Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    I eat cats
    Quote Originally Posted by longboarderj View Post
    Doesn't the woman at Santiago Oaks also ride a white horse? I've only run into her once and she told me her horse would kick me if I tried to go by. I went by and didn't get kicked but gave her lots of room.
    She sure does.. Here is a pic from the beginning of the thread I attached in my earlier post.

Don't look down here...

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnparadise View Post
    Didn't you have like 180 rep power the other day Tone's? Must have dropped some ultra heavy **** on the mods, the dems, republicans, lessos, drug users, arms dealers and TLJC??
    Yer, i was on 197, just about to crack the 200 when admin took about 100 of most of us over 100, poor AZ MTNS dropped from 250 to 150, it was the great rep rape of 2012, we were getting to big for them to handle, so in a North Korean move they decided to take rep from the rich n give it to the poor.
    Now it takes 200 points to move up a point, and we only have 5 reps a day, its a travisty of justice mate, and as soon as i get to 200 again they will pull the same move, oh well, alls fair in love n war, but it was great being able to give people an automatic 2 points for a while.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Beer Please!
    What is the deal with trying to get tons of rep? Is there a contest of some sort? Do you become better at climbing or descending with more rep on your MTBR account?

I really hope the people talking about tazering a rider and their horse are kidding because that is great way to get arrested.....

Though the idea of wearing a GoPro and recording any encounters one may have is a good one, especially if the MTB rider is polite and tries to do the right thing and the rider on horseback is being rude, threatening and disruptive, then you can provide some video evidence to the local rangers or whomever patrols those areas and let them handle it.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    I contacted the Sheriffs and I'll be in that area in 1 hour.

"watch out lady on white horse"

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    What is the deal with trying to get tons of rep? Is there a contest of some sort? Do you become better at climbing or descending with more rep on your MTBR account?

I really hope the people talking about tazering a rider and their horse are kidding because that is great way to get arrested.....

Though the idea of wearing a GoPro and recording any encounters one may have is a good one, especially if the MTB rider is polite and tries to do the right thing and the rider on horseback is being rude, threatening and disruptive, then you can provide some video evidence to the local rangers or whomever patrols those areas and let them handle it.
    First of all you dont ask for rep, it just comes to you if you show humour, warmth, help others out, etc, and it can be a fun part of the board.

Secondly, yes i was being serious about tazering the lady and the horse, dont you do that sort of stuff for fun?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I don't get it. Are horses always such nervous creatures or have they not been trained to be used to bikes?

The horses in see literally go crazy when I ride anywhere near them.

However horses have been in used in wars and gunfights and such? So they can't all be that nervous

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    I don't get it. Are horses always such nervous creatures or have they not been trained to be used to bikes?

The horses in see literally go crazy when I ride anywhere near them.

However horses have been in used in wars and gunfights and such? So they can't all be that nervous
    I train horses, part time for a living. Horses can be trained to be calm around just about anything. The problem is most people, like 95%, don't know how to train a horse properly or have an older horse that wasn't trained properly or was abused. And to train a horse properly from start to finish, takes a lot of time, which most people don't have. But, bottom line, if a person has a horse out in public that is acting up, the only one to blam is the owner. But when training a horse, you also have to push the envelope to get anywhere. We are lucky, in that we don't have to train the bikes that we ride.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

I build my own.
    This is a generalization!
    Horses are naturally nervous as they are prey animals. You can train it out of most of them.
    Horses will also sense their rider's nervousness and react to it.
    An inexperienced rider on a horse not used to mountain bikes can have a tough time controling their horse.
    Edit: I was typing while Shawn posted.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Horses are naturally nervous as they are prey animals. You can train it out of most of them.
    An inexperienced rider on a horse not used to mountain bikes can have a tough time controling their horse.
    What you said is pretty much true. You just have to figure, as a MTB rider that any horse you come across is going to be affraid of you and may do something stupid.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

official eMpTyBRain
    I like to see them (horses) out there, just like I like to see runners, hikers, wildlife, an so on. We happened upon some people who were unloading their equine from their trailer while on a ride this past weekend. We stopped and talked to them because they had massive draft type horses, 3 of them. One of them had never been out on a trail among other trail users and they were kind of nervous about it. I hope it went OK.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Pics or ban!
    I'm glad we only have one grump around the AV

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I train horses, part time for a living. Horses can be trained to be calm around just about anything. The problem is most people, like 95%, don't know how to train a horse properly or have an older horse that wasn't trained properly or was abused. And to train a horse properly from start to finish, takes a lot of time, which most people don't have. But, bottom line, if a person has a horse out in public that is acting up, the only one to blam is the owner. But when training a horse, you also have to push the envelope to get anywhere. We are lucky, in that we don't have to train the bikes that we ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Growing up with horses I can attest to both of these statements.

Also note that no matter how competent the rider, a horse that has not been trained properly with spook at shiny rocks no matter who is on their back.

The topic of horses has been thoroughly discussed on these boards.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

b a n n e d
    . . . But, bottom line, if a person has a horse out in public that is acting up, the only one to blame is the owner. . . .

Same thing goes for dogs, etc. too . . . any domesticated animal for that matter that is brought into human contact.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

official eMpTyBRain
    ^ Remember your words, Mr. do owner.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    ^ Remember your words, Mr. do owner.
    Hey, my do's are well behaved. Its my don'ts that get me in trouble

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Hey, my do's are well behaved. Its my don'ts that get me in trouble
    The Prosecution rests, your Honor...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    http://http://www.pinkbike.com/video/281816/

Here is a video of this psychotic lady. Cross post on pinkbike about her. My wife had the pleasure of experiencing her today in the Sullivan Ridge area.

FKA Malibu412
    Fixed the link for you. Horse lady is at the end. Not that hot.

Jedi Plunge - Squirrel Cage Video - Pinkbike
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by noish View Post
    http://http://www.pinkbike.com/video/281816/

Here is a video of this psychotic lady. Cross post on pinkbike about her. My wife had the pleasure of experiencing her today in the Sullivan Ridge area.
    Gotta fix your link . . .

I've not seen this woman before, though I HAVE seen her horse and am pretty sure I know where she lives . . . what was her complaint? I couldn't hear what she said in the very beginning, only that you could "go to jail" . . .

mtbr member
    She said something about manslaughter. That was really shitty how she rode her horse toward him and turned around almost hitting him. I would have picked up my front end at her and the horse if she got that close to me.
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 01-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Whoever posted the video played this way cool. I try to remember - this lady has to deal with her own shitty attitude 24 hours a day. Best not to get sucked into her downward spiral of a life.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    Whoever posted the video played this way cool. I try to remember - this lady has to deal with her own shitty attitude 24 hours a day. Best not to get sucked into her downward spiral of a life.
    Agreed.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't have said a word to her and just kept riding.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    She said something about manslaughter. That was really shitty how she rode her horses toward him and turned around almost hitting him. I would have picked up my front end at her and the horse if she got that close to me.
    Had to do this once before.. what a sh!tty ride that was still remember it 5 years later!

Have to just avoid the trail kooks, they are easy to spot

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I wouldn't have said a word to her and just kept riding.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast