member: kv dirt daddies

Kern Canyon trail (pic heavy)

On Sunday I met up with several MTBR riders to do the Kern Canyon trail from Keysville to the Bridge. We met at 5:45 AM I don't usually have a pulse this early in the morning. We set up the shuttle and got on the trail by 6:30 or so. It was nice and cool. The ride went great, we only had one broken chain. We were done by 11. My ride computer said 21.4 miles, 2:52 ride time, 2640' of climbing. With the recent rain and cooler temperatures, the hills were still green and a few wildflowers were still out. Here are a few pics.

Thanks Esteban, Dave and Mark for getting me out of bed early.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Sweet pics. Looks like a cool trail!

Quick

Man Allison, you are fast. It was only up for 3 minutes before you responded. What does that say about your MTBR/STR habit?

mtbr member

looks nice

2540' worth of climbing but how much decending?

decent

This is an XC trail. I think the start is about 400' higher than the bridge so that means about 3000' of decent.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sweet pics. Those came out really good. But where are the couple we took of you? Are you the mysterious man behind the camera?

Thanks to you Jeff for being our tour guide. Sorry our slow butts made you wait so long.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sweeeeet pics!!! Thanks.

Glad to Be Alive
    Sweet pics.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsh
    Man Allison, you are fast. It was only up for 3 minutes before you responded. What does that say about your MTBR/STR habit?
    Only that I was reading the So Cal forum on here when you posted

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Great pics! I usually do that ride over Thanksgiving weekend, so it never looks that green. Someone was asking about the descent. I took a guy out there and when we got done he called that ride a geographic anomaly, since even though the map showed we descended he swore he'd been climbing the whole time. The only long sustained descent is in the last few miles.

That is definitely one of the rides I miss since heading for the Rockies, but I'll find something around here to help me get over it. Thanks again!