Negative Rep Points!!!!

LA Cartel Invades Noble Canyon

Saturday.

Despite major efforts by local authorities, San Diego was unable to prevent the LA Cartel from invading Noble Canyon, However, a good time was had by all.

At 9:00, Dusty Bottoms, Macrider, Mondo, Fullface Nate, Nick, DFT(with magic green tank top), and me, headed up extra credit. This was however, after the LA cartel did 3 wardrobe changes, finished their lattes, and made 18 cell phone calls Good climbing weather, temps in the low 70's. Lot's of hikers with guns on Deer Park road.

While resting at the at the top of the Waterfall climb (Indian Creek), Endo Verendo rolls up.

After a bit more climbing we made it up to Sunrise Hiway,refueled, watered up, power lounged, and then began our descent.

Good ride, I provided comic relief in the way of some good dirt naps.

Post ride eats at Manana's.

Thanks for making the trip down, y'all!

More pics over here:

http://www.fooriders.com/webmain/ind...279194&t=55928
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 10-30-2005 at 08:21 AM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

taxi mechanic
    looks as if fun time. i see gabba gabba hey from pinhead song at bottom.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by eebeedah
    looks as if fun time. i see gabba gabba hey from pinhead song at bottom.

I like tshirtless pic over the rock
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

cask conditioned
    Thanks for the opportunity to witness Noble Cyn. owning Aqua for a change.

It was a fun weekend although the singles ride on Sunday did indeed turn out to be a sausage fest.
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

34N 118W
    Quote Originally Posted by endo verendo
    It was a fun weekend although the singles ride on Sunday did indeed turn out to be a sausage fest.

mmmmm, sausage. Wait...nevermind.

cute photo, smiley. Maybe the chix thought you were anti-social with your ipod. Way to go.

cask conditioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    Maybe the chix thought you were anti-social with your ipod. Way to go.
    Hey pink bike boy... I wore the iPod on Noble (needed fast songs to keep up with everyone), not on the singles ride. GCBY.

where are we eating?

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood

cute photo, smiley. Maybe the chix thought you were anti-social with your ipod. Way to go.

YEAH!!!! Drink spewed all over monitor!!!!
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

well heck

Thanks for the opportunity to witness Noble Cyn. owning Aqua for a change.

if I'd known you were coming I would have made it out myself! then again, i was contractually obligated to visit the in-laws so I rode up Chumash and down Hummingbird instead........

glad you had a good ride.

Michael

cask conditioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti_Rider
    if I'd known you were coming I would have made it out myself! then again, i was contractually obligated to visit the in-laws so I rode up Chumash and down Hummingbird instead........
    Well, some of the Ronettes are planning a trip down to Veloswap on Sunday. Maybe a ride afterwards?

where are we eating?

I could swing that

Well, some of the Ronettes are planning a trip down to Veloswap on Sunday. Maybe a ride afterwards?
    what do you have in mind? I won't be able to bring my gear to the veloswap since I'll have my son with me. but, after hte swap I bring him back home and can go. not sure if I can spend all day out in east county bit if you want to hit one of the more local rides let me know.

YR

cask conditioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti_Rider
    not sure if I can spend all day out in east county bit if you want to hit one of the more local rides let me know.
    YR
    Do you have anything in mind? I wouldn't mind riding Florida Cyn from the swap and hitting the stairs and urban stuff in Balboa Park, then the trails along the 163 and back. Then we can drive to OB and hit South Beach for fish tacos. I'm not sure the rest of the LA peeps would want to do an easy loop like that though.

I haven't been to Del Mar Mesa since I moved up to LA in 98. Are the trails up there still fun? I stopped going there after my favorite trail turned into a neigborhood.

where are we eating?

well

Do you have anything in mind? I wouldn't mind riding Florida Cyn from the swap and hitting the stairs and urban stuff in Balboa Park, then the trails along the 163 and back. Then we can drive to OB and hit South Beach for fish tacos. I'm not sure the rest of the LA peeps would want to do an easy loop like that though.

I haven't been to Del Mar Mesa since I moved up to LA in 98. Are the trails up there still fun? I stopped going there after my favorite trail turned into a neigborhood.

since I have to take my son home after the swap meet, I'm not overly excited about turning back around and driving back to Balboar Park to ride. I live in Rancho Penasquitos just North of the 52 so..........if you wanted to hit PQ and the Del Mar Mesa I'd be game for that since it's just around the corner depending on where we'd start. I usually start at the east end of the park off of Black Mountain Road at CanyonSide Rec center but can also start from the west end if that makes more sense.

most of the north side trails on the mesa are still there. there's a few areas interrupted by construction but there is a good 18-22-ish mile loop still attainable with only one short section of pavement.

Michael