mtbr member

kern plateau update.....

the forest service took a snow measurement last week up on the plateau....8 feet and were currently getting more, so all you cannel junkies are going to have to wait 'til the end of june, unless it gets hot quick........
    don't endorse a product you dont believe in!!!!!

mtbr member
    Well the one and only time I "Took The Plunge" was the July 4th weekend about 3 years ago....snow piles were still at the top..in fact did an endo on one of em! heh-heh!
    I don't think it was even a heavy winter that year!??
    Saw a bear towards the bottom!....I wana go back!
    If your saying 8 feet might be longer than june! heh-heh...I really don't know though & thanks for the update!
    Ride Dirt
    Matt W.
    Press On !
    Gal 5:6,b NIV
    Celebrating 20+ YEARS of strictly MTB riding!..I'm old

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    That's very disappointing except for the snowmobilers! Not only bad for the Cannell, but also for the great trails over by Blackrock Station. Oh well, at least it will be green with lots of creek crossings. I wouldn't ride the Big Meadow swamp section of the Cannell this year!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog
    That's very disappointing except for the snowmobilers! Not only bad for the Cannell, but also for the great trails over by Blackrock Station. Oh well, at least it will be green with lots of creek crossings. I wouldn't ride the Big Meadow swamp section of the Cannell this year!

Ya I fogot about how nasty that was the 1st week of july on a fairly dry year!
    Ride Dirt
    Matt W.
    Press On !
    Gal 5:6,b NIV
    Celebrating 20+ YEARS of strictly MTB riding!..I'm old