Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    No, you don't understand, everyone needs to be protected from her. How is everyone going to get a restraining order?
    I do understand. The more people she threatens assaults, the easier it will be to get restraining orders against her, up to the point where criminal charges will become more or less unavoidable.
    Maybe the authorities will confiscate her saddles, along with her guns!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Maybe it would be a good idea if you guys made a deal with her in an effort to avoid/respect each others space....

Start a new thread here and have her participate. When she is gonna go out and ride, she can post it up as a warning. When you guys are gonna go out and ride, you can post it up as a warning. Seems fair to me.
    How does it seem fair that everyone in the area has to accommodate ONE woman who is unwilling to accept others on the trail? Its sure sounds like the only one not willing to respect others space is her... and if thats the case, NOTHING should be done to accommodate her.

I really want to see the video of the incident involving this loon..
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member
    Maybe it would be a good idea if you guys made a deal with her in an effort to avoid/respect each others space....

Start a new thread here and have her participate. When she is gonna go out and ride, she can post it up as a warning. When you guys are gonna go out and ride, you can post it up as a warning. Seems fair to me.
    You are kidding right? She would just love that. The trails all to herself, with no mountain bikers. Are hikers also banned? She would probably post that she is riding 24/7, so she could have the whole park to herself.

This kind of thinking reminds me of schools that don't want give any recognition to kids that perform well in school. Because the feelings are hurt of those that don't perform well. Or schools that don't use red ink to grade papers because it bothers the students. Unbelievable way of thinking!!

Next thing you know, you're going to want us to apologize to her, because all of us didn't know that she was a nutcase and that we should have been sensitive to her condition.

Dude, you need to turn in your mountain bike right now and go cozy up with the lady on the white horse!

Im so disgusted right now!

Beer Please! SuperModerator
    You are kidding right? She would just love that. The trails all to herself, with no mountain bikers. Are hikers also banned? She would probably post that she is riding 24/7, so she could have the whole park to herself.

This kind of thinking reminds me of schools that don't want give any recognition to kids that perform well in school. Because the feelings are hurt of those that don't perform well. Or schools that don't use red ink to grade papers because it bothers the students. Unbelievable way of thinking!!

Next thing you know, you're going to want us to apologize to her, because all of us didn't know that she was a nutcase and that we should have been sensitive to her condition.

Dude, you need to turn in your mountain bike right now and go cozy up with the lady on the white horse!

I am pretty sure Hawg was being sarcastic.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Forum Posting Rules
    e-bike sub-forum rules

Binned
    Nov 2008

The other day I went for a nice trail ride on my bike and then a nice trail ride on a horse. I must be insane, huh?

Shawn try not to HATE...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    I am pretty sure Hawg was being sarcastic.
    I sure hope so.

The other day I went for a nice trail ride on my bike and then a nice trail ride on a horse. I must be insane, huh?

Shawn try not to HATE...
    I didn't say anything about you being insane. In fact, I train horses. But, when I ride horses, I do it on private property, so I usually don't have to deal with other people. I have to get on a four year old for the first time, here in a couple weeks. I'm a little nervous about it. But, I expect it to go well, as it always has.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    I sure hope so.

I didn't say anything about you being insane. In fact, I train horses. But, when I ride horses, I do it on private property, so I usually don't have to deal with other people. I have to get on a four year old for the first time, here in a couple weeks. I'm a little nervous about it. But, I expect it to go well, as it always has.
    There is a "lady on the white horse " in every community where different types of trail users meet. I've seen the lady on the white horse myself and we've passed each other w/o incident. She even thanked me for slowing down to allow her to pass, so she can be reasoned with. Perhaps the victims here caught her on a bad day? We all snap, periodically.

I'm not defending anyone here. I was just trying to make a peaceful suggestion that might possibly create a balance for all trail users. I was half joking with my suggestion, and half serious. I doubt that she is going to go away since she lives right there so figure out something that works for everyone. It's that simple.

mtbr member
    umm
    We all snap, periodically.

no, we all don't snap, especially periodically.

figure out something that works for everyone.

A mental institution. Actually, as part of her plea or sentence, she should be a banned from the park for three years. That would give her some time to think about her behavior.

mtbr member
    How about trapping her and relocating her to another area? Kind of like what the Forest Service does with bad bears.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Econoline View Post
    How about trapping her and relocating her to another area? Kind of like what the Forest Service does with bad bears.
    Good thought but the darn bears keep returning no matter how far you take them away. We've got one that's returned 3 times now and each time Fish & game takes it a little bit farther away.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    umm
    Sounds like hatred to me.

Always so much anger in you.

mtbr member
    I wonder if honey and bacon would work as in the case of Meatball.
    buzzes like a fridge

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    I wonder if honey and bacon would work as in the case of Meatball.
    You might find me on the trap if you use those things as bait.

mtbr member
    I heard she's kinda Cougarish, so that may work.

Good thought but the darn bears keep returning no matter how far you take them away. We've got one that's returned 3 times now and each time Fish & game takes it a little bit farther away.
    On second thought, you might be right. I had this cougar when I was 18. And like you said, she just kept coming back for more.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SandSpur View Post
    How does it seem fair that everyone in the area has to accommodate ONE woman who is unwilling to accept others on the trail? Its sure sounds like the only one not willing to respect others space is her... and if thats the case, NOTHING should be done to accommodate her.

Of course, this is not fair, not at all, unless you buy into the wealth = privilege and power thing, which we all know is a falsehood in America........oh, wait.....

Binned
    Nov 2008

Over the past 12 months, I have passed by 20 (most likely more) dick head, inconsiderate, azzhole mountain bikers for every one of the same horse riders. That is an honest, an modest estimate. There are rotten apples everywhere, not just in Sully Cyn on the back of a white horse.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Over the past 12 months, I have passed by 20 (most likely more) dick head, inconsiderate, azzhole mountain bikers for every one of the same horse riders. That is an honest, an modest estimate. There are rotten apples everywhere, not just in Sully Cyn on the back of a white horse.
    Strava made them do it!

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    Strava made them do it!
    Agreed, 100%!

banned
    Sep 2010
    Agreed, 100%!
    I'm glad that you see those Stravaholes as VICTIMS. Victims of an insidious conspiracy to commodify the experience of riding a bicycle on beautiful trails amongst a diverse and harmonious community of trail users.

Wow. How's THAT for a revisionist thought?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    I'm glad that you see those Stravaholes as VICTIMS. Victims of an insidious conspiracy to commodify the experience of riding a bicycle on beautiful trails amongst a diverse and harmonious community of trail users.

Wow. How's THAT for a revisionist thought?
    You nailed it

mtbr member
    You nailed it
    Lol, you guys are funny!
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    bottom line, strava or not, I haven't crapped on the trail recently.
    buzzes like a fridge

banned
    Sep 2010
    Hmmm...I guess that IS the bottom line!

mtbr member
    haha I should add, compared to say horses. Maybe horse owners too.
    buzzes like a fridge

b a n n e d
    We are all thankful for that.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

Rod
    mtbr member
    I wasted too much time here, but from what I gathered there is a lady who cannot be held accountable for her actions riding a horse that she cannot control around Cali. When she does have control of this animal she uses it to chase people throughout the mountains. Sounds lovely!
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Perpetual n00b
    Yea this thread is obviously going no where. Unsubscribing!
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I wasted too much time here, but from what I gathered there is a lady who cannot be held accountable for her actions riding a horse that she cannot control around Cali. When she does have control of this animal she uses it to chase people throughout the mountains. Sounds lovely!
    I agree, that this is certainly what it sounds like . . . I hope it not to be true, and knowing OP, I bet that there's more to this story than being publicized here, which is fine with me.

mtbr member
    ^Oh no, someone got banned. What happened?

Binned
    Nov 2008
    ^Oh no, someone got banned. What happened?
    That's his user logo. He's not banned.

mtbr member
    ^ I thought it looked kinda weird.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Moral of the story, horse ***** 1 - MTBRs 0. Let her get away with murder and thats where this will end. Funny how this garbage only goes on in cali.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Moral of the story, horse ***** 1 - MTBRs 0. Let her get away with murder and thats where this will end. Funny how this garbage only goes on in cali.
    eff that...time to find where she lives and have things start happening to her...
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

No Stranger to danger....
    ive got the answer for this.

Somebody needs to dig a huge banji pit, viet-kong style, big enough for her and her horse, with bambo spikes with raw sewerage in the bottom, dig it into he fav trail with an excovator at night, set up some cameras, make it deep enough she and the horse cant get out, film it all and put it up on here for all our viewing pleasure.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

J:
    mtbr member
    Screw the spikes, use the pit so "Ronda Rousey" type mtbr can take care of bidness

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I see her on the trails all the time. what the hell is the dude in forum here with videos waiting for? post them, I posted video of my friend getting lectured by lady on horse

nothing is going to happen to her, so lets all at least see the videos and have a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    I see her on the trails all the time. what the hell is the dude in forum here with videos waiting for? post them, I posted video of my friend getting lectured by lady on horse

nothing is going to happen to her, so lets all at least see the videos and have a laugh.
    I believe he is currently part of a legal battle and needs to refrain from posting anything until after the matter is settled to avoid ruining the case.

MTBR Forum Posting Rules
    e-bike sub-forum rules

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    While I'm not positive, I believe that I ran into her yesterday and she was a lot more friendly (don't know if it was an act or if I ran into someone different). She said "don't worry, he [the horse] is used to bikes".

I had stopped pretty far away when I saw the horse and just hung out while they walked by. Man, I will say, that horse is seriously skittish. I was just standing still about 5 feet away and it looked like it wanted to charge me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
    She said "don't worry, he [the horse] is used to bikes".
    That most certainly wasn't her. Lucky for you.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    It's a good thing this thread has survived for 3 years. This is important shlt.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    It's a good thing this thread has survived for 3 years. This is important shlt.
    3 years? Who taught you how to count? It's barely been half that long.

3 years? Who taught you how to count? It's barely been half that long.
    Oh! It just feels like 3 years my bad.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Oh! It just feels like 3 years my bad.
    It does seem like it's been a long time. You have to wonder why it's taking the court system so long to do anything about it?

banned
    Jan 2013
    It does seem like it's been a long time. You have to wonder why it's taking the court system so long to do anything about it?
    You don't think something is being done about this do you?

All that will happened has happened.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I guess she ended up getting away with it.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    I guess she ended up getting away with it.
    Well, privilege DOES have its' privileges.......

Team Fearless Descender
    Ok, you wanted to see it, its been over a year since the incident.

Below is what I typed up for my meeting with the DA's office at the LAX Court House. During this meeting the "White Horse Lady" was NOT present, though I know she met with the DA's office and did have an attorney present.

Prior to my meeting at the DA's office I met with the Detective assigned to the case at the WLA LAPD station. Here I presented my evidence, much of it you are now seeing here. After this meeting I was requested to meet with the DA's office, which I did. It was at this time, though during the "field show up" (where the LAPD, the day of the incident, drove me over to where they had detained the "suspect") I did over-hear the officers say that there was some HIPPA* rules involved here, that I discovered that the DA's office knew that there was some HIPPA* involved with this person. And, it was this information that made it clear that the DA might have a hard time prosecuting this person should I choose to pursue this. I was told this by the person I met with at the DA's office. So, what does this mean? Well, it means to me that if you are, and have been, declared mentally deficient, you can get away with a lot.

I think you should be able to make sense of what I am presenting here. Read my report below, and use the attached map and video link to follow along. Everyone was pretty excitable in the video, it was about the most bizarre and frightening thing. To be riding along and suddenly become the focus of someone that is clearly out of control with two very large animals.

BTW, since that day I NEVER ride WITHOUT a camera, never.

*HIPPA (Link)

My Report:

Todd xxxx
    Street
    City
    Phone
    Email

INC# 13060400 xxxx / DR# 1308-xxxx

Violation of Section P242 by Caroline xxxxx against Todd xxxxx on July 4, 2013 at approximately 1200 hrs in “Sullivan Canyon” – Santa Monica Mtns – Fireroad (Public Access)

Sgt on scene: Kelly, G 30173
    Det Alan xxxxx 27916

Description of Incident

Riding down cyn with my wife behind I come upon 2 riders (bike) stopped by woman on horse (with second horse on rope) screaming at riders (POINT A)

The cyclists are stopped, straddling their bikes and I assume they have stopped, as is trail etiquette when coming upon a horse, to ask if it is ok to pass. Quickly I determine this is not the case, the woman is screaming at the riders that they have no right to be here, etc. I ask if we could just pass and be on our way. The woman yells NO! YOU GO BACK THE WAY YOU CAME I WILL NOT LET YOU PASS. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT. I explain that this is a “multi use trail”, but I’m certain she is not hearing me. The woman, still mounted on her horse, and with the second in tow moves towards me I being to back away. The other two riders (bike) escape down the canyon.

The woman approaches me, (on horse back) and forces me to the side of the canyon (POINT B). By this time my wife and other hikers (David xxxxx and his group – interviewed by LAPD) have arrived.

The woman dismounts and turns pulling the horses along with her screaming the whole time. (POINT B – IMAGE 6619)

The woman is now only 24 – 36 inches away and kicks at me (IMAGE 6620). As I am back to the canyon wall / into the vegetation I push / kick back. David xxxxx group witnesses this occur (POINT B).

Woman backs away screaming (IMAGES 6621 and 6622). David xxxxx group witness this (POINT C).

We begin to head down the canyon to escape, and travel approx. 100 yards(?).

Woman returns, riding down the canyon at speed (POINT D – IMAGE 6623 and VIDEO 6624). I dismount my bicycle, as I do not want to be overrun by a horse(s) and woman backs me into the canyon side wall. Here it is very obvious that the woman is trying to get the horse she is mounted on to kick or otherwise harm me (VIDEO 6624 at 0:42). Here I am in very definite fear for my safety. David xxxxx group witness this along with other hikers. At 0:22 you can see Mr. xxxxx back away as the woman approaches him. My wife can also be seen moving off the trail and into the vegetation to avoid this woman.

VIDEO 6625 / 6626 / 6627 / 6628 the woman has now ridden down the canyon and is passing other trail users at a very high, unsafe speed with TWO horses. We are moving down the canyon to not only escape, but to contact PD (There is NO cell phone coverage in the canyon), AND to discover which way she attempts to flee.

At POINT F we can see the woman at POINT E, and we know we can not pass her safely. We move into the vegetation and behind a large tree. The woman AGAIN moves towards us, mounted on one horse, the other in tow. VIDEO 6629 clearly shows this and at 0:17 the woman threatens me with “I SEE YOU AGAIN, YOU’RE DEAD!”

The woman rides up the canyon and we escape to the street and contact LAPD via 911.

Known Facts and Questions

• This woman is known to many others for her actions, and is well known on a local mountain biking chat board (URL is given to Det. xxxxx)

• I have discovered during the field show-up, while the woman was detained, the officers contacted the owner of the horse (Old Ranch Road), that the owners knew of past incidents and “issues” related to the woman, AND that they “could not discuss this because of HIPPA rules”. I find this very interesting, but not surprising.

• Woman approached me 3x

• Woman “battered” me, but more importantly threatened to KILL ME.

• NPS / Santa Monica does NOT patrol the canyon – Who does? THERE IS NO CELL PHONE COVERAGE – HOW DO YOU GET HELP?

• Woman used TWO horses against me and others.

• What “reasonable” force can I use against someone using TWO deadly weapons (Horses) that is apparently known to be a “problem” (owners of the horse state this)? Deadly force?

• If the owners of the horse (the woman’s employer?) knew of “problems” why are they not here today? They sure share some blame and responsibility.

The video was originally individual files, as presented to the LAPD Detective and later the DA. Here I have converted them into one linear video / file.

MAP
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-map.jpg

IMAGE 6619
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6619.jpg

IMAGE 6620
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6620.jpg

IMAGE 6621
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6621.jpg

IMAGE 6622
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6622.jpg

IMAGE 6623
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6623.jpg
    Last edited by El Salt; 10-18-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    holy crap

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Great thing you had video..

although I am confused why HIPPA is even being mentioned here... Unless youre a health care entity, HIPPA doesnt apply.

http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-G...titycharts.pdf
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I f*cking hate people.

Team Fearless Descender

although I am confused why HIPPA is even being mentioned here... Unless youre a health care entity, HIPPA doesnt apply.
    Well, at the time of the "Field Show Up" (I was in back of police car, still in bike gear, they didn't want her to see our car), I over heard two of the officers who apparently made contact with the owners of the horses, yes they are not her animals. I over heard them say, "the owners refused to talk to us, because 'she' is protected under HIPPA laws and they can't talk about it." Later, in the DA's office, the contact I was talking to had discovered that she was some how "protected" by these laws (it was, without exactly saying it, made clear that it was for psychological / mental issues).

AND.... it was because of this very reason, they DA's office official told me, IF I took this to court, AND her lawyer brought this us, AND he surly would, the judge would suddenly have to change the proceedings. AND, because there was no actually injury, any case would be extra hard to proceed with.

So, I was left with, the DA would take the case IF I wanted to, but I was being told, with out the words being said, that it was unlikely anything would come of it.

So, we all know, often times crime does pay, well it looks like "crazy" does too.

Stuff

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Ask the DA what the proceeding would change to. Possibly probate or equivalent with psych evaluation and recommendations. If she is currently receiving care her doctor may then change things including medication and how often she is seen, with a goal to bring her to a level where this is no longer her response.

mtbr member
    wow she is crazy. I've never experienced a crazy rider before. They have all been appreciative of us bikers pulling aside to let them pass by.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Any reports of her being seen in the canyon in recent times???

J:
    mtbr member
    So mentally deficient people are permitted to access horses..

mtbr member
    I think its time for the air horns...
    " I don't ride park"

banned
    ...or top-tube mounted CCW.

J:
    mtbr member
    ..Backwood assome strap

banned
    Man, it would be all I could do not to cold-cock her on the spot. Nice job of restraint, ES.

mtbr member
    It appears that the owners of the horses are using HIPPA as a shield so as to not co-operate with law enforcement.

Since it is becoming apparent that she is not going to be held responsible, perhaps someone should approach the owners of the horses and threaten a lawsuit.

If they are allowing her to take their horses and they know that she is a danger and not responsible, then they bear some responsibility for what happens. It would be like allowing a young child to drive your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    ..Backwood assome strap
    Man we're are finding more and more uses for the Awesome Strap I mean assome strap. I'm about to pull the trigger and jump on board the Awesome Strap bandwagon.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_ View Post
    It appears that the owners of the horses are using HIPPA as a shield so as to not co-operate with law enforcement.

Since it is becoming apparent that she is not going to be held responsible, perhaps someone should approach the owners of the horses and threaten a lawsuit.

If they are allowing her to take their horses and they know that she is a danger and not responsible, then they bear some responsibility for what happens. It would be like allowing a young child to drive your car.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. At this point the horse owners certainly can't claim ignorance of the threat to public safety they're abetting, so liability would be that much easier to argue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)

Yes, the owners of the animals are aware of the danger and are now assuming at least some responsibility by continually letting her out on her own. Instead of ccw just carry a cattle prod (For her, not the innocent horses)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm so glad the horse people where I ride are great
    to be around. I've never had a problem with them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Something sounds fishy. Insanity is a defense to a murder charge. It must be asserted by the defendant. When a defendant does claim insanity, HIPPA does not change the proceeding or prevent the prosecution. Insanity has no applicability in another kind of prosecution.

I can't imagine anything in HIPPA that would impact prosecution for assault. In an asault prosecution, the DA would have you and the other witnesses testify about what they saw, heard and did. The defendant's attorney would get to cross-examine the witnesses. Then the defendant's attorney would get to present evidence on why she is not guilty. If that includes evidence of a mental defect the defendant is allowed to introduce it, just like any other evidence.

BTW, you could also seek a restraining order to prohibit her from comming within 100 yards of you while on a trail. If she violates it, she can be prosecuted just for the violation. You could also sue her civilly for damages for the emotional distress she caused you by her assault. While you could get a lawyer to take it on a contingency, she would have to pay by the hour and she would have to start by paying a hefty retainer.

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    Something sounds fishy. Insanity is a defense to a murder charge. It must be asserted by the defendant. When a defendant does claim insanity, HIPPA does not change the proceeding or prevent the prosecution. Insanity has no applicability in another kind of prosecution.

I can't imagine anything in HIPPA that would impact prosecution for assault. In an asault prosecution, the DA would have you and the other witnesses testify about what they saw, heard and did. The defendant's attorney would get to cross-examine the witnesses. Then the defendant's attorney would get to present evidence on why she is not guilty. If that includes evidence of a mental defect the defendant is allowed to introduce it, just like any other evidence.

BTW, you could also seek a restraining order to prohibit her from comming within 100 yards of you while on a trail. If she violates it, she can be prosecuted just for the violation. You could also sue her civilly for damages for the emotional distress she caused you by her assault. While you could get a lawyer to take it on a contingency, she would have to pay by the hour and she would have to start by paying a hefty retainer.
    I hear ya on all points. I never in my life been to "court", the DA's office, I've never had more than a ticket, so I'm not much of a legal expert in anyway. So, I'm just telling you what I was told as I sat in the LAX court house wearing my suit in front of the DA's assistant.

I myself have not seen her since the incendent, and I ride there all the time (I ride the SM's 1, 2, 3 times a week normally), in fact I'm out the door to ride there now. So, its all good with me. Like I said before I do ALWAYS carry a camera now and photograph hiker, horse rider or even biker that's causing trouble.

Stuff

banned
    Jan 2013
    I would have shot that ***** right in her crazy head. Problem solved.

b a n n e d
    This is an overall very unfortunate outcome. I'm not a lawyer, but I am an expert in mental health, including the legal aspects of mental health law in California. I can tell you with 100% certainty that HIPPA has zero relevance in this matter, and moreover, cannot be used to avoid prosecution.

The DA is likely correct that without any physical injury, there is no real grounds for criminal prosecution (note, however, that WHEN - not if - this woman does actually harm someone, there will be profound ramifications, for the woman, the LAPD and the DA.). There are certainly grounds for civil prosecution though. Its all a matter of how invested you are in seeing this woman held accountable. For me, I'd probably just drop it at this point and move on with my life . . .

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    BTW, since that day I NEVER ride with a camera, never.
    Do you mean . . . . without a camera . . . .?

mtbr member
    Being a horse trainer, I feel sorry for the horses she was yanking around. And, if it weren't for the safty of the horses and the people they may run over, I would have yanked that ***** to the ground and sat on her till the police came.

mtbr member

All of this is very true. What it comes down to for the DA is this is such a petty thing in their eyes and they are so busy with other stuff that they don't won't to be bothered with this.

mtbr member
    Great thing you had video..

http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-G...titycharts.pdf
    HIPPA is like CARB: an agency that has way to much power and they take advantage of that power.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    HIPPA is like CARB: an agency that has way to much power and they take advantage of that power.
    Except that HIPAA is a regulatory law, not an agency... and a law in which doesnt apply to law enforcement, private citizens, or attorneys.

Ive also been involved in criminal law for more than a decade, and the only time ive ever seen HIPAA come up is during cases of prescription fraud..

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    IMG 6619 is about the time she gets physically handled.
    Last edited by Mrwhlr; 10-18-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: chinese keybroads
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Except that HIPAA is a regulatory law, not an agency... and a law in which doesnt apply to law enforcement, private citizens, or attorneys.

Ive also been involved in criminal law for more than a decade, and the only time ive ever seen HIPAA come up is during cases of prescription fraud..
    Yes, you're right. I had to think about that because they seem like an agency with all the power they have.

I run a Workers' Comp. records copy service. The insurance companies that we do business with dictate our security protocols because of the HIPAA laws.

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Do you mean . . . . without a camera . . . .?

ACK!!!! (Corrected) see... I couldn't even get that right! LOL Thanks 007.

Stuff

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Its all a matter of how invested you are in seeing this woman held accountable. For me, I'd probably just drop it at this point and move on with my life . . .
    This IS what I decided to do, though from time to time I think about it, or watch the video, where she screams "I'll KILL YOU" and think....

I have not seen her anywhere in the SM Mtns since then, which I am glad about. in 2 1/2 decades of riding the SM's its by far the strangest, scariest thing I've ever had happen.

Stuff

Binned
    Nov 2008
    ES, with as much as you ride up that canyon, I have to think that she has been banished from riding those particular horses if you haven't seen her in so long now. Perhaps she's going nutso on some other undeserving patrons in another part of town these days?

mtbr member
    ES, with as much as you ride up that canyon, I have to think that she has been banished from riding those particular horses if you haven't seen her in so long now. Perhaps she's going nutso on some other undeserving patrons in another part of town these days?
    Nope, unfortunately. She's still out there, often with the same horses. I see her approximately once per month. She's still as loony and rude as ever.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Watched the video a couple times and I must admit she turned me on. I bet she slept like a baby that day, unlike everyone else

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Watched the video a couple times and I must admit she turned me on. I bet she slept like a baby that day, unlike everyone else
    She's the kind of girl that will cut your d i c k off!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    definitely need more videos of loony toons

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Video? did you post it up? I'm suddenly re-interested in this matter.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JimN View Post
    Nope, unfortunately. She's still out there, often with the same horses. I see her approximately once per month. She's still as loony and rude as ever.
    Darn

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'll bet a whistle would spook her horse in the event she ever tried to attack a rider.

mtbr member
    Ya but...why risk injury to the horse? And if she's really nuts, (and it appears that she is), hurtin her kinda sucks too.

I think the DA dropped the ball. So now someone will have to get injured and she will be charged with a crime. And it's probably just a matter of time until that happens.

mtbr member
    Video? did you post it up? I'm suddenly re-interested in this matter.
    Post#348

mtbr member
    I'll bet a whistle would spook her horse in the event she ever tried to attack a rider.
    Nah, that horse is pretty well trained. A whistle wouldn't bother it. But, one of those flashlight tazers to the gut would wake it up. Horses don't even like to be tickled or poked there. I accidentally hit myself in the arm with mine the other day. Holy ****, it just about knocked me on my ass and burned my arm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    She's the kind of girl that will cut your d i c k off!
    Only a rookie sticks around until it gets to that; before then, she'll fvck you until you can't walk.

mtbr member
    I've had my share of psych *****es. They are fun, but she's just a little to psycho. Perhaps I should have said, she's the kind of girl that will bite your d i c k off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I've had my share of psych *****es. They are fun, but she's just a little to psycho. Perhaps I should have said, she's the kind of girl that will bite your d i c k off.
    Another rookie error.

mtbr member
    Man, I just looked at the video again. I don't know what you guys are talking about. She's not even remotely attractive. I wouldn't hit it if she paid me.

Wow Salt, that is Craaaaaazy.

Feels like we have been waiting forever to see the evidence. I am with you, if the DA did not think they would be very successful in prosecuting her it was probably not worth your time to push it. Just keep a camera on you at all times and go about life, if you come across her again you know what to suspect, and if she gets crazy like that again you WILL have a case.

The whole Hippa thing does sound like a cop-out though. mentally unstable people do not get a free pass to be dangerous to others, they can still be prosecuted. Perhaps she needs medication.

Might be a good idea to find out where she "rents" the horses from in case you ever need to file a civil case.

MTBR Forum Posting Rules
    e-bike sub-forum rules

mtbr member
    ***I would have yanked that ***** to the ground and sat on her till the police came.
    In regards to ES's question: What “reasonable” force can I use against someone using TWO deadly weapons (Horses) that is apparently known to be a “problem” (owners of the horse state this)? Deadly force?

Would pulling her off her horse and restraining her be justifiable? This person could have said her piece and went along her way, but chose instead to return and further harass people and threaten bodily harm with her horses. The badass armchair QB in me says that I would have done exactly that in this situation, especially if my kids were with me.

Jeff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 65mph12 View Post
    In regards to ES's question: What “reasonable” force can I use against someone using TWO deadly weapons (Horses) that is apparently known to be a “problem” (owners of the horse state this)? Deadly force?

Would pulling her off her horse and restraining her be justifiable? This person could have said her piece and went along her way, but chose instead to return and further harass people and threaten bodily harm with her horses. The badass armchair QB in me says that I would have done exactly that in this situation, especially if my kids were with me.
    Definitely yanking her down to the ground would be justifiable. I know horses very well, I work with them almost everyday. So, if I were there, I would have taken the horses while someone took her to the ground. Without someone to secure the horses it would be pretty dangerous. And as far as what's justifiable, that just depends on how stupid she decides to be. Although the horse wasn't wanting to kick anyone. But she could have used the horse to pin someone up against something. It looks like she almost did that. But at some point the horse is going to get scared and do who knows what.

mtbr member

What Is "Reasonable Force"?

The amount of force necessary to protect oneself or one's property. Reasonable force is a term associated with defending one's person or property from a violent attack, theft, or other type of unlawful aggression. It may be used as a defense in a criminal trial or to defend oneself in a suit alleging tortious conduct. If one uses excessive force, or more than the force necessary for such protection, he or she may be considered to have forfeited the right to defense. Reasonable force is also known as legal force.
    The issue, when using force to stop someone from attacking you, is, what is reasonable under the circumstances?

Is it reasonable to assume that you are in danger from someone's actions? Then, if you do take action, is that action reasonable and not excessive in light of the threat, whether real or (again) reasonably perceived?

Not trying to dissuade you or anyone from protecting themselves. Just saying be ready to articulate what happened, what you did, and why you did it, and realize that your actions will be assessed by responding officers, the DA, and possibly a jury.

Then, if you, after having spent thousands of dollars on a defense attorney, (even should you prevail), may still be civilly sued and have to go through court proceedings a second time.

And finally, given the obnoxiously litigious nature of our society, the above opinion is my opinion and my opinion only, and should not be taken or acted on or as legal advice.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_ View Post
    The issue, when using force to stop someone from attacking you, is, what is reasonable under the circumstances?

Is it reasonable to assume that you are in danger from someone's actions? Then, if you do take action, is that action reasonable and not excessive in light of the threat, whether real or (again) reasonably perceived?

Not trying to dissuade you or anyone from protecting themselves. Just saying be ready to articulate what happened, what you did, and why you did it, and realize that your actions will be assessed by responding officers, the DA, and possibly a jury.

Then, if you, after having spent thousands of dollars on a defense attorney, (even should you prevail), may still be civilly sued and have to go through court proceedings a second time.

And finally, given the obnoxiously litigious nature of our society, the above opinion is my opinion and my opinion only, and should not be taken or acted on or as legal advice.

IMO, it has to be the absolute last resort and I would only do it after their actions caused contact to me be it via an object they are handling or a part of their body. That is defending yourself.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Also, evasion, whenever possible, is always considered the most legally safe action.

Unless, of course, you live in Texas or Florida. Even then, "pre-emtive" use of deadly force, whether is results in loss of life or not, is problematic.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Thank god you have that video. As Centurion says, WHEN she hurts somebody in the future, you will have a ready-mde civil suit.
    Hopefully it won't come to that, but if she continuous to degenerate in her condition, something's gotta give.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    IMO, it has to be the absolute last resort and I would only do it after their actions caused contact to me be it via an object they are handling or a part of their body. That is defending yourself.
    Leaving an aggressor with free hands is a good way to get gut stabbed.

I'd still hit it, because I live in the real world, where the vast majority of great sex happens significantly below the "10" level .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6