Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    the rider in that video is always like that I ride with him (not in that video) and that's just the way he is.

yeah i dont know if horses are allowed up that single track just before you see the witch, even a horse and a hiker would have a really tough time passing each other, some parts very narrow with 20 foot dropoff.

im so glad someone posted that video. Everything on the internet is exaggerated 10 times (even this is an exaggeration of my non exaggeration). But this time its not.

Can't wait to run into her again, I'm going to post a good video, going to ask her if she knows she could be up for manslaughter if someone trying to dodge her horse poo on the trail wipes out and breaks their neck in doing so.
    Please do and while your at it please be sure to ask her if her horse registration is up to date. I read recently that almost 80% of the horses in California are not properly registered. Ask to see her animals papers. You are well within your rights to do so to make sure her horse is properly vaccinated seeing as how it is pooping all over the place. Better yet next time she starts to lecture you just drop your shorts and pinch a loaf on the trail. If she gets upset just point out that her horse does it all the time.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    Please do and while your at it please be sure to ask her if her horse registration is up to date. I read recently that almost 80% of the horses in California are not properly registered. Ask to see her animals papers. You are well within your rights to do so to make sure her horse is properly vaccinated seeing as how it is pooping all over the place. Better yet next time she starts to lecture you just drop your shorts and pinch a loaf on the trail. If she gets upset just point out that her horse does it all the time.
    I'm pretty sure horses don't have to be registered anywhere. The only time people register horses is with a certain group, like if there horses is a pure bred, then it would be registered with that breeds official organization.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Beer Please!
    As far as I can find (google) you only need to register for sales and shows, not to ride in public:
    CDFA > AHFSS > AHB > Equine Medication Monitoring Program
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I'm pretty sure horses don't have to be registered anywhere. The only time people register horses is with a certain group, like if there horses is a pure bred, then it would be registered with that breeds official organization.
    There is a requirement for an equine license in the city of Los Angeles. Municipal code Section 53.15.1. There may be others, but I didn't do a thorough search.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noish View Post
    http://http://www.pinkbike.com/video/281816/

Here is a video of this psychotic lady. Cross post on pinkbike about her. My wife had the pleasure of experiencing her today in the Sullivan Ridge area.
    Unbelievable - that trail looks AWESOME but I couldn't believe the lady. I'm cool & calm, and a nice person in general (especially if i'm enjoying nature on my day off) but if this lady would have said anything like this to me, I probably would have said something mean. I don't have any patience for ignorant BS!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    There is a requirement for an equine license in the city of Los Angeles.
    Doesn't surprise me, Los Angeles is serious Business.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, Los Angeles is serious Business.
    Well I'm not sure how "serious" they are when the license is $14 and the "fine" for non-compliance is $5

Though I wager that as with dogs, there are requirements for proof of vaccination, etc. which may get costly.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    the game city of LA plays is they never notify you of anything

they will claim you should have received X twice by mail (which you don't) and by that point you are with collections. So it will be $5 + $100 something in other fees by then.

awesome.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Fyi my wife (she rides a singlespeed black cat) saw the lady on a white horse after she hit a recreational biker (ie 1980's trek with goofy bar ends) on the paved part of sullivan fire road just after the first gate before the haunted house. For some reason they painted an outline of the victim on the road. There was an ambulance there and the guy just had skinned up knees. Anyone know more about this incident? Was probably in October or November.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by noish View Post
    Fyi my wife (she rides a singlespeed black cat) saw the lady on a white horse after she hit a recreational biker (ie 1980's trek with goofy bar ends) on the paved part of sullivan fire road just after the first gate before the haunted house. For some reason they painted an outline of the victim on the road. There was an ambulance there and the guy just had skinned up knees. Anyone know more about this incident? Was probably in October or November.
    Wait, you are saying that the woman on the horse hit the biker?

I do recall a few months ago that a cyclist was hit by a car on sullivan ridge . . . might that be the same incident? It wasn't that long ago.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads-up. I can't wait to have the pleasure of meeting her.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    First off she is not a lady, second she needs
    to go to jail. Last but not least, some day she
    will run into the wrong person and get what
    she really needs , her ass beat.

mtbr member
    LMFAO!!!

John, thank you for saying what I was thinking! (Though, I am not sure if it needed to be said.)

Beer Please!
    Wait, you are saying that the woman on the horse hit the biker?

I do recall a few months ago that a cyclist was hit by a car on sullivan ridge . . . might that be the same incident? It wasn't that long ago.

Yeah i would like to know more about this as well....
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    First, wait... there's a haunted house on the ridge?

Second, I can't imagine running into a horse on Squirrel Cage... I ran into some bikers coming up (do people actually ascend Squirrel Cage btw?) as I was descending last week and had to hike-a-bike around them.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by stencil View Post
    First, wait... there's a haunted house on the ridge?

Second, I can't imagine running into a horse on Squirrel Cage... I ran into some bikers coming up (do people actually ascend Squirrel Cage btw?) as I was descending last week and had to hike-a-bike around them.
    The old Nazi camp. Here's the entrance:

And I think most folks head down squirrel cage.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The old Nazi camp. Here's the entrance:

And I think most folks head down squirrel cage.
    Ahh, I heard about this. How did I miss it on Sullivan Ridge though? So if I'm coming down from above, say from Jedi or the fire road, is this before Squirrel Cage or after?

b a n n e d
    Coming down the ridge, its way after . . . its closer to the bottom. If you were taking the ridge down and dumped into the canyon via Squirrel Cage, you'd miss this.

The Road Warrior
    I've ridden over there lots of time, and even though I haven't seen the crazy horse woman, there is a similarly moronic woman that takes her guard dogs for walks along the entrance road to that fire trail from Capri --> Sullivan Canyon Fire Road.

She purposefully let her dogs slip on the leash as I was riding by, and they almost took my leg off.

So, FYI, if you see two german shepherds on a leash with some ditzy looking blonde 50'ish woman, don't call out and say that you're going to pass by. Just find another way around.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LandSpeed View Post
    She purposefully let her dogs slip on the leash as I was riding by, and they almost took my leg off.
    Bear spray.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Saw the crazy lady on the white horse again. She was on the steep paved road coming up out of sullivan canyon. Again, paved road, 40 feet wide. She was super nervous and could hardly control her horse as I rode around about 30 feet from her, slowly climbing the hill. I think she is truly a public danger - either she does not have the skills to control her horse or her horse does not belong on public trails. Either way she does not belong out there, and with the amount of use that trail gets, it's only a matter of time until she hits someone again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Gawd I'm so tired of all the mentally disturbed people wandering around Sulli...
    Some woman with her dog on Horse trail the other day began yelling the usual 'trespassing...kill somebody' stuff at me. Questions like "If its private property, why are you here? Why are the property fences on either side of the trail? Why is there no fence/gate/sign at the entrance to keep people out?" all met with zero response, just more ranting about me killing somebody.
    I told her I'd been riding 15 years & had never hurt/hit anyone, although I had been bitten several times by off-leash dogs, just like hers was.
    I don't think she heard a word I said. Just kept spewing her BS in a VERY antagonistic way. Like someone else said, sooner or later one of these nut-bags is gonna mess with the wrong person and its not going to be pretty. And I for one will have a very hard time feeling sorry for them when that happens...

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbbrad View Post
    Gawd I'm so tired of all the mentally disturbed people wandering around Sulli...
    Some woman with her dog on Horse trail the other day began yelling the usual 'trespassing...kill somebody' stuff at me. Questions like "If its private property, why are you here? Why are the property fences on either side of the trail? Why is there no fence/gate/sign at the entrance to keep people out?" all met with zero response, just more ranting about me killing somebody.
    I told her I'd been riding 15 years & had never hurt/hit anyone, although I had been bitten several times by off-leash dogs, just like hers was.
    I don't think she heard a word I said. Just kept spewing her BS in a VERY antagonistic way. Like someone else said, sooner or later one of these nut-bags is gonna mess with the wrong person and its not going to be pretty. And I for one will have a very hard time feeling sorry for them when that happens...
    This is pretty much why I'll only ride Sulli Canyon and HT at night anymore . . . that and its a whole lot more fun to bomb down the canyon at max speed

mtbr member
    This is pretty much why I'll only ride Sulli Canyon and HT at night anymore . . . that and its a whole lot more fun to bomb down the canyon at max speed
    Don't let these loons keep you off the trail. The point in them acting like that is to make you not want to be there. The best thing you can do is act like you don't notice them and keep riding. At the very most, give them the single finger international peace sign, don't say anything and keep riding.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Don't let these loons keep you off the trail. The point in them acting like that is to make you not want to be there. The best thing you can do is act like you don't notice them and keep riding. At the very most, give them the single finger international peace sign, don't say anything and keep riding.

haha love it, the single finger coalition. it's about time santa monica area bikers started proactively fighting for our right to party, it seems like every other riding community has an organization to handle and mitigate some of the issues we have. before moving to santa monica i lived in aliso viejo and the riding community there was instrumental in getting trails opened, doing trail maintenance, and basically handling trail conflicts.
    nothing witty here...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast