"Its All Good"

A Kiwi & a few Americano's & A WHOLE LOTTA FUN

Warning - Heaps of pictures..........

Back in the US of A again for work, so strapped on a weekend here to the work week.

We started off with a great Italian meal on Friday evening. Have to say was very good food. Someone will have to pipe in with the resturant and area where the location was

We rode Noble Canyon and attached trails again. You may think again, but have to say this trail is fantastic.

The climb to the top works me like a dog. I borrowed a 22t Boone sprocket off of Aqua to see if this helped much. We knew it would be of great help on the main climb, but I knew it would help out big time in the rocky areas, which are a many on this ride.

The temperature started out quite crisp, but nice, by the time we grunted our way to the top carpark, in just under 3 hours, the wind had picked up, so temp wise was quite cool in the wind, but in sheltered areas were great. Again we met the girls at the top carpark, ladened with some cold drinks... Yeah ha..

Many highlights on this ride, found some great features to play on, as normal the pictures often do not do the steepness etc justness. I made the "Organ Donor" climb which floated my boat big time, had never made this climb... And all the better that the others didnt today, but for sure they normally do and I dont. So was a happy camper.

Will let the pictures do the talking, speaking of pictures, there is a shiat load too...

What a dick!

A few testing drops prior to the others arriving...

Aqua putting the call out to other riders..

We climbed, then we climbed, then we climbed some more....

A near the top group photo..... Whafe, Super T, HecklerMar & Aqua

A whole lotta playing.....

Aqua, you my friend, are this close to "getting your butt kicked"

Back to whole lotta fun

Sequence of a tough roller, that looks easy in the first of 3 pics....

Some wood.....

The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    Back to whole lotta fun

Dusk heading back to the cars.

The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    nice stuff, Whafe!

looks like a super fun day riding!

Recovering couch patato
    Wow, you might want to warn people for this in the subject.

What's with Jones owners and tehir obsession to post loads and loads of crystal clear riding pics, mostly of odd faces and stunty moves? :-)

mtbr member
    Props to the Team!
    Attached Images Attached Images

anyone else smell that?
    friggin' great photos!!!

hey whafe, did your outfit come with a bowtie??

El Mas Chingon
    who is tibug?
    Moots Cinco
    Vassago Optimus Ti
    Cervelo Prodigy

breathing helium
    Nice stuff Whafe! (as usual) Always good to see the Jonesers out on a sunny day generating mucho stoke for the rest of us.

mtbr member
    Are you seriously wearing the faux tatoo arm warmers?

i can't type the letter s
    Nice Guys! I am still up in SB. I rode with the FOCer's on Sat and rode by my lonesome today, (well I had Bailey) but it's all good! Someday we'll hook up again Whafe.

"Its All Good"
    Thanks Cris

Yes Cloxxi, indeed mucho photos... I said in the first line of the post ... LOL

jagslt / Bingo, we have a winner, the TLD tuxedo outfit was to see how long it would take to get a comment, you one.... Yeah ha... LOL

cocheese / was a great day, really enjoyed it, even the world of pain climbing to the top.

PanFry / Indeed serious as a heart attack, they are faux arm warmers. Beats plain black or white, and gotta see the lighter side of things, I am too scared for tattoo's..

mouse jockey / sorry to not hook up again. I will be back in 2 weekends time, so lets hook up then, going to have a surprise visitor to ride with us... Aqua has a plan for a ride in San Juan etc... More info to come....

Thanks for the positive comments and sorry to hijak your bandwidth....

Old, stale, negative
    Great thread, keep em' coming. Some of those rock drops would give me pause.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by bstrick
    Dont worry bstrick, the old chocolate starfish puckered up more than once.....

mtbr member
    beautiful pics. thanks, i cant wait for the trails to dry out from this monsoon here in the midwest.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Good stuff as usual Whafe, nice rock crawling pics

pewpewpew Moderator
    awesome pictures and post. thanks! i still have to make it down that way one of these days.
    Love, Impy

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Finally saw a Jones in person this weekend. JJ was up at SOC. Beautiful bikes. Thanks for posting up the pictures Whafe.

OT: MJ, How was the riding in SB this weekend? Froze my keister off up north.

anyone else smell that?
    Quote Originally Posted by bstrick
    pause?? i believe i'd mess myself.

"Its All Good"
    Well a miracle happened, my Jones made it back to New Zealand with me, you may well laugh, but the track record of late going through London is 16 flights through Heathrow and 15 delayed baggage issues..... Was great to fly from LAX to Auckland and have my bags arrive... Sweet sweet feeling....

Impy, best you get out to Noble, as I mentioned last time, the place is stunning. The flowers have not quite popped, I would say with a few more warm days, the place will be going off with wild flowers... I thought it would have been good this weekend, but no go...

i can't type the letter s
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    mouse jockey / sorry to not hook up again. I will be back in 2 weekends time, so lets hook up then, going to have a surprise visitor to ride with us... Aqua has a plan for a ride in San Juan etc... More info to come....
    Ooohh, San Juan...love it.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Ooohh, San Juan...love it.
    All good then, sounds done and dusted..... See you in a couple of weeks....

Stray Bullet
    I really really need to make the drive south to Noble before it gets too hot.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    I really really need to make the drive south to Noble before it gets too hot.
    Indeed you do.....

An option is to do the climb to the top fairly early, then go hang out the top and have a rest, a sleep or kip and then head down again once the temp lowers in the late afternoon evening.

Do it next weekend, the flowers will be popping or lets say exploding....

As I sit here at home in New Zealand with the temps dropping and it pissing with rain....