mtbr member
    Jun 2011

July 5th or July 6th So-Cal Ride - Anybody Interested?

I am going to Ride SART either July 5 or July 6 depending on interest here. If I do not get any takers, I'll ride Friday July 5th solo. Looking to do Post Office to South Fork and back, not a fast rider, and beginners are welcome. SART is mildly technical with some steep exposure. Expect about a 28.5 mile ride, with 3,325 feet of elevation gain, so it's a pretty long ride. Please PM me ASAP if interested. I know the area extremely well and will be happy to guide anyone less familiar. If you have not ridden SART and live in So-Cal, you are truly missing out.

Thanks..

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I still want to hit that trail up bro...I'm actually training and increasing mileage just to be able to do it. Just rode 23 miles today and working my endurance up. Just got a Trek Fuel a month ago and damn it's improved my riding. My first FS bike and loving every minute of it. How long does it take you to do 28.5 miles? The 3,325 elevation seems like a great challenge. I do want hit SART up before summer end and hopefully we can meet up. Someone with trail knowledge would be great. (BEERS)
    JUST DO IT

No known cure
    Check your PMs. I'm already up on the hill and have Friday off. I just need to know what bike to roll. The five inch fully or SS hardtail?
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan1113 View Post
    I still want to hit that trail up bro...I'm actually training and increasing mileage just to be able to do it. Just rode 23 miles today and working my endurance up. Just got a Trek Fuel a month ago and damn it's improved my riding. My first FS bike and loving every minute of it. How long does it take you to do 28.5 miles? The 3,325 elevation seems like a great challenge. I do want hit SART up before summer end and hopefully we can meet up. Someone with trail knowledge would be great. (BEERS)
    Bryan, sounds good. Let's do it when you are ready. I am not very fast so that ride takes me 2/3 of a day. Stay in touch, and let me know when you are ready. Usually, I do Wednesdays or Thursdays, this week I'm doing it Friday. Beers sounds good!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Check your PMs. I'm already up on the hill and have Friday off. I just need to know what bike to roll. The five inch fully or SS hardtail?
    Hey Vader, just got online and saw your PM too. Looks like I may have another rider from on here I've ridden with join me. He's super cool and we have ridden before. I'm thinking Friday. I ride a 120mm (basically 5 inch) FS up there. We could meet at Angelus Oaks in parking lot. Let's plan on it and we can talk tomorrow for details...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    So far Im still a go. My biggest problem is transportation at the moment so Im relying on my friend to show up and get me friday morning. Ive rid sart with trmn8er and had a blast! So if you have the opportunity Id say do it! I ride a hardtail and have no trouble with the trail.

Hope to see ya on the trail!
    Just some yahoo on a Wahoo

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Joe, I am really looking forward to it. If you cannot get a ride, we can get two Bikes in my little Focus Hatch easy. Just put fresh STANS in the rear tire, and tuned the bike a bit. I'm ready!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just confirmed with him, all systems are go. How does a meet at the angelus oaks lot at 7:30 sound???

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCapps View Post
    Just confirmed with him, all systems are go. How does a meet at the angelus oaks lot at 7:30 sound???
    Yes Joe, sounds perfect. I would suggest lots of water and bring food too. Are you packing a tube for backup?

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by trmn8er View Post
    Yes Joe, sounds perfect. I would suggest lots of water and bring food too. Are you packing a tube for backup?
    Which lot? The turn out just up the road from the general store?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    The Post office lot, near the restaurant. Vader we are going to meet at 0730 if you can make it...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I believe the address is 37696 State Highway 38, Angelus Oaks, CA 92305

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    got it covered!

No known cure
    I'll see you guys at 7:30/AM. I'm only 25 minutes away.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    What happened man???!!!

We had an excellent ride today. We all pushed ourselves a bit but had a ton of fun!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Re: July 5th or July 6th So-Cal Ride - Anybody Interested?

Joe and Chris, super fun day. I slept like 10 hrs after not sleeping much before the ride. I was beat. Feel good today. Not sore at all, just a little tired legs. We will need to do it again, perhaps a different segment, or even shuttle. Id like to do South Fork all the way to Redlands one way. Tons of downhill and some climb. Perhaps we can do it when its not near as humid!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Re: July 5th or July 6th So-Cal Ride - Anybody Interested?

Vader, I thought you were all in for this? Perhaps next time.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Joe and Chris, super fun day. I slept like 10 hrs after not sleeping much before the ride. I was beat. Feel good today. Not sore at all, just a little tired legs. We will need to do it again, perhaps a different segment, or even shuttle. Id like to do South Fork all the way to Redlands one way. Tons of downhill and some climb. Perhaps we can do it when its not near as humid!
    For sure man! After the ride I had two parties to go to. I got home around 2 am. Then I also slept 10 hours HAHA! Today is muscle recovery day for sure, remember to eat lean proteins! Anyway It was an excellent ride and I look forward to doing it again.