Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    "If the Riding crop doesn't fit...you must Aquit!"
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    I love this thead, comedy gold!. Never gets old, never dies.

What is this CORBA? surely they could have rather made it use the letters COBRA

Coz Our Bikes Run Awesome

that's it, I am starting COBRA.
    CORBA goes way, way back as the local mountain bike enthusiasts organization. They go back to a time when "all mountain bikes are banned everywhere on public lands" threats/actions. That is probably before most of you were riding.

As for the area, the residents have all the political connections and money to litigate pretty much anything in their neighborhood. For example, they will pretend the easement is whatever they want it to be and litigate as such. If they point their legal resources at CORBA, the legal costs alone would swamp CORBA.

I know there are some much nicer folks up there, but we don't get a chance to celebrate them.

I'd appreciate it if you and others would take this a bit more seriously as the residents have all the power and money to do as they please. If they get mad enough about mountain bikers, it would not be good.

Glad to Be Alive
    so what's the latest????
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    so what's the latest????
    Saw her on the trails today for first time.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    Saw her on the trails today for first time.
    how did she act towards you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I was hiking so not really relevant

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Does anyone have info on the lawsuit against the HOA, such as the case number? I'm thinking of engaging the HOA to force it to recognize an easement for the bikes.

I've got a license to practice law and am not afraid to use it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    Does anyone have info on the lawsuit against the HOA, such as the case number? I'm thinking of engaging the HOA to force it to recognize an easement for the bikes.

I've got a license to practice law and am not afraid to use it.
    Do you know a good consumer rights attorney?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    So what gives do you have the photos and video or what, 12 pages almost a year later? is the lady from the CORBA post the same lady on the white horse.

Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    I'm pretty sure this thread will go "back on track" once the still pictures, the video, the police report, (and whatever I'm allowed to share from my meeting with the city attorney) and the final outcome is shared. Right now this is still an active case being investigated.

rev106, I think you will realize that this issue was more than just some pissed runner / hiker / horse back rider, etc. once you are able to learn the full story.

I promise all will be shared.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I doubt it, he is being stone walled and not willing to do anything about it. The fact this dangerous mentally disturbed woman is still roaming the trails is proof.

ragley blue pig x
    any update here, been following this for years as its better than any of the soap operas in the UK like eastenders and river city

official eMpTyBRain
    Perhaps we should assemble a search party?
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Team Fearless Descender
    Not stone walled exactly.

There has been some completion* to the "case". It was suggested to me that I be very careful as to what I say and what I post because of the, shall we say, legal "condition" of the person known here as "the lady on the white horse". Her and her attorney did meet two times that I know of with the City Attorneys Office (I myself met one time in person, plus several phone conversations, as well as meeting with the LAPD detective assigned to the case).

I was given the option to pursue the case, which would have lead to a hearing in front of a judge, but it was suggested to me, by the City Attorneys Office, that because of certain "conditions" of the "defendant", and the fact that I had become aware of these conditions (over-heard though no fault of my own), that this condition(s) would skew or change the way the legal system would or could pursue any case. It was suggested to me that I not in fact say anything (as I am here) at all. Though because I know others have still encountered this person, I feel compelled to advise anyone that has interaction with this person in any but the most friendly manor.

* The case is not "closed" with the City Attorneys Office. So, the very best thing to do, if you were to encounter this person, AND have a negative encounter, is to document it (photo / video) and contact the LAPD / City Attorneys Office. If this person is "behaving" themselves in public then I (we?) have gotten what we want, but... if aggravated encounters continue the City Attorney wants to know about it.

In the case I documented, thankfully no one was injured, though it was the most scary encounter I've ever had with another person.

You can view this person (not my video) beginning at 6:17 in this video: Jedi Plunge - Squirrel Cage Video - Pinkbike
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    ^ So, what you're saying is: SHE'S COMPLETELY INSANE MAN!!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    ^ So, what you're saying is: SHE'S COMPLETELY INSANE MAN!!
    You have got to be kidding me, she is taking the "I am too mentally distraught to be held liable for my actions" stance?

People are shameful.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    That's what I got out of it. Although, I could be wrong. It makes sense, if you consider her actions, doesn't mean I agree with it though.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Beer Please!
    That's what I got out of it. Although, I could be wrong. It makes sense, if you consider her actions, doesn't mean I agree with it though.
    It is totally what her attorney is advising her to do(Speculation of course). No one ever takes responsibility for their own actions, it is always someone or something else's fault.

I don't care if she has PTSD, there is no excuse for acting like that towards another human being, yet people get away with attempted murder all the time with these kind of lame excuses. If she really does have some sort of mental disability, then she needs to be locked up in a Hospital to protect herself and others. There is no way she should ever be allowed back on any public trail where she has the ability to hurt someone.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    A defense of insanity is very hard to prove. Like I said a long time ago, she'll plead a lesser charge and it will be over with.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    A defense of insanity is very hard to prove. Like I said a long time ago, she'll plead a lesser charge and it will be over with.
    I'd think that insanity defense or no, it would be a fairly simple matter for the guy threatened, having audio and video evidence, to obtain a restraining order against her. Specifically pertaining to when she is on a horse. It would also take care of any firearm threat she may pose to him, as any and all firearms in her house would typically be confiscated for the duration of the order.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    If she really is a nut she is not allowed to have any kind of
    firearm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    She's probably just got political connections. That's how I read it at least. There's no way anyone in a formal capacity is going to allude that the lady is retarded and that's a reason for dropping it.

If that were the case (mentally handicapped) there's probably good reason for her NOT to be riding a horse by herself around strangers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by probiscus View Post
    She's probably just got political connections. That's how I read it at least. There's no way anyone in a formal capacity is going to allude that the lady is retarded and that's a reason for dropping it.

If that were the case (mentally handicapped) there's probably good reason for her NOT to be riding a horse by herself around strangers.
    A horse can be just as dangerous as a firearm, so I'd tend to agree. Another factor here may be the automatic tendency of police to give cyclists, on road or off, short shrift when it comes to the protection of the laws.

My friend, who owns a bike shop here, has gotten hit twice in the last week, just riding along legally on the street. In both cases, motorists making sharp right turns in front of him, while he was riding in a designated "Bike Lane", caused him to crash. In the second instance, somebody called 911 because he couldn't get up right away (he broke a rib). Paramedics arrived, then cops. Cops stated that they could not see 'sufficient evidence' to cite the driver for negligence. Both times he was not running a stop sign, was riding in a designated bike lane, and was not riding at or faster than the speed limit.

Here in San Diego, if you want to get away with a random act of homicide, just run down a bicyclist. The cops will understand.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    I'd think that insanity defense or no, it would be a fairly simple matter for the guy threatened, having audio and video evidence, to obtain a restraining order against her. Specifically pertaining to when she is on a horse. It would also take care of any firearm threat she may pose to him, as any and all firearms in her house would typically be confiscated for the duration of the order.
    I don't think there's a problem with her running into and harassing the same person or her seeking out specific individuals. So, a restraining order is pretty much useless.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I don't think there's a problem with her running into and harassing the same person or her seeking out specific individuals. So, a restraining order is pretty much useless.
    That's exactly when a restraining order would go into effect. She would be required, by court order, to keep X distance from the individual(s) being protected. She'd have to turn around and go the other direction, or violate the order.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    That's exactly when a restraining order would go into effect. She would be required, by court order, to keep X distance from the individual(s) being protected. She'd have to turn around and go the other direction, or violate the order.
    No, you don't understand, everyone needs to be protected from her. How is everyone going to get a restraining order?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast