Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robncircus View Post
    So is all the side single track stuff gone? I was just there last weekend and had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope, all the side single tracks are still there. The main trail, now a fire road, is extremely loose. I've never seen it this loose. Watch your speed! And the bull dozer/tractor has dropped some of the rocks at the top section when you drop in, so be careful. Hopefully they will at least smooth it out at some point. The staff is very friendly too, and will keep all of Sully open while they are doing what they need to do. I'm hoping all will still be kind and respectful. The Gas Company owns all of Sully and are nice enough to let us ride it. They can take that away from us at any time.
    GGR Girl Wendy E

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselvRR View Post
    Can't believe I just read every post on this thread, and still don't know what happened with the lady on the horse.

She's in a blue Volvo now.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robncircus View Post
    So is all the side single track stuff gone? I was just there last weekend and had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I honestly hope the singletrack isn't all gone. That would mean the wooden bridges are gone too . If that place got graded...it's gotta be crazy dusty over there. I was there three weeks ago and the dust was so fine...it went through the vents in my shoes and through my socks. My toes looked like I walked barefoot through the dirt.

I've never seen anybody on a horse down there.

Bannėd
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    She's in a blue Volvo now.
    Think I saw her the other day so I asked her if I could snap a picture.. Not as bad as people make her out to be.

the lady on the white horse (if you ran into her you know what im talking about)-image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ochmonek View Post
    Think I saw her the other day so I asked her if I could snap a picture.. Not as bad as people make her out to be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	1028399

If that's her I'd take the abuse the OP took upon the white horse encounter.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Good/bad lighting effect??

...hmm lighting on the trail must've been bipolar too?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Skipped most of the thread, just the first and last couple pages.

Just want to post to remind people that the horse is a victim here to. Doing anything to harm the horse in order to get back at the owner is as ***** of a move as kicking a dog because you don't like the owner.

There are some pretty ******* horse people out there, a lot unjustified. I just went to a community event in support of a proposed MTB event and had to hear most of the horse people talk about the evil mountain bikers.

I have two formerly abused horses. They don't choose their owners or caretakers. My horse is frightened by nearly everything and you can barely touch his head because who ever had him before beat him into submission to perform better.

I don't take kindly to people who attack animals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    Skipped most of the thread, just the first and last couple pages.

Just want to post to remind people that the horse is a victim here to. Doing anything to harm the horse in order to get back at the owner is as ***** of a move as kicking a dog because you don't like the owner.

There are some pretty ******* horse people out there, a lot unjustified. I just went to a community event in support of a proposed MTB event and had to hear most of the horse people talk about the evil mountain bikers.

I have two formerly abused horses. They don't choose their owners or caretakers. My horse is frightened by nearly everything and you can barely touch his head because who ever had him before beat him into submission to perform better.

I don't take kindly to people who attack animals.
    Totally agree with the sentiment, though it's not too reassuring to consider that I might be sharing the trail with an animal so abused it probably has PTSD.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Pro tip: If you see a horse with a ribbon tied to the tail, that horse likes to kick.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    Totally agree with the sentiment, though it's not too reassuring to consider that I might be sharing the trail with an animal so abused it probably has PTSD.
    Horses are prey animals, their instincts strongly weigh on the flight end of "flight or fight". Kicking is a last resort. A horse well only charge you if:
    A. Fleeing is not an option.
    B. The rider physically forced it (very hard to force a 1000 pound animal to do anything).
    C. Is wild and protecting a herd (still unlikely).

You have to spend countless hours training a horse to charge into danger. Something that very few people have the time to do.

When mine gets scared he tries to turn and run. If I can't calm him down then I dismount and hand walk him. I want to build trust with him (several years later, it is starting to work). Last time we were down in the Santa Ana river at night and he heard rustling in the bushes, he just wanted to get the hell out of there.

A dog is a predator, so a dog with PTSD nay just attack with little provocation. Totally the opposite of a horse. Just think off a deer, are they more likely or less likely to attack you?

mtbr member
    I grew up riding horses, though haven't trained them like you. I'm not worried about being kicked so much as a spooked horse and an inexperienced rider in tight quarters. That said, 99% of my encounters with horses have been positive, and I go out of my way to keep 'me that way.

mtbr member
    +100% with all that!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor ochmonek View Post
    think i saw her the other day so i asked her if i could snap a picture.. Not as bad as people make her out to be.

2xidb!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

When my bike gets scared he tries to turn and run. If I can't calm him down then I dismount and hand walk him. I want to build trust with him (several years later, it is starting to work)
    Same here.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    When my bike gets scared he tries to turn and run. If I can't calm him down then I dismount
    and hand walk him. I want to build trust with him (several years later, it is starting to work

Lmao , mine too!
    " I don't ride park"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ochmonek View Post

Nice baby blue Volvo you got there!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Same here.
    Ha Ha, I had to go back and see what I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    I grew up riding horses, though haven't trained them like you. I'm not worried about being kicked so much as a spooked horse and an inexperienced rider in tight quarters. That said, 99% of my encounters with horses have been positive, and I go out of my way to keep 'me that way.
    Oh, I'm not a trainer. I am not some dog or horse "whisperer" or some ****, but I do naturally have a pretty good natural understanding off animal behavior which had served me well over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelchef67 View Post
    When my bike gets scared he tries to turn and run. If I can't calm him down then I dismount
    and hand walk him. I want to build trust with him (several years later, it is starting to work

Lmao , mine too!
    Ha Ha, I had to go back and see what I posted.

Oh, I'm not a trainer. I am not some dog or horse "whisperer" or some ****, but I do naturally have a pretty good natural understanding off animal behavior which had served me well over the years.
    I don't think Reelchef67 caught what I did.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Yup I did
    " I don't ride park"

Quote Originally Posted by Reelchef67 View Post
    Yup I did
    Oh sorry.