened. I still don't really know what the precipitating events were, but trying to run down bikers with two horses while endangering everyone else on the trail (like I said, it was a busy day) was probably uncalled for. I'm thinking maybe if those bikers cut out the heart of the woman's puppy in front of her, then it might be okay to do what she did.

As for those two riders - whoever you are, you looked like you were keeping your cool. I don't know if I would have been as calm with two horses chasing me. You guys definitely looked liked you were handling the situation as well as possible.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Dear Peons,

I would like to apologize for almost trampling ya'll, but gluestix (that's my horsie) and me just watched the preview special screening of the Lone Ranger!

Next thing you know, we are in this canyon full of colorful targets, and well, the rest is history.

PS thank you for all the debates we have had over the last few months.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast