Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Just Outstanding - question

953 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  fergyrock 
#1 ·
Hey, I've ridden Just Outstanding many times over the last 6 years (friend has a house in Kernville and I kayak up there all summer) - over the years I've heard rumors of North Shore style stunts etc. up top - rumors true? how to find?

if answering on a public board is bad, drop me a pm - inquiring minds want to know....

also, anybody ridden Clear Creek trail up there? I'm thinking of checking it out this weekend and I am curious what it's like...

#2 · (Edited)
macrider said:
Hey, I've ridden Just Outstanding many times over the last 6 years (friend has a house in Kernville and I kayak up there all summer) - over the years I've heard rumors of North Shore style stunts etc. up top - rumors true? how to find?

if answering on a public board is bad, drop me a pm - inquiring minds want to know....

also, anybody ridden Clear Creek trail up there? I'm thinking of checking it out this weekend and I am curious what it's like...
I rode it once - summer 2004...I don't remember any NS style stuff on the JO trail I took. Could be that there has been "trail work" activity since...or spurs that I don't know about. Jfish should know more about this, I think he (like Aqua owns Noble) owns Kernville. Or ask PF.

#3 ·
Chief said:
I rode it once - summer 2004...I don't remember any NS style stuff on the JO trail I took. Could be that there has been "trail work" activity since...or spurs that I don't know about. Jfish should know more about this, I think he (like Aqua) owns Kernville. Or ask PF.
Aqua, own Kernville? Please...Aqua owns 3 trails, ATT, Noble Cyn and SJT - wtf does that guy know about anywhere else? Besides, he wouldn't know "shore" stuff if it reached up and snapped one of his twig-like legs....

my guess is the rumored stuff is on spurs - if it exits at all

Jfish the guy in Bakersfield?

#4 ·
macrider said:
Aqua, own Kernville? Please...Aqua owns 3 trails, ATT, Noble Cyn and SJT - wtf does that guy know about anywhere else? Besides, he wouldn't know "shore" stuff if it reached up and snapped one of his twig-like legs....

my guess is the rumored stuff is on spurs - if it exits at all

Jfish the guy in Bakersfield?
(like Aqua owns Noble). He owns SJT and ATT...I am shocked at those spurius allegations! Not.

Yeah, Jfsh is rumored to be romping around on another MTBR forum lately (like an hour ago). He's the go to guy for the area up there. If it's there, he knows about it. He's a local Kernville resident. click here: http://forums.mtbr.com/member.php?u=257542

#5 · (Edited)
I don't own anything. I just like to ride. I don't know of any North Shore stuff up there. I have been all over that area on my bike and motorcycle in the last several years. I don't know everything so I can't say for sure. If it is up there it must be hidden real well. The Forest Service frowns on that type of stuff around here.
Clear Creek is a bit of a mystery right now. At one point many years ago it was awesome. The bottom of it is on private property. I think the land was sold and the new owner dismantled the bottom trailhead. After that the Forest Service never rerouted it and stopped maintaining it. I have heard of several people trying it lately and reporting a lot of downed trees across the trail. A year and a half ago I rode my dirt bike down the first third or so. It seemed in fine shape until I hit some obstacles and had to turn around. Getting out at the end of the trail seems to be as big of a problem as the fallen trees. Last fall I asked our local forest service trail guy about it and he said they hadn't worked on it in years. I got the impression that he was in no hurry to get on it either. I hope this helps.

#6 ·
jfsh said:
I don't own anything. I just like to ride. I don't know of any North Shore stuff up there. I have been all over that area on my bike and motorcycle in the last several years. I don't know everything so I can't say for sure. I it is up there it must be hidden real well. The Forest Service frowns on that type of stuff around here.
Clear Creek is a bit of a mystery right now. At one point many years ago it was awesome. The bottom of it is on private property. I think the land was sold and the new owner dismantled the bottom trailhead. After that the Forest Service never rerouted it and stopped maintaining it. I have heard of several people trying it lately and reporting a lot of downed trees across the trail. A year and a half ago I rode my dirt bike down the first third or so. It seemed in fine shape until I hit some obstacles and had to turn around. Getting out at the end of the trail seems to be as big of a problem as the fallen trees. Last fall I asked our local forest service trail guy about it and he said they hadn't worked on it in years. I got the impression that he was in no hurry to get on it either. I hope this helps.
The 'owning' of the trail was an "in joke"...for people (Aqua, cough, cough) that ride (or know about) a certain area A LOT...it's a well-earned badge of honor!

#7 ·
i hear there is shore stuff in the camp nelson area....2 trails, one nice single track, the other has some stunt stuff.....some of us plan to head that way soon...you never know, there may be some stunt stuff built near jo..........check it out this fall, thats all i can say as of now....

#8 ·
Chief said:
(like Aqua owns Noble). He owns SJT and ATT...I am shocked at those spurius allegations! Not.

Yeah, Jfsh is rumored to be romping around on another MTBR forum lately (like an hour ago). He's the go to guy for the area up there. If it's there, he knows about it. He's a local Kernville resident. click here: http://forums.mtbr.com/member.php?u=257542
yea jsh(jeff) treated us well, showed us some not so ridden JO lines, he knows the stuff.
when you have more time, camp nelson another 1+ hour north!!

#10 ·
DHidiot said:
I will be camping up there Saturday night - is anyone down to shuttle Just Outstanding Sunday morning? I can provide a retrieval car. PM me your info if you can!
I am trying to plan a ride W/ Jfish and scottyl on Sunday Morning to have some fun and talk about getting a gathering together there this fall. we should all try to get together and do JO to Dutchflat, we'd be interested in your input on a gathering as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.