Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Don't think I've ever seen the woman or her horse luckily.

ugggh those legs...haunting.
    definite malingerer

mtbr member
    May 2011
    hahahahahaa

so its my imagination eh?

lol

I dont even slow down anymore, I go past her at mach 4 while she yells something, usually it sounds like "cops" "manslaughter"

etc etc

and I give her the bird too

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Yer, i was on 197, just about to crack the 200 when admin took about 100 of most of us over 100, poor AZ MTNS dropped from 250 to 150, it was the great rep rape of 2012, we were getting to big for them to handle, so in a North Korean move they decided to take rep from the rich n give it to the poor.
    Now it takes 200 points to move up a point, and we only have 5 reps a day, its a travisty of justice mate, and as soon as i get to 200 again they will pull the same move, oh well, alls fair in love n war, but it was great being able to give people an automatic 2 points for a while.
    Remind me again why rep matters.

mtbr member
    This is weird, I've been riding in santa monica since 1999 and Santiago Oaks since 1989 and have never seen either of these ladies or their horses. Probably jinxed myslef and will get run over next ride by both of them riding together.
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    One question, did the rider in the video ride on a trail that is marked horse only?
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    No, it is a multi use trail and MTBs can ride there whenever they want!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    definitely multi use (100000%)

doesn't slow her down at all, unless you get off you bike and get into a kneeling position with head bowed when she rides past you are going to get a mouthful

you are most likely to run into her on the sullivan canyon fire road (you know the one the gas company keeps shutting down to work on the pipes). Almost always mid afternoon to early evening.

Some of the other guys I know are now tail whipping the bikes at the horse when they go by. Starting to get all around ugly.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I wouldn't have said a word to her and just kept riding.

not that easy dude, sometimes she will physically will block you with the horse when she waits at the exits of things.

Also you notice how she turned the horse around right by the bike in the video, within kicking range.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    so its my imagination eh?
    lol careful dude, maybe she cast a spell on you!

Do you always see her in the canyon or also up on the ridge? At least with the latest manhandling of the trails its easier to go around her.
    definite malingerer

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    lol careful dude, maybe she cast a spell on you!

Do you always see her in the canyon or also up on the ridge? At least with the latest manhandling of the trails its easier to go around her.

she rides from riviera ranch road area by sunset up horse trail, down queensferry, up sullivan canyon

then goes back same way as far as I can tell.

although sometimes (rarely) i see horse **** on jedi but not sure if its hers

would pretty much suck bad if she was riding up squirrl and you come around a corner there, there is no ways the bike and the horse can fit, talk about a clusterf*ck if that happened.

also if you slow you aint getting around her easy, she will block you while she cr*ps you out. You have to go fast so it will be a collision, then she will yell at you while you go by.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    No, it is a multi use trail and MTBs can ride there whenever they want!
    Got it, in that case do whatever you can to document her aggressiveness. Report her to the rangers EVERY SINGLE TIME she mouths off to you. If you get the broad on the officials radar when something bad happens you will have ammo against her in court. It is only a matter of time before her horse kicks somebody or she deliberately collides with someone and tries to get bikes banned. She looks like a Vandeman follower to me.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    would pretty much suck bad if she was riding up squirrl and you come around a corner there, there is no ways the bike and the horse can fit, talk about a clusterf*ck if that happened.
    god what a nightmare scenario. These days I'm mostly out there at night but I'll have to watch out for her.
    definite malingerer

mtbr member
    She'll just get more aggressive. It's just a matter of time before she goes from really stupid, to really really stupid, and someone gets hurt. If I took that video, I wouldn't bother with the ranger, he/she can't do anything. I'd take it to the local sheriff or PD.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I know we were having problems with our own lady on a white horse in Orange County at Santiago Oaks, she is in the picture from earlier covering her face, and guys started to report her to the rangers and show them their videos (some showing her leaving the trails and riding in illegal areas), she was spoken to and has been somewhat calmer since, but still not pleasant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Equestrians recognize GFYS! here in AZ. Do you not have that in CA?
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Equestrians recognize GFYS! here in AZ. Do you not have that in CA?
    What is that?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

FKA Malibu412
    GFYS

Go Feck YourSelf ?
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Somehow, I don't think that will make any difference.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    May 2011
    yeah the equestrians here do recognize GFYS, if you watch the video, you can see she is dishing out lots of GFYS to anyone on a bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    yeah the equestrians here do recognize GFYS, if you watch the video, you can see she is dishing out lots of GFYS to anyone on a bike.
    Yes, but she's doing it wrong. This is a great example of how horseys and bikes can get along better:

Hektor stumblin' in... - YouTube
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    lol before anyone clicks on old hektor, its definitely NSFW

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    Fixed the link for you. Horse lady is at the end. Not that hot.

Jedi Plunge - Squirrel Cage Video - Pinkbike
    MAD PROPS to the rider filming that one, how on earth did he remain so calm and respectful?

That Lady seems to have some serious issues to yell at someone who slowed down and stopped for her on the horse and basically obeyed the rules of a multiuse trail.

I don't think I have ever run across such rude behavior in all my riding days.

Is that last section of trail considered Multi-use? Because from what I could see on the video that trail was way to narrow to be safe on a horse with or without having to share it with hikers and bikers.....
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    the rider in that video is always like that I ride with him (not in that video) and that's just the way he is.

yeah i dont know if horses are allowed up that single track just before you see the witch, even a horse and a hiker would have a really tough time passing each other, some parts very narrow with 20 foot dropoff.

im so glad someone posted that video. Everything on the internet is exaggerated 10 times (even this is an exaggeration of my non exaggeration). But this time its not.

Can't wait to run into her again, I'm going to post a good video, going to ask her if she knows she could be up for manslaughter if someone trying to dodge her horse poo on the trail wipes out and breaks their neck in doing so.

Beer Please!
    Can't wait to run into her again, I'm going to post a good video, going to ask her if she knows she could be up for manslaughter if someone trying to dodge her horse poo on the trail wipes out and breaks their neck in doing so.
    haha, no kidding right? That outta rile her up.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast