Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    bottom line, strava or not, I haven't crapped on the trail recently.
    We are all thankful for that.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    I wasted too much time here, but from what I gathered there is a lady who cannot be held accountable for her actions riding a horse that she cannot control around Cali. When she does have control of this animal she uses it to chase people throughout the mountains. Sounds lovely!
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Perpetual n00b
    Yea this thread is obviously going no where. Unsubscribing!
    When the chicks at school see how gay we are, they're gonna be all over us.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I wasted too much time here, but from what I gathered there is a lady who cannot be held accountable for her actions riding a horse that she cannot control around Cali. When she does have control of this animal she uses it to chase people throughout the mountains. Sounds lovely!
    I agree, that this is certainly what it sounds like . . . I hope it not to be true, and knowing OP, I bet that there's more to this story than being publicized here, which is fine with me.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    ^Oh no, someone got banned. What happened?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    ^Oh no, someone got banned. What happened?
    That's his user logo. He's not banned.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    ^ I thought it looked kinda weird.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Moral of the story, horse ***** 1 - MTBRs 0. Let her get away with murder and thats where this will end. Funny how this garbage only goes on in cali.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Moral of the story, horse ***** 1 - MTBRs 0. Let her get away with murder and thats where this will end. Funny how this garbage only goes on in cali.
    eff that...time to find where she lives and have things start happening to her...
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

No Stranger to danger....
    ive got the answer for this.

Somebody needs to dig a huge banji pit, viet-kong style, big enough for her and her horse, with bambo spikes with raw sewerage in the bottom, dig it into he fav trail with an excovator at night, set up some cameras, make it deep enough she and the horse cant get out, film it all and put it up on here for all our viewing pleasure.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Screw the spikes, use the pit so "Ronda Rousey" type mtbr can take care of bidness

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I see her on the trails all the time. what the hell is the dude in forum here with videos waiting for? post them, I posted video of my friend getting lectured by lady on horse

nothing is going to happen to her, so lets all at least see the videos and have a laugh.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    I see her on the trails all the time. what the hell is the dude in forum here with videos waiting for? post them, I posted video of my friend getting lectured by lady on horse

nothing is going to happen to her, so lets all at least see the videos and have a laugh.
    I believe he is currently part of a legal battle and needs to refrain from posting anything until after the matter is settled to avoid ruining the case.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    While I'm not positive, I believe that I ran into her yesterday and she was a lot more friendly (don't know if it was an act or if I ran into someone different). She said "don't worry, he [the horse] is used to bikes".

I had stopped pretty far away when I saw the horse and just hung out while they walked by. Man, I will say, that horse is seriously skittish. I was just standing still about 5 feet away and it looked like it wanted to charge me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
    She said "don't worry, he [the horse] is used to bikes".
    That most certainly wasn't her. Lucky for you.

Front Range, Colorado
    It's a good thing this thread has survived for 3 years. This is important shlt.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    It's a good thing this thread has survived for 3 years. This is important shlt.
    3 years? Who taught you how to count? It's barely been half that long.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Front Range, Colorado
    3 years? Who taught you how to count? It's barely been half that long.
    Oh! It just feels like 3 years my bad.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Oh! It just feels like 3 years my bad.
    It does seem like it's been a long time. You have to wonder why it's taking the court system so long to do anything about it?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It does seem like it's been a long time. You have to wonder why it's taking the court system so long to do anything about it?
    You don't think something is being done about this do you?

All that will happened has happened.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I guess she ended up getting away with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    I guess she ended up getting away with it.
    Well, privilege DOES have its' privileges.......
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

Team Fearless Descender
    Ok, you wanted to see it, its been over a year since the incident.

Below is what I typed up for my meeting with the DA's office at the LAX Court House. During this meeting the "White Horse Lady" was NOT present, though I know she met with the DA's office and did have an attorney present.

Prior to my meeting at the DA's office I met with the Detective assigned to the case at the WLA LAPD station. Here I presented my evidence, much of it you are now seeing here. After this meeting I was requested to meet with the DA's office, which I did. It was at this time, though during the "field show up" (where the LAPD, the day of the incident, drove me over to where they had detained the "suspect") I did over-hear the officers say that there was some HIPPA* rules involved here, that I discovered that the DA's office knew that there was some HIPPA* involved with this person. And, it was this information that made it clear that the DA might have a hard time prosecuting this person should I choose to pursue this. I was told this by the person I met with at the DA's office. So, what does this mean? Well, it means to me that if you are, and have been, declared mentally deficient, you can get away with a lot.

I think you should be able to make sense of what I am presenting here. Read my report below, and use the attached map and video link to follow along. Everyone was pretty excitable in the video, it was about the most bizarre and frightening thing. To be riding along and suddenly become the focus of someone that is clearly out of control with two very large animals.

BTW, since that day I NEVER ride WITHOUT a camera, never.

*HIPPA (Link)

My Report:

Todd xxxx
    Street
    City
    Phone
    Email

INC# 13060400 xxxx / DR# 1308-xxxx

Violation of Section P242 by Caroline xxxxx against Todd xxxxx on July 4, 2013 at approximately 1200 hrs in “Sullivan Canyon” – Santa Monica Mtns – Fireroad (Public Access)

Sgt on scene: Kelly, G 30173
    Det Alan xxxxx 27916

Description of Incident

Riding down cyn with my wife behind I come upon 2 riders (bike) stopped by woman on horse (with second horse on rope) screaming at riders (POINT A)

The cyclists are stopped, straddling their bikes and I assume they have stopped, as is trail etiquette when coming upon a horse, to ask if it is ok to pass. Quickly I determine this is not the case, the woman is screaming at the riders that they have no right to be here, etc. I ask if we could just pass and be on our way. The woman yells NO! YOU GO BACK THE WAY YOU CAME I WILL NOT LET YOU PASS. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT. I explain that this is a “multi use trail”, but I’m certain she is not hearing me. The woman, still mounted on her horse, and with the second in tow moves towards me I being to back away. The other two riders (bike) escape down the canyon.

The woman approaches me, (on horse back) and forces me to the side of the canyon (POINT B). By this time my wife and other hikers (David xxxxx and his group – interviewed by LAPD) have arrived.

The woman dismounts and turns pulling the horses along with her screaming the whole time. (POINT B – IMAGE 6619)

The woman is now only 24 – 36 inches away and kicks at me (IMAGE 6620). As I am back to the canyon wall / into the vegetation I push / kick back. David xxxxx group witnesses this occur (POINT B).

Woman backs away screaming (IMAGES 6621 and 6622). David xxxxx group witness this (POINT C).

We begin to head down the canyon to escape, and travel approx. 100 yards(?).

Woman returns, riding down the canyon at speed (POINT D – IMAGE 6623 and VIDEO 6624). I dismount my bicycle, as I do not want to be overrun by a horse(s) and woman backs me into the canyon side wall. Here it is very obvious that the woman is trying to get the horse she is mounted on to kick or otherwise harm me (VIDEO 6624 at 0:42). Here I am in very definite fear for my safety. David xxxxx group witness this along with other hikers. At 0:22 you can see Mr. xxxxx back away as the woman approaches him. My wife can also be seen moving off the trail and into the vegetation to avoid this woman.

VIDEO 6625 / 6626 / 6627 / 6628 the woman has now ridden down the canyon and is passing other trail users at a very high, unsafe speed with TWO horses. We are moving down the canyon to not only escape, but to contact PD (There is NO cell phone coverage in the canyon), AND to discover which way she attempts to flee.

At POINT F we can see the woman at POINT E, and we know we can not pass her safely. We move into the vegetation and behind a large tree. The woman AGAIN moves towards us, mounted on one horse, the other in tow. VIDEO 6629 clearly shows this and at 0:17 the woman threatens me with “I SEE YOU AGAIN, YOU’RE DEAD!”

The woman rides up the canyon and we escape to the street and contact LAPD via 911.

Known Facts and Questions

• This woman is known to many others for her actions, and is well known on a local mountain biking chat board (URL is given to Det. xxxxx)

• I have discovered during the field show-up, while the woman was detained, the officers contacted the owner of the horse (Old Ranch Road), that the owners knew of past incidents and “issues” related to the woman, AND that they “could not discuss this because of HIPPA rules”. I find this very interesting, but not surprising.

• Woman approached me 3x

• Woman “battered” me, but more importantly threatened to KILL ME.

• NPS / Santa Monica does NOT patrol the canyon – Who does? THERE IS NO CELL PHONE COVERAGE – HOW DO YOU GET HELP?

• Woman used TWO horses against me and others.

• What “reasonable” force can I use against someone using TWO deadly weapons (Horses) that is apparently known to be a “problem” (owners of the horse state this)? Deadly force?

• If the owners of the horse (the woman’s employer?) knew of “problems” why are they not here today? They sure share some blame and responsibility.

The video was originally individual files, as presented to the LAPD Detective and later the DA. Here I have converted them into one linear video / file.

VIDEO - Link

MAP
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-map.jpg

IMAGE 6619
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6619.jpg

IMAGE 6620
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6620.jpg

IMAGE 6621
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6621.jpg

IMAGE 6622
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6622.jpg

IMAGE 6623
    the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-img_6623.jpg
    Last edited by El Salt; 10-18-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    holy crap

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Great thing you had video..

although I am confused why HIPPA is even being mentioned here... Unless youre a health care entity, HIPPA doesnt apply.

http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-G...titycharts.pdf
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast