Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Kenter Whoops

  1. #1
    Salsa Shark
    Reputation: bedheadben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    466

    New question here. Kenter Whoops

    Hey, does anyone know where the Kenter Whoops are in Los Angeles? An adress, or directions would be greatly apreciated.

    Thanks in advance, Ben.
    "Man goes in the cage. Cage goes in the salsa. Shark's in the salsa - our shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat."

  2. #2
    wii!!!!!
    Reputation: brenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    91
    Here ya go.

  3. #3
    34N 118W
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,267

    they don't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by bedheadben
    Hey, does anyone know where the Kenter Whoops are in Los Angeles?
    after a HUGE flame war on the DH board about some pics I took there a year ago and posted, the Mod. finally realized that the right thing to do was to delete the entire thread because I had revealed the sacred "K" name and that made the regulars cranky. It's a good thing you can't find any trail reviews on it, along with directions, here on mtbr. That would be really bad. So, to recap, there's no such place.


    In other news, ask me how I saved a ton of money on car insurance!

    Carry on.
    HW

  4. #4
    Moose Enthusiast
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    237

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    after a HUGE flame war on the DH board about some pics I took there a year ago and posted, the Mod. finally realized that the right thing to do was to delete the entire thread because I had revealed the sacred "K" name and that made the regulars cranky. It's a good thing you can't find any trail reviews on it, along with directions, here on mtbr. That would be really bad. So, to recap, there's no such place.


    In other news, ask me how I saved a ton of money on car insurance!

    Carry on.
    HW
    but lets just pretend that me and bedheadben manage to find it. is any one going to mind if we ride?

  5. #5
    Salsa Shark
    Reputation: bedheadben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by hofferfish
    but lets just pretend that me and bedheadben manage to find it. is any one going to mind if we ride?
    I'm sure they won't as long as we stay quiet about it Alex.
    "Man goes in the cage. Cage goes in the salsa. Shark's in the salsa - our shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat."

  6. #6
    Moose Enthusiast
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by bedheadben
    I'm sure they won't as long as we stay quiet about it Alex.
    i kno i just dont want another sylmar incident,not that brentwood is anything like sylmar

  7. #7
    Salsa Shark
    Reputation: bedheadben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by hofferfish
    i kno i just dont want another sylmar incident,not that brentwood is anything like sylmar
    That is a valid fear, but if these guys are telling us where it is, then that won't happen there.
    "Man goes in the cage. Cage goes in the salsa. Shark's in the salsa - our shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat."

  8. #8
    tep
    tep is offline
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    It's a good thing you can't find any trail reviews on it, along with directions, here on mtbr.
    Hollywood, hope you won't be offended by this. You can find trail reviews and directions to the Whoops here on mtbr. Check out "Whoops" instead of "Kenter Whoops"

    just in case......here you go.

    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...8_4520crx.aspx

    have fun there,
    tep

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,926

    confusing

    Quote Originally Posted by tep
    Hollywood, hope you won't be offended by this. You can find trail reviews and directions to the Whoops here on mtbr. Check out "Whoops" instead of "Kenter Whoops"

    just in case......here you go.

    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...8_4520crx.aspx

    have fun there,
    tep
    WTH? I click on that get an ad for car insurance.

  10. #10
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Reputation: JMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,709

    Kenter?

    Kenter is about as secret as Sullivan Canyon.

    Use the trash cans and keep the place clean. Lots of people hike this trail, walk dogs, ride XC, etc, so be courteous. Nearby housing development will eventually kill this spot, so don't accelerate the process by setting a bad example. Beyond that, enjoy!

    Oh, and KEEP IT SECRET!

    JMH

    Quote Originally Posted by bedheadben
    That is a valid fear, but if these guys are telling us where it is, then that won't happen there.

  11. #11
    34N 118W
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,267

    offended

    Quote Originally Posted by tep
    Hollywood, hope you won't be offended by this. You can find trail reviews and directions to the Whoops here on mtbr. Check out "Whoops" instead of "Kenter Whoops"

    just in case......here you go.

    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...8_4520crx.aspx

    have fun there,
    tep
    I'm offended that you didn't read further and click my car insurance link Way to keep it on the d/l.

    xoxo
    hw

  12. #12
    Moose Enthusiast
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    I'm offended that you didn't read further and click my car insurance link Way to keep it on the d/l.

    xoxo
    hw
    ha, i thought it was part of your signature

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bobby Peru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    486
    I'm way surprised that this place still even exists. With how big that it's been built up and all the people there, it is only a matter of time before it's gone. Enjoy it while it's here folks, it wont't be around for much longer!

  14. #14
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    I'm way surprised that this place still even exists. With how big that it's been built up and all the people there, it is only a matter of time before it's gone. Enjoy it while it's here folks, it wont't be around for much longer!

    yep that is why we don't mention it.........turn the stereos down, drive slower and keep the noise down all around thosae houses
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •