mtbr member

Just started riding again & new to riding in LA

I've been on the forum the past few months now, trying to participate when I can add something but I've never really introduced myself. As a result of an exchange (it was positive) I had with another member today on another thread I realized that I should introduce myself even though I honestly feel a bit silly for it.

A little about me: about 3 months ago I started riding after a 5yr hiatus. So far I've been riding mostly with my girlfriend and a little by myself. I commend her on effort and also enjoy riding with her, however there is a fair difference in our skill level. Eventually I would like to ride with some people that are more in my range. As you can see from my profile I like riding XC & DH, though I haven't found many DH trails around here so far. I live in the Marina del Rey/Venice Beach area and have mostly ridden at Pt Mugu and in the SF Valley. I am willing to travel further for trails if anyone has recommendations.

This is starting to sound like a personal ad so I'll stop. Anyways, I mostly wanted to say "Hi" formally. See you all around on the board.

-Kurtis

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    whats up kurtis,

ive been on about a 12 year hiatas and just bought a 2010 session 88 and it should be on its way, i was on here looking for some downhill shuttle trails as well. i used ride mandavile in brentwood, just didnt like the climb to the hub, but there where a few single tracks that shot you out on sunset. there was a rythom section that was cool and a road gap jump where i got amnesia from casing the landing. i live in west LA use to live at the Marina Azzurra in marina del rey. would be down to gets some rides going if i knew of any tracks. i need a few weeks of getting dialed in before hitting fontana and or some serious downhill runs, dont want to be a chump rolling up on a big rig and cant ride worth squat. would like to get to big bear or mt baldy but im not sure if i could remember where the trails were. use to race socal/fontana, big bear world cup, sea otter, mammoth but that was when i was young. i use to ride around venice at night when the freaks come out every night, good stair cases and jibbing.

n00bie
    If you want to hit Santa Clarita trails, let me know. I ride 3-5 a week.

mtbr member
    eride1, let me know when you get your bike and are ready to start riding. Honestly I'm a way from doing and road gaps, but I definitely want to build my skills.

El Immigrante, sounds good! I'm busy with these next two weekends but I am definitely up for hitting the trails around Santa Clarita if your available in a couple of weekends? Are they XC, freeride, or DH trails?

n00bie
    In Santa Clarita, it's all XC...fire roads and single tracks.

I'm always around...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Will hit you when I get back. Going on a vacation and should have my bike home by the time I get back. Shouldn't take but a minute to put it together and take her out for a spin. No need to worry as I haven't ridden on dirt in 12 years let alone jumping but a few stairs. Well get are skills up in the next few months. Talk to you soon